Which FF Character Do You Most Admire?

what u mean? sehpiroth has cool hair and a big kitana! plus cloud is a hero becus he kills people who are evil and ruining the world. they are both badass antiheros!

flashbacks and remembering the past is considered an unstable mental state? when did this happen? lots of people lock parts of their past away and have flashbacks about it, so are you willing to say that at least 35% of the world and roughly 64% of America is mentally unstable?

anyways, i would have to say vincent valentine, and in a twisted way, i have to say Sephiroth. if i found out that i was an experiment and all the things that he found out, i would have gone off the deep end too. so would most people. his reaction on finding out what he was would turn anyone round the twist. and finally, cloud. he was willing to be thought crazy by ignorant posters worldwide. not so much for that as for what people like most about most of the characters mentioned here. no matter personal problems, no matter how hard their path became, they kept on, didn’t give up and pressed til the end, no matter what the end might be.

EDIT: i didn’t see it til just now, but i don’t think that finding out you were an experiment by the goverment is exactly a “small thing” pal.

I think randomly flipping out and hitting people you’re great friends with, almost with a sword once, could be considered an unstable mental state.

Repressing memories is one thing - taking on another’s life (Zack’s) is totally different. And let me explain it like this: Cloud found out once already that what he thought was reality was a lie, or at least part of a lie. If this happened to you, wouldn’t you also wonder if anything else was a lie, that your past isn’t really your own?

I know, worst case Scenario, but I like to think Cloud qualifies for worst worst case. Yes, I meant to say worst twice. That’s my point.

And like Steve said: he’s prone to fits of rage and violence, blackouts, has been severely poisoned by what accounts to the afterlife in that world, and - here’s somethign so few people remember - HE FUCKING KILLED OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. This might be common in games, but it’s still pretty fucking disturbing for ANYONE to do. Considering all the shit he had to kill (and effectively made hims tronger than God), and how he swings that huge sword with ease…

…Do I need to make a chart for you people?

Just curious but: Mention one character that doesn’t kill any humans. And I’d suggest you look outside the FF universe for that, because save for Marche (Who doesn’t kill –anything-), they all end up going against some kind of human military organization at some point.

I’m not saying that “they all do it” makes each one less guilty, but every single character mentioned in this thread killed or helped kill other humans (Or equally sentient beings) at some point.

Which bleeds into my theory about how most RPG characters are likely to become outlaws/vigilantes/something that isn’t really all that well-received by normal society. But that’s another topic entirely.

I admire Gilgamesh the most. He knows when to run away at the right times, plus he’s got some honour in him.

Quina is up there too… that thing enjoys a good meal. Can’t go wrong with that!

And I guess I’ll throw Gogo in too. Anyone who’s identity is unknown is a-ok in my books! :ark:

1. Give me a source on your oh-so-factual numbers.
  2. This isn’t the only reason anybody gave.

You forgot ‘beacuse he looks cool.’

Because having as poor coping abilities as the fucked-up citizens of our world is something to admire.

I would argue that based on his reaction, he wasn’t really on the twist at all to being with.

I think you may have just made a pretty bad typo of ‘he looks cool.’

By ignorant people you mean ‘people who played the exact same canon and thus have the same level of background knowledge and possibly more ability for character analysis than I do,’ because if so, he sure was thought of as crazy by a lot of ignorant posters.
Also, I’m not sure being bullheaded to the point of being bugfuck stupid is necessarily a role model trait.

What have we learned from all of this? Well, I for one have learned that while FF7 did provide us with characters that were interesting to follow… in 1997…

They certainly lack any good qualities that would classify them as reliable role-models. Furthermore, many of you have went into deep discussions about WHY they are so great as role models when you could have saved yourself some time and pride by saying “Because they look cool and/or have a huge sword”.

Now, Why did I choose Kefka? Nope, It certainly isnt because of his looks. If I were an aspiring gay ICP reject then perhaps… But since that is not the case, I’ll claim him simply because he isnt the uber cool/emo/whatever-the-fuck all the other heroes have been in 7, 8, and 10…

That is my story and I’m sticking to it.

Arac, for some reason I love reading your posts.

It could be the pure amount of pwnage that lives therein.

This tells me not to piss arac off…

I’ll piss him off for all i care. Any who, i ADMIRE cloud because of his sword, hair, and size. So screw off esker.

So, despite the fact that Cloud’s personality and mental state were completely wacked (I’m gathering this from what others have said, not having played the game), he’s a role model for people to follow and admire? Why, exactly?

No, nightmare, I won’t. I’m just as fucking stubborn as you, if not more. Only my stubbornness comes from being RIGHT, whereas you’re the kind of stubborn that comes from being a total fucking moron who doesn’t want to admit it, so clings tenaciously to his half-assed opinions even in front of overwhelming, and quite accurate evidence.

You can’t admire Cloud for a fucking sword. For one thing, weilding a sword that size is utterly impractical. by that time, you might as well be using an actual axe, since his Buster Sword obviously isn’t supposed to use an edge to kill, but the momentum and force it must produce to utterly crush the enemy. And it would be much more efficient to use an Axe then, since it’s both easier to wield, and would be more effective due to its smaller size, and thus the force is directed across a smaller area, and thus does much more damage. It’s like the difference between hitting your head with the flat of a book, then hitting yourself with the spine. I suggest you try this experiment out, nightmare. Many, many times. Because physics are fun! =D

Second: his Hair. What the fuck is there to admire about his hair? “Whoo, that psycho Cloud puts like a gallon of hair gel on every day and styles his hair until it’s sharp enough to draw blood and be totally impractical for the use of battle! He’s so motherfucking AWESOME!” 1.) Anyone can do it, if they spend enough time and money on doing it. 2.) No one would WANT to, since anyone who sees someone with hair like that will laugh them off the face of the Earth. or Planet, or whatever the fuck you wanna call the world. Goddamn FF worlds.

And now, I eagerly await your repeating of the same fucking opinion for the third or fourth time this thread without giving any actual indication as to why anyone should listen to you, and show a mental capacity that makes it hard for anyone to think your age can actually be counted with double digits. Because I know this post has done nothing to convince you to maybe give a little on your moronic stance, but dammit, it felt good to write this.

I admire Cloud because he chooses to wield a Buster Sword over any other weapons that are more practical to use… =_="
And I admire his hair-style because despite knowing that he will be laughed off the face of the planet, he’s still styling it that way.

ogm cloud is such a rebol i wnt to b liek him hez so kewl

. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Well, there we go. This is my generation.
Our role models decided upon their hair and how big a sword they carry (even if it is compensating for something).
Even the thought of being able to take a big sheet of metal, some yellow Manic Panic and gel, and actually win a presidential election based on that and being apeshit insane brings me little comfort.
I’m going to go find little kids to apologize to about the world they’re going to inherit.

I believe you, it felt just as good to read it.

Hey this thread is about which FF character you admire and not whose e-penis is bigger ok

You know who you remind me of? You remind me of those noobies on b.net that think their really cool all the time :slight_smile: