What's the best Final Fantasy?

FF was the second RPG series to come out (I think) and DW was the first. FFIV took a while, so there were probably more than a few RPGs beforehand. “Classic” implies former standard. One other series doing it (and no one else since) does not fit the definition.

Originally posted by demigod
Would you have prefered a new “Favorite FF” thread?

Well, maybe an official stickied one, so we don’t have to keep making these threads. Or reviving them. Since this all just comes down to “OMG WOTZ TEH BEST FIANL FNATASY I THINK FF7 LOLZOLOLZZOZLOLZ” or something similar.

FFV… I must have missed this thread when it was new or something.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
[b]FFVII, 'cuz it’s storyline was so deep. FFIX is cool too.

FFVI is overhyped. [/b]

And FFVII wasn’t? It was way more hyped than FFVI.

And FF12 won’t use Roman numerals! :frowning:

FFI’s still my favorite. Ahhh, nostalgia.

Why won’t 12 use numerals? Thats no good!

Originally posted by Cala
FF12 won’t use Roman numerals! :frowning:
Let’s go bomb Square HQ

Originally posted by lord-of-shadow
[b]Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite…

And Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated game of all time. So there :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

I couldn’t agree more.

the best final fantasy to me would be Final Fantasy IV, great story, great love, great characters, i just loved it…i know many people don’t like this, but i personally love it…i just beat this a few years ago, and loved it, so yeah, FFIV :yipee:

:wave:

Final Fantasy 7 is the best game

Originally posted by chronicle 2
Final Fantasy 7 is the best game

Blasphemy! Everyone knows that there is none better than the original.

Final Fantasy VII, but only because I wouldn’t know about the whole series if it hadn’t been for that game.

Originally posted by demigod
Blasphemy! Everyone knows that there is none better than the original.
Sequels never measure up to the original.

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Sequels never measure up to the original.

That can be said for most cases, but maybe only because the majority is so used to playing (or watching, whatever the case) the first and when they’re exposed to something <i>similar</i>, some are turned off because it’s not what they’re expecting. Take for instance a FF7 sequel. It would be bad, in my opinion, because I’m so used to playing the first FF7. I’m initially expecting the sequel to hold close roots to the original, but I know that if they do that, it would just be a FF7 clone. But I still dislike it anyway because I haven’t given myself enough time to adapt to the newly presented but similar material in the second.

Though some sequels, a small majority are quite great. Or a prequel in the rare instance (lufia 2)

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]That can be said for most cases, but maybe only because the majority is so used to playing (or watching, whatever the case) the first and when they’re exposed to something <i>similar</i>, some are turned off because it’s not what they’re expecting. Take for instance a FF7 sequel. It would be bad, in my opinion, because I’m so used to playing the first FF7. I’m initially expecting the sequel to hold close roots to the original, but I know that if they do that, it would just be a FF7 clone. But I still dislike it anyway because I haven’t given myself enough time to adapt to the newly presented but similar material in the second.

Though some sequels, a small majority are quite great. Or a prequel in the rare instance (lufia 2) [/b]
I was joking when I said that (about FF at least). FF is the series of sequels that aren’t sequels. That’s probably why FFVIII gets so trashed - FFVII fanboys, who have never played a FF before, expected FFVIII to be a FFVII sequel/clone.

Aww you bum I was hoping to engage in heated and intense debate. Damn me and my failure to recognize humour >_<

Heres The Order In Which I Like Them.

5,Mystic Quest(suprised its this high?:mwahaha: ),9,8,10,6,Chrono Trigger,Kingdom Hearts,Tactics,1,3,2,Chrono Chross,7.
I

7 while not a bad game(its a Final Fantasy),is most definitly the worst in the series.

:hahaha; :mwahaha:
:runaway:
:noway:

Just out of interest, why do you think 7’s the worst in the entire series?

HOW COME NO ONE HAS MENTIONED TACTICS!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Because Tactics is the shittiest game to ever be concieved by man.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Because Tactics is the shittiest game to ever be concieved by man.
Men can conceive?