What's the best Final Fantasy?

I say personally since I first played Final Fantasy 8 first which gave me the intrest in all 10 and so on includng chrono trigger and cross and pretty much every other squaresoft game so i think thatz da best what do u??:enguard:

coherency, man. it won’t kill you.

anyway…FF6 was the best to me…

Dear God, this is SOO overdone!

Anyway, I’m just gonna say FFV.

Ff8 jus becasue squall is teh h0tz0rzz

I’d say FF6 or 8.

ff9 is my best and im playin through ff6 at the moment. it’s amazing aswell. i also like 8 aswell though cuz that’s the first one i played.
Jono

It’s always been either 6 or 8 with me…

6 I’ve played since I was still a little FF-obsessed kid… and forever will the opera be my favorite part ^^’ I sing… what canna say?

8… wow… hot guys… awesome summons… more hot guys…

oddly enough I played FF8 before I played 7… I think that’s why 7 never held that luster that most people tend to hold for it.

ah but then again there’s 4… no matter how useless he was… I loved Edward… nostalgic

Hmmm…

Of the numbered games, I’d have to say either 6 or 7, but Tactics it really my favorite.

Final Fantasy VII. it had the best story line and the chocobo breeding was really nice idea.
FFVI was really good as well.

FFVII, 'cuz it’s storyline was so deep. FFIX is cool too.

FFVI is overhyped.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
FFVI is overhyped.

maybe so, but i still like it…

FF7

FFVI.

Final fantasy umm 6 but strange how the cartridge said 3 and was in english but is what everyone else sais is ff6 even though I’ve seen plenty of english ff2 and ff3 cartridges and nver seen a single ff4 or ff6 cartridge.

Originally posted by Videospirit
Final fantasy umm 6 but strange how the cartridge said 3 and was in english but is what everyone else sais is ff6 even though I’ve seen plenty of english ff2 and ff3 cartridges and nver seen a single ff4 or ff6 cartridge.

My guess is that nintendo felt that it would confuse people if they released FF1 followed by FF4. Luckily, when Sony took over the Final Fantasy series, they decided to be honest and call their first game FF7. Now all of the games are out on Playstation (with the proper numbers) except FF3.

I’m glad they did cause then I wondered…

wait… what in the hell happened to 4, 5 and 6???

I was rather ticked and thus forth went on the search for them… gladly… all that got worked out by now and I’m finally getting to play the original 2…

wonder if they’re going to bring out 3 sometime soon… hmm

FFVII was the best since the characters were cool.

Man, talk about overused…

I’d have to say FFVI or FFVII, though.

Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite…

And Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated game of all time. So there :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by CrystalRose460
[b]I’m glad they did cause then I wondered…

wait… what in the hell happened to 4, 5 and 6???

I was rather ticked and thus forth went on the search for them… gladly… all that got worked out by now and I’m finally getting to play the original 2…

wonder if they’re going to bring out 3 sometime soon… hmm [/b]

Well, so far Sony has been releasing all of the classic games in pairs:

Final Fantasy Anthology - FF5 & FF6
Final Fantasy Chronicles - FF4 & Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Origins - FF1 & FF2

So FF3 might come out eventually with another game, Maybe Mystic Quest.