What's the best Final Fantasy?

FF8 SUCKS! FFVI is the best.

:slight_smile: : Iā€™ma Sabin, number one!

VIII.

tired sigh Thereā€™s only so much ā€œFFVIII SUCKS!ā€ I can take . . .

Originally posted by LunarCry
[b]VIII.

tired sigh Thereā€™s only so much ā€œFFVIII SUCKS!ā€ I can take . . . [/b]

FF8 does have itā€™s good points. It has a good story, and has the the best payoff ending of any FF game so far, making it worth playing.

I think the reason why a lot of people hate FF8 is because of the Draw/Junction system, which is the most annoying battle system since, well, ever.

Originally posted by lord-of-shadow
[b]Final Fantasy 6 is my favoriteā€¦

And Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated game of all time. So there :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

I think what you meant to say was

"Final Fantasy 7 is my favoriteā€¦

And Final Fantasy 6 is the most overrated game of all time. So there :p"

That would be much more accurate.

And this is the second forum Iā€™m going to do this on today, so Iā€™ll just copy and paste from there.

Final Fantasy- released in Japan and America
Final Fantasy II- released in Japan
Final Fantasy III- released in Japan
Final Fantasy IV- released in Japan and America

Now you see, since this was the second FF released in America, this was called FFII so as not to create confusion.

Final Fantasy V- released in Japan
Final Fantasy VI- released in Japan and America

Ditto with FF3. When Final Fantasy VII was released, Square started leaving the same numbering as Japan.

Later, there were remake compilations that included a game that hadnā€™t come here. FF Anthology had 5 and 6 (5 hadnā€™t come out here before) and Origins had 1 and 2 (2 hadnā€™t come out here). So now the only one we are missing is FF3.

yo FF8 kicks a** so who ever says it sux has no spirit and just is into Final Fantasy for batlles and shit it alot more than people percieve it as.:noway:

i found Final Fantasy VIII a great game. and it had LOADS of side quest, way more than any other FF game

Username . . . Avatar . . . Signature image . . .

need I say more?

and no, FFVIII does NOT suck . . . ALL of the FFs are good in their own way.

you donā€™t need to say one wordā€¦ FFVII rocks and it is NOT overrated!!! i will destroy any one who says that!:enguard:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jenovaā€™s Witness
[b]I think what you meant to say was

"Final Fantasy 7 is my favoriteā€¦

And Final Fantasy 6 is the most overrated game of all time. So there :p"

That would be much more accurate.

:noway: sticks his tongue out at Jenovahā€™s witness

I can never decide between VI and IX for my favorite FF. Itā€™s so hard to to pick one between those twoā€¦

Now I can understand IX. It was giving VII a run for its money until the 3rd disk. But the only thing VI has going for it is that it has the video game equivelant of senile old folks backing it up. ā€œYou kids these days with your polygons and your non-simplistic storylines. Back in MY day, characters were square blobs, and stories didnā€™t require thought to figure out. HEY YOU! GET OFF MY LAWN!ā€

FFIX is great but 7 is much better.

since i like to dieā€¦ this goes to Jenovaā€™s Witnessā€¦ :moogle:Kukukuku

Dammit! Stupid worm. I just realized that my sig was changed when it happened. Iā€™ll have to change it.

Iā€™m not allowed to kill moogles in civilized forums, and now that the ToB is gone, I canā€™t really kill them at all.

Final Fantasy VI.

FFIV: Great music, awsome story of love, betrayal, and friendship. And the revival of the 4 fiends from FF1 (so they had different names, big deal). And the traditional RPG magic system where they learn the magic as they level up.

FFVIII: Good graphics, another good love story (and I love those love stories ^_^), friendship. Triple Triad r0x0rz, and the Junctioning system is unique but fun.

Those are my two favorite. Iā€™d say that my least favorite would have to be FFV. The storyline was good, but I hated that class system. FFIIIā€™s class system was a bit better I believe because you didnā€™t perminently learn the skills. Also keep in mind that I havenā€™t played FFIX or FFX.

here is my list of the 1st 8 from most favorite to least favorite

FFIV
FFVIII
FFIII
FFII
FFVI
FFVII
FFI
FFV

Final Fantasy 6

FFVII and FFVIII were the best in my opinion, I actually still play it sometimes if I have nothing to do, but i think they were awsome!!!

Cid, I knwo you donā€™t really have a problem with people necroposting here, but can I PLEASE rant him out?

Would you have prefered a new ā€œFavorite FFā€ thread?

Originally posted by Orakio
FFIV: Great music, awsome story of love, betrayal, and friendship. And the revival of the 4 fiends from FF1 (so they had different names, big deal). And the traditional RPG magic system where they learn the magic as they level up.
Traditional Magic System? Itā€™s the only one like that!

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Traditional Magic System? Itā€™s the only one like that!

Dragon Warrior, at least 1-4