What was the first anime you've seen

I dont remember exactly but i think it has to be or Transformers or Tekenman Blade and i like both of them a lot

Probably Saber Rider back when I was 4. It KICKED ASS. Unfortunately today almost nobody knows it anymore. Or Maja the bee (Maya no boken?) and Heidi ^^ Those 3 I think were the first anime ever brought in tv in Germany.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
Probably Saber Rider back when I was 4. It KICKED ASS. Unfortunately today almost nobody knows it anymore. Or Maja the bee (Maya no boken?) and Heidi ^^ Those 3 I think were the first anime ever brought in tv in Germany.

Heidi…i used to watch that in austria.

The first Anime I watched was Sailormoon…I was so into it back then. I got caught in the Pokemon craze for a while…these days as far as I’m concerned…it can burn!!!

These days my anime shows are Zoids and Beyblades. Though I think Zoids is slightly better, because it has more action…

Film: Blood; The Last Vampire
Series: Noir

1st anime? well, iam not sure if it counts, but mine was a series. was either battle of the planets or ulyyeses 31. my first true japanese anime was akira. and its still rated as my number one view

Vampire Hunter D was my first. Saw it on TBS one night and the promptly went to my local video store the next day and rented Fist of the North Star, Akira and Ninja Scroll as it was all they had =)

First series was DBZ. Currently watching Cowboy Beebop (Not the CN versions) and just finished Trigun (Again - not the CN Versions heh)

Voltron! THE REAL POWER RANGERS! And the first movie would be Vampire Hunter D on Sci-fi Channel back when they had saturday anime.

Just out of interest, and becaue I don’t want to make a new thread, has anyone here seen Flight of Dragons? If someone counts that as anime they it was my first.

Val: Don’t mention The Last [censored], it makes me nostalgic for when I was about six. Life was simple, homework non-existent, and the internet was string and paper cups…

Flight of the Dragons sounds Vaguely familiar. Could you describe it a bit…

It’s been centuries since I’ve seen it, but basically magical realm is threatened by evil wizard. good wizard asks fate/god/whatever to send him someone to help them. Fate/god/whatever sends human from our world (man of science, go figure). Man is confused by magic, man gets turned into dragon early on, things happen, evil is slain, friends and dragons fight and die, man triumphs over evil eventually, goes home. I skipped out shitloads of plot there, but that’s the gist of it.

I’ve seen it (I think) But up until like a week ago I didn’t even know that the last unicorn was an anime. I saw it way before any other animes…So that dragons one might be

When I had them I couldn’t ven have told you what an anime was

Depends of your definition of “Anime”. The word is NOTHING MORE than the japanese shortening of ANIMATION, so technically ANY cartoon can be considered Anime. However, arounds these parts we only consider Anime those animations that actually have a japanese cartoon style. In that sense, NO, neither Flight of Dragons nor The Last Unicorn can be considered Anime, especially since both are based on AMERICAN novels.

…You kids remember novels, don’t you…? :hahaha;

Oh, and both were GREAT, I recommend them. Just don’t expect anyone to go KAMEHAMEHA!! : )

MS1: YOU feel old??? (Points at age!)

:hahaha; :hahaha; :hahaha;

Ghost in the shell… no competitors, that anime is great… cant wait until I get my hands on Stand Alone Complex

Gunbuster, mmmyep.

I saw Kiki’s Delivery Service on Disney Channel when I was like 8 or 9. Two or three years later I saw the Princess Snake episode on DBZ on Toonami’s Midnight Run. I started watching DBZ and the other Animes that came on the same block at the time, which were Ronin Warriors, Tenchi, Sailor Moon, and Techi.

I don’t really recall, but I’d have to assume it was probably Speed Racer.

my first anime was transformers.The origional one not these new crap ones.Back in the days when the autobots turned into junk like microscopes and the bad guys were kick butt military vehicles.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
I don’t really recall, but I’d have to assume it was probably Speed Racer.

Speed Racer was an anime? I always thought it was american.