What was the first anime you've seen

Dragon Ball Z. So shameful. :fungah:

DBZ was the first one I saw, but I remember that the first one I really liked was Gundam Wing.

Originally posted by Swift Kid

There’s nothing shameful about it. A LOT of people watched DragonbalL Z first. It’s those that didn’t watch anything after it that are really shameful.

I’ve seen lots of Animes, so not really sure which I’ve seen first. But, it was probably either DBZ or Sailor Moon… :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Swift Kid

You think that’s shameful? My first anime was Pokémon!

Anyway, other early ones were Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, and Gundam Wing.

Sailor moon,but I had no clue what an anime was, or that is was an anime. So the first one I really watched an knew was an anime was galaxy Fraulien Yuna.

The Last Unicorn.

I was like…five. O_O

DBZ (but no longer), then Robotech (I wish I still had my tapes of it), then Gundam Wing (I need to beat my tapes out of a friend of mine soon). Now I watch most any that I can find, which generally means the ones on CN. In case you didn’t notice, I have a soft spot for mecha of all kinds, although SD Gundam may prove to be an exception.

My memory is rather foggy but it could have been: Captain Tsubasa (HORRIBLY dubbed as “Super Champions”), Saint Seiya or Robotech.

As embarrassing as it is, the first anime I saw was Pokemon. But that’s before it became really popular. Then I moved on to other things.

sailor moon was my first. and still my first.

I have had the luck of watching many animes dubbed into Spanish, since I live in Puerto Rico; most of them were better than the English versions.

My childhood memories are fading, but the oldest Anime series I recall seeing (back in the 70’s) was Adventures of Goku (No, NOT the same Goku from Dragonball! It was a different version of the Monkey King legend.) It was also a very wacky cartoon, more in common with looney tunes than true anime. But I liked it. Can hardly remember it, sadly…

The FIRST anime that I was a fan of, and that I remember perfectly (and KNEW that it was from Japan) was the Spanish version of MAZINGER Z, which was quite popular in Latino America. (I hear there was an American version named Tranzor Z, and that it was horribly edited.) In fact, a store here is selling the old episodes in VHS, and my best friend, who was also a Maz fan, is buying them for his son. The legacy continues!! : )

The Cyborg 009 Movie. I remember it vaguely, especially 004’s self-detonation to save the others.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
My memory is rather foggy but it could have been: Captain Tsubasa (HORRIBLY dubbed as “Super Champions”), Saint Seiya or Robotech.

You leave Super Champions alone ;.;

I think it was Smoon or DBZ tho.

Voltron.

Sailor Moon, when that horrible dub played like 7 to 8 years ago on tv in the morning.

Originally posted by Kor
You leave Super Champions alone ;.;

I didn’t mean it like that. I LOVE the anime, it rocked, but Magic just put it back a month ago and I just realized how much the dubbers stinked back then.

Vampire Hunter D. One of the best ways to start, dont ya think?

You people make me feel old.