What video game are you currently playing?

I was playing Persona 3 for a while, but got sidetracked by a strange schedule. Then I started playing Earthworm Jim HD and almost beat Earthworm Jim 2 last night. Man, those are the best games ever.

My thesis made it so I couldn’t participate in the SC2 beta, so I was trying pretty hard to learn the ropes to SC2 when it came out, in the little time I had left. Its been awkward and occasionally embarrassing, but I’m getting back into it.

With my thesis complete, I went to a conference at the end of August and I’m now on vacation until mid-September. I went through Puzzle Quest 2, which was a disappointment compared to its predecessor and I’m currently alternating between Dragon Quest IX and Ys 7, which are AWESOME. When I come back I’ll have to go through the DeathSpank sequel, Halo Reach and other XBLA goodies like the Lara Croft game. And more SC2.

I love fire emblem! There were 3 games on the gba:

Fire Emblem 6 - Sword of Seals
Fire Emblem 7 - The Blazing sword
Fire Emblem 8 - The Sacred Stones

NB: the names may be incorrect translations (but the main jist is right! :D)

7 was my most favourite because of the characters and 8 brought newer classes to the gba FE series (in particular the Summoner = meat shields! :smiley:

However, the last game I officially played was Escape from Monkey Island Nostalgiagood times!

I’ve gone from playing MW2 to playing Football Manager 2010. I am now officially a pikey. :frowning:

Still though, got Metroid today so can save some face. :slight_smile:

Been playing the 2nd Phoenix Wright. Currently doing the 2nd case there. Other than that, just alternating between DFO and Borderlands.

Been thinking about getting Valkyrie Profile 2, but not sure if I’ll have time to play it, depending on what happens next week.

I’ve been finding my current brush with MM to be much more difficult than before (namely due to the fact that I’m running a true minimalist run and there are fewer fairies floating around than I thought).

Also wrapping up MP2. Its a sad Metroid game when the Screw Attack is so thoroughly gimped than even when it does hit it doesn’t guarantee a one-hit kill. Its still an awesome upgrade though. Right now I’m in the Sky Temple trying to remember where the last three missile expansions are and the last Luminoth Lore is.

I’m over half way to my next revocation for my main character in DQIX. Trying to clear that one quest involving stealing a tonic from the grotto boss Atlas.

Also also brickwalled in FE on Chapter 13x in Hector Hard Mode. I will probably get it on my next attempt now that I’ve realized that reinforcements act as soon as they spawn meaning I really shouldn’t be on the offensive as much, but I’m going to hold off until I finish either one of the games above or the game below.

And finally EP in which I’ve made no progress lately if only due to the fact that I have to reset up my PS2 to play it (and I thought MM was going to take less time than this). Otherwise I’m at the final battle at the end of the third stratum in Ashley’s path.

A friend made me start playing Diablo 2 again.
Then he and his brother threw loads of good gear at me, so I can’t not play after that…
Well, it’s a decent distraction from losing very badly in Touhou all the time.
(Except for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. That’s just about the only Touhou game I’m good at.
It’s a fighting game, which I usually suck at. And since it is Touhou, it’s also a bullet hell game. Scary combination, but I guess two negatives makes a positive for me in this case.)

Otherwhise I’m replaying Tears to Tiara, because I really love the story, and checking out Eien no Aselia Kono Daichi no Hate de after I heard a recommendation for it. So far I’m not sure whether I like it or not.
I’m also thinking about restarting my Sengoku Rance game, after I got locked into the “exploding demon lord” bad ending due to poor planning. But that game is very… Special.

ehh purist style is way more fun in d2. unless you’ve never had good gear before heh

I picked up Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World used today after I finished Odin Sphere. I was far from blown away by the first game, but hey. Very little actually interesting me nowadays, which is a shame.

Don’t expect ToS 2 to have the depth of its predecessor. Friendly warning.

There is lots of stuff to play nowadays. What’re the platforms you own?

Yeah, I stupidly re-checked reviews of it AFTER buying it. Oh well, it was dirt cheap so I’ll give it a go at least.

I own a PS2 and a Wii which does limit my options a fair deal. I’ve been thinking of getting either a PS3 or a DS. The reason I got a Wii back in the day is that I don’t care a whit for cutting edge realistic graphics (I prefer a cartoony style) and of course the Nintendo classics on the virtual console.

I would definitely go for the DS. There is an insane amount of good shit to pick up for that

OH. MAN. Just when I thought I was getting used to AT2’s innuendos… along comes THIS wonderful fact: reyvateils, for some as-yet unexplained reason, must be injected with a liquid every three months or they’ll die. As if THAT wasn’t obvious enough by itself, the scene where it was done was full of comments like “I never did it before” and “it always hurts!”
Ka-THUD.:thud:

Look, I get it, this is a “fanservice” game that its this short of being an Eroge. But dammit can we get over that and focus on the story? Btw I’m only 16 hours in but that’s because I’ve been too busy to play every day… and because I’ve spent most of the time tracking down every conversation, synthesizable item, etc. there is as soon as it’s available. That’s the bad part of using a fan guide: since you know ahead everything you need to collect or do you tend to do it right away even if it slows down the story (well you do it if you’re as obsessive as I am.) :stuck_out_tongue: Even so the game does suffer from pacing problems: too many stops to talk with people when you’re supposedly running away from the enemy army. Oh, and Luca turning out to be the REAL chosen one? waaay too contrived. Not the idea itself, this is a fantasy rpg after all, but rather that all these interrelated characters met by pure chance.

However, I STILL like this game. I find the premise interesting and the whole concept of diving, even if it’s an allegory for sexual intimacy, is pretty interesting the way it is handled. This I will give the game: it knows how to make the characters interesting, and the dialog is pretty good (aside from sounding odd here and there.) so yeah, I WILL continue to play it, even if I dread what the next sexual allegory will be.

Wait, wait, you mean this is news to you? You never got the Diquility scene in AT1? That’s THE “Are you fucking kidding me” scene in the game.

Also, trust me, the ‘who is related to whom’ just gets more and more convoluted. One of the things that just irked me about Croix is how he fails completely to react at some of them that involve him very personally.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap!!!

Ephyon: Huh, that’s right, I had forgotten about the Diquility scene in the first Tonelico… probably because I didn’t want to think about it again. Seriously, what is the point of that, storywise, besides being yet another analogy for sex? At east “diving” leads to some pretty fun adventures and character development.

As for crazy relationships, as I said I expect them in fantasy… it’s just that the truth about who is the real Maiden would not have been found out if Croix hadn’t just happened to be the knight who ended up protecting Cloche AND hadn’t also just happened to be Luca’s boyfriend.And judging from those two amnesiac characters I just met, we’re in for more “revelations” later on.

And Guns? No matter how much you fap, you’re never going to fly, I’m sorry to tell you.
:hahaha;

Well, I’m leveling a sorc on the side for MF. Doing it a more purist style there.

Well, I’m seven hours into ToS:DotNW and I don’t think it’s as bad as the reviews said, though maybe we’ll get there later. Though it might help that I didn’t find ToS to be such a sweet game as everyone else seems to. Emil is a horrible, horrible whimp but Marta’s obsession with him is amusingly bizarre and I love Tenebrae’s sarcasm and the lack of respect he gets.

Oh, and Zelos just showed up. I probably wasn’t supposed to go “GAAAAH!”. Neither go “D:” at Colette.

Everyone goes “D:” at Colette. She’s just so… “D:”

Well, I was gonna get Valkyrie Profile 2, but the store that had it, didn’t anymore, so I settled for Makai Kingdom instead. I have to say, I’m kinda enjoying it so far. Can’t help but feel that some maps are literally deathtraps of sorts. (One sics a Lv100+ F.Ronin after ya while trying to kill a weaker enemy, and another has you surrounded by those Cat Kids all armed with crazy powerful Ball-and-Chains.)

Vehicles are sorta interesting to use. Granted, the only one I’ve had for now was the Gear Metal LEX. But enemy vehicles always seem to be a pain in the ass to kill, especially those with HP-absorbing attacks.