What video game are you currently playing?

If that is not a mobile tactical nuclear launching platform then I will be sorely disappointed.

That said, I’ve finished MP2 even though it only took me 26+ hours to do so (leaving me without seeing Samus in her Zero Suit anymore than I had too, thank god). Other than that, I’ve beaten the first post game plot boss since Lleviathan in DQIX and have leveled up a few more classes.

I’m playing Halo Reach… anybody else?

I’m getting Reach in the next day or so. Can’t wait!

OK, for my last few posts I’ve kinda been dissing Ar Tonelico II for its excessive innuendo.This might give the impression I’m not enjoying the game. Not true, though I must admit I enjoy the Diving sequences more than anything else (especially the combat system, which I find waaay unintuitive.) But this time (after finally getting to the major turning point) I’ve finally been brought back into the story… and I’m impressed.

Oh sure, I could see many of the revelations coming: of course Luca and Cloche were switched at birth; of course the I.P.D. plague was just a way to collect the Reyvateils; and of course Luca’s search for her little sister was going to end tragically (well, they were obvious to me anyway.) What I feared was that they would be handled poorly… and thankfully they weren’t. The pacing and the dialog finally came together well enough that I felt the reactions were effective; in particular Luca telling Croix that she was just using him to find her sister all along. (Cloche’s admission (to Croix) of how much it hurt to keep those secrets was also pretty good.) (Though I will admit that yeah, Croix should have reacted to these revelations a little more strongly. He is the most boring character in the game.) It’s the details that count.

Oh, in case you’re wondering whose ending I’m going to pursue, I’m going with Luca’s- for now. I made a separate file to continue from there with Cloche’s later. (And I suppose I’ll have to make a third when Jacqli joins later.) But I like the game enough that I see myself playing all of those. (Btw, total play time so far, 35 hours, but that’s with optional stuff thrown in.)

Oh yeah: What the Hell is the matter with the Reyvateil in Ranshek Resort? I can’t beat her and my characters doing THOUSANDS of damage points to her. Is she the infamous invincible boss (due to a game bug?)

No. Random I.P.D.s have wildly varying levels of difficulty. Check out what her rank is. Rank 8 and higher are the strongest enemies in the whole game, even counting the final boss. Maybe wait until you’ve got two Reyvateils and can do a decently charged Replakia/Synchronicity Chain, also try to get some lower leveled cured I.P.D.s to help you with the Guard. The Rank8+ I.P.D.s are really overpowered once you get them on your side and can “equip” them. The Guard++++ ones make it so that you almost always get Perfect Guard, which means null damage.

The bugged boss is Raki, a cyborg that looks like the Children of Light in AT1 (The one that was guarding/about to blow up the mechanism that was holding the continent). It’s a completely irrelevant character in this one, it just shows up once, says some stuff and then appears right before the end to give you a random mandatory boss fight while climbing your way to the final boss.

Seraph: Thanks, I did beat her, I just needed a better strategy it seems ( I HATE this game’s combat system; not only I can’t seem to get used to it, all the numbers and bars and words popping up on the screen distract me too much from enjoying the battles themselves. Bah!)

Oh, BIGGEST WTF MOMENT SO FAR: When Chancellor I’m-obviously-a-villain-but-no-ones-seems-to-notice pulls a gun on one of his subordinates and it turns out it contains a lollipop that he licks, then puts away. HUH? I don’t mind the humor but that came from nowhere (Big Lipped Alligator Moment?) Besides in a game so full of innuendo- no, I’d better not go down THAT train of thought! >_<

Chancellor Douchebag actually became my favorite character in the Cloche route, when he basically flat out voiced my exact thoughts on how retardedly illogical Croix was to pick that route given what he knew at the time.

I think you’re trying to handle the combat the wrong way. It’s mostly the game’s fault, seeing a show it explains ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and the interface is also really confusing (Seriously, can you tell where the hell the EX charge bar is supposed to be? I never found it), but it’s pretty simple once you learn what’s the point of the different directions. Just a heads up: the Vanguard’s damage output is completely ignorable save for EX attacks, their only functions are guarding and increasting Burst/Harmo/Synchro. Causing the flying words to appear is what you should be focusing on, not attacking.

It’s mostly the game’s fault, seeing a show it explains ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and the interface is also really confusing

Well, it does explain itself, there’s like a dozen tutorials in the menu, thing is the lettering of those is so small that I have trouble reading it (especially since I broke my glasses) so I rarely check them. Even then I keep forgetting things, like the fact that you CAN use more than one spell per fight (since one is usually enough.) The excessive technobabble doesn’t help either (there’s an in-game dictionary, but again, hard to read.) Ironically, one of the things I like about the game is the dialogue, and chasing down every bit of it. If it truly contains errors, I’d love to know what the original said.

Modern Warfare 2. No, seriously- I dropped the story mode a while back and just got back into it. Next up will probably be a full run-through of Flower, just for variety’s sake.

So I’ve finally gotten around to playing MP3. So far I’ve gotten five gameovers (two from the ice dude (although they were purposeful given the awesomeness of that fight and the fact that I thought I had missed a scan and entered dead man walking mode), one to some scrubs in Byyon’s jungles (apparently scrubs have their own hypermode too), another one on my way back into the jungle right outside the room adjoining a save station (apparently random scrubs with hypermode can kill you outright through corruption), and once more on the Leviathan’s Boss).

I should get back to playing MP3 so that I don’t accidentally forget that I stopped last night on 17 energy after a fuel gel bath and get my sixth game over (and thank god I came into that room with full energy otherwise I’d have added this to the paragraph above along with a comment on my stupidity of shooting one of those puffer like enemies at short range and right over a deep pool of fuel gel).

I am finally playing Pokemon Leaf Green version. Before, I had only beaten Blue, Red, Yellow and Gold. I ignored the Game Boy Advance generation and bought Diamond for Nintendo DS and played that quite a bit. I am still not finished. Since it had been a while since I played Diamond, I decided to start up and finish Leaf Green which I found on sale cheap (CIB player’s choice release without the wireless link adapter). I am near the end now and am just trying to level up the last couple in-game first gen Pokemon before I go after the last few legendaries & available second gen Pokemon and try beating the harder Elite Four & rival. I actually ran into the legendary dog and caught it with the master ball too. It appeared west of Celadon this time in the patch of grass above the Snorlax.

Haha it feels funny talking about Pokemon in detail like this. But hey just because I outgrew the cartoon doesn’t make the games any worse.

Hey, you don’t have to feel bad about liking Pokemon. :slight_smile: I’ve always been a fan of the first generation Pokemon and own the entire series (Kanto) I still play Sapphire (rarely) but the rest of the new ones don’t do it for me… I think they went a bit too far! lol.

More League of Legends.

Also doing a speed run of Tales of Symphonia so I can accumulate enough bonus GRADE and start a 10x EXP run through for kicks. I had started one years ago before the memory card it was on was stolen. I managed to clear everything on the second run with only 2x EXP and 500+ HP on Mania; definately juked the game up for me, but almost wanting something a bit more tougher in the end.

Thinking about starting a new game of Dragon Warrior 8. Played through it three or four times before and loved the progression and flow of the game. I don’t care if people say it’s too grindy.

I like Pokemon the game, not Pokemon the TV show. Collecting all monsters and kicking ass with them is always cool! (And I hear great things about the newest one, Pokemon Black & White too- starting with the fact you get to play teens instead of kids- and it’s set in NEW YORK!! (Sorta.) Can’t wait!!)

DQIX: Finally settled into my final classes and am now grinding legacy bosses. Ironically enough the first time I fought and beat Bramos in this game I ended up cleaning him out of everything of value. My party levels at the time were 80, 11, 11, & 11. Now I’m grinding weapon skills and for better maps.

I still think I should have sent them the picture of my character, Spiderkitty which was a grass/bug that looked like a spider with whiskers and a pumpkin stem coming out its head. I made it the year before Pokemon even was announced in the united states when I tried to draw a pumpkin for Halloween, messed up and decided to play around with it:

After Pokeomn came out I made it an evolved form right away called Spi-thornkitty which made it grow thorns out of its stem and legs to increase its physical attacking power. Spi-thornkitty also had two more large fangs in addition to the three it already had. Funny stuff huh?

But can you imagine? Catching the over 100 or so Pokemon available in the game, then having to trade over 400 with Diamond version etc just to get the rest? That’s a lot of back and forth unless they just decide to include most of them in Black & White. Either that or hope Action Replay puts one out for the 3DS.

Some actual Pokemons are far stranger than your Spider Kitty, Dog. I hear Black & White has one based on… Ice Cream. Yes, seriously.

Oh Btw, in B&W you start with all-new Pokemon, but I hear there’s an area where you can get all the Pokemons from all games (plus you can trade.)

Yeah I already thought the moon and sun pokemon from 3rd Gen were weird enough as it was, as well as the metal pokemon that just simply look like robots. I think as soon as I get Dragonite and Mewtwo I’m going to call it quits on Leaf Green for a while. I did all the main stuff and am not missing much and it’s starting to get boring after a while.

The next game I am probably going to end up playing is Sonic the Hedgehog 4 for Playstation 3. It gets released online on the 11th I think it was. By then I’ll be done screwing around with Pokemon and whatever else I decide to cram in there.

I also just started up a file on the Japanese version of Beyond the Beyond for PS1, even though I don’t know how to read the slightest bit of Japanese. Having beaten the game 10 times, I think I am ready for the challenge of doing the Japanese version with no cheats. All I have to do is memorize what lengths of characters each item means, as if I was looking at pictures and memorizing patterns. Almost all if not all things should be in the same locations except for the cool new advantage of selling equipped items like rings for free money and keeping them. Nice glitch to make me in-game rich.

Dead Rising 2 blows the first game out of the water. The hilarious things you can construct with duct tape just make this game so much more entertaining. A fair warning though, you will lose your temper if you try to complete the game on your first attempt. Dicking around makes it so much more rewarding.

I recently started playing Runes of Magic. I’ve been off my MMORPG kick for a while, but I was bored one day and this one popped up in google. I’ve heard of it before but I was too involved with 2Moons.