Trigun:Love and Peace

I really liked some of Trigun, and not some of it. Overall, 8.5-9.

I liked many of the characters, although found a couple of them (mostly knives and Meryl) to be slightly irritating in their cliche aspects. However, Nicholas Wolfwood is one of the best develpoed characters I have seen in any anime, ever. Seriously.

I’m kind of ‘meh’ about the art, it’s not bad, but sometimes, (the scene of Wolfwood smoking over Milly’s bed is a good example) it isn’t that great either.

The humour, while good, is my main complain. Many times, it just didn’t seem to fit. It struck me as awkward. I much preferred Cowboy Bebop’s integration of humour into the show, but that’s just my opinion.

I have mixed feelings about Trigun, an anime which I finished watching roughly a week ago. Namely, I loved the first half, and hated the second half.

I’m just gonna put everything under spoiler tags, because I don’t wanna have to worry so much about how I word my paragraphs.

The first half was so…so damn original. You’ve got this guy wandering around, Vash the Stampede…a legendary outlaw who’s famous for leveling whole towns and other such crap. As the story is narrated (mostly) through the perspectives of two ladies given the task of following him, he gives all kinds of mixed signals about his identity. He accomplishes dangerous tasks by making it look like sheer dumb luck, is completely nonconfrontational, ridiculous, loves kids…the list goes on. It’s amazing how this was pulled off. The music, while not as amazing as some other animes I’ve seen, is definitely good, and it grows on you after a while. One thing particularly stood out about the beginning that I liked: The action sequences. I normally do not like action sequences. I think I have this mental block where I can’t enjoy action sequences that involve superficially unrealistic things (Like giant robot battles, stuff with fighting vampires and stuff like that). While the premise of one man fighting against a ton of people is somewhat unrealistic, the fact that the WEIRDEST thing you see in the first half of the series is are a few peculiarly large villains is awesome. It’s almost all just a bunch of western showdown shootout-type action sequences. They were all so fucking amazing, and had me at the edge of my seat. I especially loved how Vash almost never fired his gun. It was amazing. Of course, the other great part about the story was is humour. I didn’t really like it at first (Like as in the first episode, lol), but it grew on me really quick. I was pretty hooked, and watched the first stretch really fast.

Phew. That sounds like it’s gonna be such a great anime, right? Nah…I was letdown again :stuck_out_tongue:

The second half was such typical anime. We start out with a very original story, and then throw in all this seriousness and gravity. Now it’s all about an angsty guy named Vash who only knows about tríste and how sad he is about everything, and tormented inside, and blaaa blaaaaa blaaaa. What was set up to by a very lighthearted anime becomes really upsetting and serious Almost no humour is there, and what little comic relief there is is so sparse, that it just feels so out of place that you don’t even laugh that much. The cool western showdown action is replaced by peculiar villains (that aren’t so peculiar in anime style stories), like a Sax player that kills people with his sax notes, some dorkwad who can manipulate people, a whole bunch of mutated freaks with absurd gadgets, and all kinds of shit. In the end, it was a very huge letdown. There wasn’t even a very nice feeling of closure in the end. It was like Vash killed (or did he just beat the living crap out of him? I don’t even know, that’s how fast it happened) Knives, and was like “Well, that was cool.” and left. Very upsetting, and if I wasn’t the kind of person who just HAS to finish what he starts, I probly would have stopped watching the anime at about the episode where Dominique came after Vash.

In the end, if I have to give it a rating of 10…I’ve give it a 5 of 10… perfect first half, awful, awful second half.

Im sorry i let u all downsob Im a faliure to all man kind. I have ruined the name of trigun and all that is good.sobs more. (reality) Im sorry i did a bad summary, i just got my dvds back, so ill watch all of them again and do a better one, well actually u see them and tell me what ur favorite episode is, or favorite sene( u have to go out and rent it or watch it on tv cuz its on the weekdays except on friday at 1:30 am i believe) And pierson i am really sorry it sucked. I hope u will forgive my horrible summary.

s’okay

such emotion, dont ya think.

Episode: Hard to pick. Lost July was pretty cool.
Scene: Wolfwood’s death

I thought wolfwoods death was sad, it made me cry.

Trigun…so may things to say about it…i loved the plot and the only things that i found not to like were it’s short length and the fact that wolfwood dies…he was my hero!! sobs, blows nose on computer screen anyways…the best episode was the one where Julius and Mor were running away from the caravan. best part was when wolfwood shot vash in the face w/ a rubber bullet.

lol that was funny

two words, or possibly three: Wolfwoods’ cross-gun. the greatest weapon in history

Spoiler that shit.

how do u spoiler? i never figured that out, and what does it benefit? cuz i dont know

It benefits people not getting shit spoiled for them, there’s a freaking button in the advance post reply window.

Because it’s entirely possible that there’s someone in this forum who hasn’t seen Trigun maybe and your post would spoile the end for them maybe?

Spoil tags:

[ spoiler]spoiler text goes here![/spoiler]

like that but without the gap at the start

Trigun (the anime) was made before the manga was finished. In fact, I don’t think the manga is actually finished now. There were the original six Trigun manga (re-released in two compilation volumes), but then the publishers went under. Because they still had the rights to the name “Trigun”, Nightow continued the series under the name “Trigun Maximum” (it’s a direct continuation, not a sequel). As of Dec. 27, 2004, there were 11 volumes of Trigun Maximum out in Japan.

The two compilation volumes, and the first four volumes of Trigun Maximum have been released in English by Dark Horse Comics. Volume five is set for release on May 5th.

What me? Like Trigun? Whatever would give you that idea? :hahaha;

Its written all over u jade, lol al over u.

and thanks person and epico for telling me how to spoiler.

Trigun sucks

and so do u.

Charl, don’t come in here and be a random troll.

I completely agree with SG. The first half was awesome, the second half sucked.