Trigun:Love and Peace

Trigun was my first anime series and shall always hold a special place in my heart. tear

I meant he was forced to because otherwise Milly and… er… the other chick, I forget her name would die. Legato put Vash in a position where no matter what he did he would lose. Either let the innocent suffer, or break his promise to Rem.

Trigun is probably my favorite anime. EVER. The characters were deep (enough) and the action was satisfying. It didn’t really make you ask those questions (you know the ones) as is the wont of many other anime series, but you really do feel for the people in it. Legato, I think, is one of the best anime villains ever. His making Vash decide between one or the other (read Pierson’s post) was brilliantly done. And the death of you-know-who was also beautiful. Heh, this thread made me change back to a Legato avatar from the Hellsing one I’ve used since I joined.

sorry for being vague and junk nightmare I meant “legato didnt force vash to shoot him(him being legato)” and yeah pierson thats what went down wasnt sure if thats what ya meant.

Thats ok. I love the fact that he took a oath, but he broke it because legato. That was legatos job, Knives his evil brother told legato to make Vash’s life a living hell really. It kinda stinks. He (Vash) saw inncocent people die and he killed legato which made it worst because as you said pierson it was either he kill legato or his friends dies, id do what vash did, id kill legato, but i wouldnt be as depressed as Vash was though. Vash was really sad that Wolfwood died, he couldnt even eat his donuts he was so sad. Thats why Vash had to do what Rem told him to do…Take care of Knives.

i always love watching the episode under a sky so blue(the last episode). I like the flash back. And the part where vash life is saved by the cross punisher(wolfwood’s cross gun) when he grabs it in the dirt and shoots knives, He remebered wolfwood saying grab the gun u twit. or somthing like that. Or its underneath u or somthing like that. But any way its a awesome episode, i encourage you to see it, i doesnt matter if u have not seen any of the other ones, it kinda tells the story where no toher episode did so, i recomend it.

Vash was my favorite character. But I loved Legato…he was an awesome villian. I wish there was more Trigun…very good series. I wish I could ride a Thomas…their actually cute in a strange way.

ya they are. it would be cool if they made another season, like milly had wolfwood child, i mean its possible, they stayed the night with each other that one day before he died. and vash a meryl could get married, and i dont know if knives died. Its either he died or he wont be walking for a while. And some how legato lives again to torture him, and legato is stronger than ever.

I definitely loved the whole anime.
…I cried during Wolfwood’s scene :frowning:

Same here, i didnt want him to die. He was cool. and the gun. It was fricken awesome. I hate legato.

You guys are not giving the girls thier due with all this Wolfwood this and Legato that. Milly and Marle (sp?) beside being the croniclers (sp again) are the total driving force behind the major story arc. Exsmple: that scene that you keep talking about, with Legato, wouldn’t have happened if the girls had not been following Vash around for all those months; and without that push, Vash wouldn’t have gone after Knives, he would have just continued running all around the planet destroying things as he went. (not enterly his fault, but they don’t call hi the humanoid typhoon for nothing) Long post short, Marle, in my opinion, is the protagonist.
Protagonist: character who undergoes the most change.

True, do have a point there. I just think milly is like the goof of the show, meryl is the short aggressive girl. wolfwood is the odd priest( by odd i mean he smokes and kills people, thats odd for priests.) Vash the main character funny , but emotional. Knives the crazy freak who likes to kill humans and whoever gets in his way of it. Legato the twisted dude who likes to mess with peoples minds(kinda freaky). And that annoying cat who is in every single episode of trigun. And of course the gun ho guns, the renagades who kill people cuz they enjoy it.

I think Trigun was 100% awesome.It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it gave me indigestion.
I’d have to say that Vash is my favotite character.He was funny, cool, and when need be, serious as a heart attack.

Lables are bad, you… labler.

Anyway, what I mean is that you are simplyfing the characters too much. Though you’re fairly acurate and if you needed to give a 1 minute synopsis to someone unfamiliar with the series, go for it. What your not taking into acount is that good story telling is about characters who change as the story progresses. (We’ve been way too any argurments/disscussions about this IRL: Kraken Frame and I) But the main point that Frame has over and over is that flat characters, those who don’t change, are boring and uncompelling. Now I’m not saying that anyof the characters in Trigun are flat. They are abviously not, or everyone wouldn’t be raving about them, (though I doubt most of you have thought too much about why you like the character you do)… I don’t remember where I was really goingwith all this so I’ll skip to the point: Your labels only protray the characters in the begining of the series, they are compleatly different by the time the series ends, and if they’re dead when the series ends, I’m am obviously refering to when they leave; by whatever means that may be.

lables are not bad they describe somthing . N E ways, Wolfwood is my favorite, i probably already said it but ohh well ill say it again. He just rocks.

Labels are bad, as they describe something with a very narrow mindset. It’s possible to be both descriptive and efficent at the same time, you don’t have to fall back on to one-sided labels.

Well all i did was just descirbe the characters in the smallest way i could, i dont think its labeling really. If i didnt know them, then ya then im labeling, but i know they all.

well, I just watched the first couples episodes again. I have the dvds. And I have like just reconized a pattern. The first 10 episodes( the first disc) is like the funny one(as in funny sayings, facial expressions.) The next 8 or so episodes(the second disc I believe its episode11-19) describe things, like some of vash’s past along with a bit of wolfwoods. The last episodes( around 20-26) are the emotional ones. People die like no other in the last ones. Some of the main characters get killed off, such as wolfwood, legato, The gun ho guns(well, some of them) and a few more people. Now the last episode basically tells the whole story of vash and knives, and how they made it around on gunsmoke before july was destroyed. Well knives took one year to make a gun, and was mean and made vash wait until he was done making them. Thats when all hell broke loose.

does any body think i did a good job with sumarizin trigun. Tell me ur opinion please.

Well since you spoiled everything and were generally pretty inhoherent I’d say that’s a terrible summary.