Trigun:Love and Peace

Im not just trolling. It’s a horrible show, that is highly over rated. and way more popular than it should be.

You’re more popular then you should be

ICEBURN!!!

By-the-by, I’ve heard that the manga goes a lot further and even has another series called Trigun Maximum. Also, Wolfwood doesn’t die in it, afaik. ^^

As of volume 4 of Maximum he’s still kicking. :slight_smile:

The “Trigun” manga only goes as far as the 5th Moon incident, and “Trigun Maximum” isn’t another series, it’s just a name change for the same series, which continues on from the 5th Moon incident.

For more information on the manga, see reply #55 in this thread.

Thanks Jade. The manga sounds intriging… especially if we see more of sexy Wolfwood! :smiley:

No problem!

I find the art-style is a bit rougher than usual, and takes a little while to get used to, but the story itself is very good. There’s less filler, and more plot, and a lot more information on the Plants. Some things are exactly like the television series, and other things are completely different. It’s definitely worth checking out if you like the anime, though!

As for Wolfwood, I’m not sure if there’s “more” of him at this point, but like with everyone else, things are slightly different, and there’s a good chance from what I can see of him surviving (or at least surviving longer) because we haven’t seen the “previous” Chapel yet, and didn’t Wolfwood die fighting him? I’m pretty sure that was an Anime only character. Wolfwood, and Wolfwood alone holds the title of Chapel in the manga (at least as far as I’ve read).

I find the Maximum series to be a great sort of re-interpretation of the story the show made popular. Vash has a new look, Legato has a new, creepier look, the characters are well done, Knives seems a lot more powerful and dangerous than he did in the show… but my favorite part of the Maximum series is how well they did the Gung Ho Guns (or is it Gun Ho Guns? I don’t remember).

Some of them are so much more developed than in the anime it’s crazy. Ninelives for example turns out, instead of a robot, to be this horrible enormous being made up of nine smaller “lives.” Rai-Dei the Blade uses roller skates will skulls on them to travel around crazy fast. The action is great.

Like Dixon said, the art does take a bit of getting used to, but once you pick out the details everything just sort of settles into place.

ya, i just started to read the magna, and wow. So much different from the show on tv. It was really awesome, on the 2nd book, not the maximum series,kinves unleashed vash’s angel arm, and vash got out of knives contriling him, but he still shot it. The cool part was he riped his arm out of the angel arm, and with the gun looking all fruity, he shot through his own leg and got knives Vash rocks, but not as much as wolfwood

Hey, guess what, i just finally got the first trigun maximum, im so happy, ive been waiting for a while now. Man i love trigun.

I just found out there is like 11 or more mangas of trigun maximum. The thing i didnt like about the maximum is vash’s new suite, i mean it has tubes, what the heck. Now he looks stupid, i like the old one with all the bullet holes on the bottom of it. Wolfwood’s cross punisher is way cooler in the maximum mangas. The skull trigger just plain rocks.

I’d say cowboy bebop is overrated, just seems to give off the vibe of being too cool for itself(that probably makes no sense to anyonesigh). Cowboy bebop was a decent series for me, but i don’t love it like i do Trigun. Maybe it was cowboy bebop’s ending that made the series as a whole less enjoyable to me. It was a while before i finally had seen all the episodes of Cowboy bebop too. I don’t think i found it’s humor funny, slapstick/silly sort of humor is more enjoyable to me. Still trying to figure out why I don’t like it as much as others do. Sorry for the derailement, grr, I’m always doing that.

I wouldn’t say Vash is angsty really. Angst is a word that’s used too much around here. >_< I felt he was reacting reasonable for what happened: people whom he cared for that end up being killed and having to go against his beliefs in killing someone. Remember he’s been living for 130 years or more too always passing through place to place never staying long to connect with others because they might end up dying as well. Vash is my favorite character, thus I might hold him up as nearly the perfect character.

I felt really pained me when Vash woke up and after Meryl left he just screamed, might have cried then. It’s not common for me to be affected like that to any kind of entertainment.

Trigun is my favorite series to date also, being a 8 to 9 out of 10 rating for me. The music is definately nothing i’d heard of from an anime, but it does fit the series. I love scattered rain, zero hour, and sound life. In the manga the action parts left me confused, as i wasn’t sure what happened. So far i have trigun 1, 2, maximum:1 and 2. It’s interesting to see what was left out of the anime, but i haven’t read more of the maximum yet so.

horrible? overrated? insert long string of obsenities apparently you got this mixed up with another show. Try watching the intro…maybe you’ll find you started watching another show. Trigun is my favorite in both anime and manga. The one thing i found wrong with it was the fact that Wolfwood died. That pissed me off to no end. in fact i very nearly cried. And it’s hard to get me to cry.

inserts random moogle :moogle:

I’m gonna close this because it got necroed after a month and isn’t really leading anywhere.