The return... before the departure

you can civilly wish someone well Rountree whether you believe them or not. It causes no harm to you and while it may not necessarily help the object, it certainly doesn’t hurt them.

Originally posted by Rountree
I really don’t get it. All of you suddenly changed your opinion when he came back? What about all of you who said he was obviously lying and stuff. Why were you saying negative things before? Because other people were?

My position hasn’t changed, but he has chosen departure, I just respect that choice…what good would it do now? He who runs away from accusations merely proves guilt.

Because Rountree. It doesn’t make any difference what we say now. We all have our opinions, and I think most everyone has finally (FUCKING FINALLY) figured out that even if you spend all your time proving someone right or wrong about something, the fact is it still happened. We’re not hurting anyone. I know that sounds like a silly thing to say, but if someone is content believing something, or believing in something, then let them be content, as long as it’s not causing harm to others.

Silly and depressing. The only reason I (and others) haven’t said much, SG, is because we chose to let this end quietly since this wasn’t the worst case scenario for Orakio’s return. If Chris Chris (or anyone for that matter) were to make another post like the one that was made earlier, things would definetly get steamier.

Originally posted by Merlin
you can civilly wish someone well Rountree whether you believe them or not. It causes no harm to you and while it may not necessarily help the object, it certainly doesn’t hurt them.

I am not against people wishing him well.

I am against those who were all like “yeah, he is a liar and this and that,” and then when he comes back- “heyyyyyyyyyy Orakio- sorry to see you leaving.”

EDIT: Sin- I’m confused as to what you are referring to.

The post was taken out of the forums to prevent bad things from happening.

Originally posted by Sinistral
The post was taken out of the forums to prevent bad things from happening.

Oh. That.

Before you just said “silly and depressing,” which wasn’t exactly clear.

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Take care of yourself.

For what it’s worth, I belive him, and I never said otherwise.

Take care Orakio, I hope that you will recover from you ailment and that you will be alright.

Later, Orak. Spending too much time on the computer is a health risk itself, though it’s nice to know that the Hideout’s not dead.:smiley:
I’ll check my e-mail now.

Best of luck to you. Later…

Well, I don’t know you that well, but good luck and I hope things work out (especially White Nova, if that’s still going!)

Volo te scire me capram magnam Mercurio sacraficavisse pro salute tuo celerius restituendo.

PS. Re vera, linguam Latinam vix cognovi. :slight_smile:

PPS. Convalsece velociter…?

Originally posted by Trillian
[b]Volo te scire me capram magnam Mercurio sacraficavisse pro salute tuo celerius restituendo.

PS. Re vera, linguam Latinam vix cognovi. :slight_smile:

PPS. Convalsece velociter…? [/b]

head explodes

I still have no real idea what happened, but anyways, good luck in whatever path you choose to pursue. This Blue Mage will miss ya. :confused:

She said (basically): “I want you to know that I sacrificed a great ewe to Mercury on behalf of your health for your speedier recovery.

P.S. Actually, I scarcely knew Latin.*

P.P.S. Get well quickly…?”

*Actually, cognoscere is used for acquaintance; you need scire. Furthermore, I think that you want to use the present tense, not the perfect, since you obviously still know some Latin.

Trillian: Si vis mecum Latine colloqui, in foro barbararum linguarum ‘filum’ novum velim creare, ubi ab alicui qui vult linguam Latinam dicatur. Postquam creatum ‘filum’ vetus a me defuit, volui novum creare.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Silly and depressing. The only reason I (and others) haven’t said much, SG, is because we chose to let this end quietly since this wasn’t the worst case scenario for Orakio’s return. If Chris Chris (or anyone for that matter) were to make another post like the one that was made earlier, things would definetly get steamier.

I agree. While I don’t know what Chris Chris said, nor do I really care, I’m playing the low road and just letting it slide. I know he’s full of shit, and whether every single person believes me or not is not my concern.

Why?! WHY?! Although I hardly knew you, I still say it should have happened to me instead… I deserve it, and I pratically have no life to return to…

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Why?! WHY?! Although I hardly knew you, I still say it should have happened to me instead… I deserve it, and I pratically have no life to return to…

sigh -_-