Super Smash Brothers : Melee!!

I don’t see whats so fun about wasting a life, unless its your opponents, then its fun!

Well, i played again today, and I kicked all of their asses. They tried Ice Climbers stage, Final Destination, Fourside, everything they could think of. and I kicked ass.

And for some reason, they seem to think that getting shrunk by a mushroom is bad. Why is that?

well, the people i play with see being small as a weakness…

It slows you down and you can’t jump as far/high or do as much damage.

Fun on mini-melee or whatever its called.

Val, when you are shrunk by the said poison mushroom, you are an easy target.

Not only your reach shrinks (Duh), but also your weight, wich means any strong attack up your face can kill you, even at 50%

Not only that, but you also deal less damage and receive more.

The Super Mushroom is the opposite of the Poison Mushrooms.
You get bigger, stronger, and can smash them all up :stuck_out_tongue:

heh, missed a page or two of posts (a bit tired) so just ignore this ^^;;

Yerah, but you’re also harder to hit. i use strafing-type attacks, and Kirby is a quick fighter in the first place, so have no problems doing as much damage as when I’m big. Then again, my upwards kick attack does come in handy…

…i can now guess that val has mastered every one of kirby’s fighting styles…

Well Val, keep in mind that many characters have wide-range attack that covers a good portion.
Like Marth and Roy. Sword swings are quite strong and cover a lot of area.
Lots of Smash Upward-A or Smash Doward-A have a wide range too.
So you can’t really expect to escape every attacks, especially when you’re tiny everyone running at you (here they do, at least).

So that why Poison mushrooms are bad.

And I’ll say that Kirby is a Medium-speed fighter…
He’s nothing compared to Fox, Shiek and Marth for speed :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the others are faster, I’ll give you that, but they still can’t seem to hit me. Marth and Roy, I just hit them with the Stone ability, and they’re taken care of. And for some reason, my upward-smash attacks seem to counter their downwards, and I respond a lot quicker than they do.

Anyway, the point is, I do my best when shrunk. I hate it when I’m invisible, though. Way too hard to keep track of myself.

Meh, I find hard to keep track of myself, not invisible and even with names, not sure why never really happened to me with SSB.

For my favorite character I tend to stwitch between Pikachu, Samus, and Fox.

My fighting style more or less sucks, which involves my rolling constantly around my enemy for no good reason and getting few attacks in and getting owned by any sword people because of thier good range.

I’ve only played SSB, and I really just play Samus.

I really can’t describe my fighting style, it’s not unlike Val’s “Let them kill each other off” style, but I like having lost of kills, so I tend to attack crowds. I use the charge shot a lot and love meteor smashing. Especally on an opponent on the ground and helpless. Can we say “Pop-Up”… more like dribbling actually. I can’t juggle for shit with Samus. mwehehehe

I’m fairly good with Captain Falcon, but I tend to ignore his B moves ('cept Up+B) and go for a lot of aerial combat.

my style? total melee (unless I’m using Samus like normal, when its melee, run away when damage high, missile until someone throws something at me)

although, I do find some strange/dastardly tactics work sometimes (confusion, then smack from behind… evil laugh)

then again, my style and character does change depending on the situation.

my favourite moment? in SSB, hitting MH with his own bullets (do not shoot Fox… or at least a decent Fox…)

and on that subject, anyone know how to get to fight Crazy Hand? I’ve done it once, but never again…

crazy hand? do you mean master hand?

Crazy Hand is the MasterHand’s counterpart.

Basicly, you need to clear Classic without a continue on Normal

thank you.

and yes, Crazy Hand is the other hand (the right, I think).

I could make a joke about a “right-hand man” but even I wouldn’t stoop that low…

Just in: stock of three or less too.

and I meant that Crazy Hand was the MH’s right hand man (Gah… I said I wouldn’t do that! look what you made me do!)

crazy hand should be the left one, then…

Pah, I could 0wn you all! Roy the pyromaniac, the awsome Ice Climbers, and the pwn Luigi! Bwahaha! Give me a Poke’ball or Hammar and the match is over. I am teh Melee mahstah!

…not if i have anything to say about it.

I’d like to see you try!