Super Smash Brothers : Melee!!

: Mr. Woohing Smilie says ‘Go Marth. Go sword guy. Go Young Link. Go little sword guy. Wooh!’.

I don’t use items a lot, mostly because I always fail at picking them up, but also because I always fail to hit someone with them. At least it’s made me relatively good at non-item fighing. Relatively good means I can beat sucky people.

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
[b]i only avoid one must use only that character’s abilities…

else, hammers rule. [/b]

I have NO idea as to what you just said.

sees what he typed, smashes head on computer desk

sorry, i just edited that post so’s it makes sense.

Ah, i understand now.

I don’t HAVE to use items, I’m good enough without them. But like I said, I’m a machiavellian fighter, and items help out a LOT in those instances.

Nah, I’m just good enough with about anyone to improvise so attack. Plus I usually don’t get too predictable since I just do whatever occurs to me.

i have about the same fighting style as val…

…and about the now-edited post, that’s what “hunger” sometimes does to people…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
…and about the now-edited post, that’s what “hunger” sometimes does to people…:slight_smile:

Hungry? Why wait? Grab a Snickers.

Speaking of which, I like how healing items weren’t so overpowered this time around. No full recovery for you, Mr. heart container.

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING!

…i like that.:slight_smile:

I use Gannondorf. Mostly just for his B attacks. And he is really strong. He is what actually got me the name Wizardmaster. Heh heh heh…

The funniest moment I remenber in SSB or SSBM is on safron City in SSB, my brother (as Kirby) piledrove someone of the edge of the map for the game. Both had only one life left. My brother survived…

:frowning:

I like Marth. He can roll and slash faster than most characters can keep up with. With counter, he may have the best defense in the game. It takes skill to roll and counter just right, but he’s untouchable if you master them. Combine that with good damage, and incredible range and speed, and he’s lethal.

He’s toughest to use when people team up on him. He doesn’t have many area moves to clear the board. Link has his spin-sword, Fox has his fiery blast-off thing; Marth has Down-A, if that even counts. Counter is nice, but it leaves you vulnerable unless it hits everyone. You have to rely on his mobility and guerilla-style fighting to get by when people team up against you.

Xwing1056

Originally posted by Xwing1056
[b]I like Marth. He can roll and slash faster than most characters can keep up with. With counter, he may have the best defense in the game. It takes skill to roll and counter just right, but he’s untouchable if you master them. Combine that with good damage, and incredible range and speed, and he’s lethal.

He’s toughest to use when people team up on him. He doesn’t have many area moves to clear the board. Link has his spin-sword, Fox has his fiery blast-off thing; Marth has Down-A, if that even counts. Counter is nice, but it leaves you vulnerable unless it hits everyone. You have to rely on his mobility and guerilla-style fighting to get by when people team up against you.

Xwing1056 [/b]

and this, children, is exactly why i use marth in ssbm.

And this also why I use Marth :stuck_out_tongue:
Altrought that smashing the C-Stick downward is faster than using Smash-Down-A :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve always found down+A to be faster…strange…

To the hand but not in game time
Cause using it with the A button will make you loose a fraction of second on charging.
While the C-Stick is direct.

Yews. Marth is the best and you guys can’t beat him!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!! cough cough:o :o :o

lil’ sis:um… excuse her… she’s a bit, akward right now…

Altrough that with Marth, I had a lot of difficulties to play against Sheik lately. She’s faster than Marth, and have some ranged attacks, not to mention the dodging

Too bad Marth have a longer reach. I let my sister run into me and when she’s close enough, smash down! :stuck_out_tongue:

whenever i have friends over and i play this with them, i use marth…

…and they ALWAYS fall victim to the common “counter”…

Cause I used Counter way too much times, now they always try to grab me… and its me who grab them :stuck_out_tongue:
Funny, really :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I only use Counters in the most appropriates moments, like if someone tries to juggle with me. Anything else, I prefer some good ol’ sword slash

I like hammers but they usually lead to me falling off a cliff.

that’s the fun part of it!:slight_smile: