So I ended up buying Kingdom Hearts.

Well, I’m on the final boss. : )

I must say, I did enjoy the game; mainly because of the battles. To me, the beginning on Destiny Island made way for an awesome gaming experience, but it was crushed the moment you get to Traverse Town. However, it picked up again in Neverland and onwards (Halloween Town as well).

Okay, I’m level 53 for Sora, 52 for Donald, and 54 for Goofy. I got here pretty easily; but I tried the final boss 2 levels before and when you fight him with Sora alone (the one with Ansem and that demon thing), I get raped 'cause he does that tackle move.

What level is reccomended?

I also tried to fight Sephiroth, but it appears I did 0 damage with all of my hits, including magic???

Level to 100

You DID do damage. he just has so much HP, it goes beyond how much they can show at first. After a while, you’ll notice you are doing damage to him.

I can’t really suggest what level to be at when you beat the game. Fighting wa sso much fun, I got to level 99 easily. For Sephiroth, though, I suggest around level 70. Make sure you got Curaga and Second Chance, and a whole lot of luck, is all i can say.

I tried him at level 86 and still got murdered. Even at top levels it’s hard because he has a move which instantly takes off all your HP and MP and then immediately he hits you = Game Over. There are ways around it but none of them are amazingly easy to pull off.

Hm… I’m now fighting that giant head on Ansem’s vessel. Any strategies?

edit; if I die in this fight, do I have to redo the whole thing?

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/ps2/kingdomhearts/platinum.shtml shameless plug …Level 50 should be high enough to beat the game. Higher levels are recommended for Sephiroth (80-100).

Thread over; I beat the game.

edit; where is this 3 hour CoM movie?

Did you fight the other optional bosses? It’s been so long since I played the first game - it’s still in my game box from when I moved over a year ago.

The only extra boss I didn’t fight was Phantom; it just seemed like a huge pain in the ass.

I attempted Sephiroth, but that’s it. :S

Sephy is easy compared to 2 : /, dodgeroll ftw.

The fight against Phantom is a lot less complicated than you may think. Once you are skilled enough to fast-select the right spell, dealing damage isn’t much of a problem and I think I only needed to cast Stop on the clock about three or four times.

At the very least it was shorter than… the arabian-sounding sword-wielding thingie in the desert whose name I forgot.

Could I ask for the location of “Phantom”? I don’t quite remember fighting it.

The clock tower in Neverland; talk to Wendy with Pan in your party.

Ah, never went back there I don’t believe. I might try that sometime.

Actually you need to talk to Tinkerbell, not Wendy; she’s right in the room with the save point and ladder.

I found Sephy to be much, much harder than in KH2, where there was a reasonable strategy to beat him at high levels.

I somehow managed to beat both Kurt Zisa and Phantom, but only once out of the three times I played. I never bothered the rest of them. The spoils aren’t that great. ^^;

Get a FAQ or ask here before trying seriously though. If you don’t do a few things during that fight, it’s impossible.

Yeah, but I’ve never been skilled enough to quickly select spells in KH. KH2 saved me with the shortcut keys. :smiley:
Kurt Zisa wasn’t too difficult for me, and I completely second Cid on the difficulty level for Sephiroth. Once I got my flow down in KH2, he wasn’t a problem at all, but for the original? Ugh. (I’m not devoting much time to discussing any Titans; they were easy peasy.)

Short cut keys as in?

I’ll PM you the link.

I’m glad you gave me the link. Hell, if I went right into KH2, I’d be confused as fuck. And damn, that was long.

It’s pretty neat how it moulded each storyline like Arc The Lad: Twilight~, 'cause it switched constantly between people.