So How Do You Guys Feel About.....

Oh, so that is what I was doing wrong, I thought you gained levels faster by dying. Sometimes you can’t help but dying, such as when a really strong moster spawns by your party in mid-battle. Also, some of those abilities you listed you don’t get for a good amount of time.

Nicely put infonick. Honestly, later on, some of the battles easily take 4+ minutes to finish. True, it may not have been the best team, but they do sometimes take that long. Also, those warp spells can take a long time to cast and when you are caught by surprise, there isn’t always enough time for your mages to cast warp 2 on everyone or those teleport spells.

How could we not party with mages? You’d never win without any curing magic. Obviously there are mages, and those parties who don’t have them, quickly learn it was a huge mistake.

Most whm I’ve seen at higher levels have the teleport spells, but there are sometimes those players who never get the crystals and it ends up being a mess at times.

“Don’t die”. Well, that’s not always possible as I’ve said before. It’d be great if it were that easy to never die, but every now and then, it happens.

I have one reason for my quitting of FFXI (which I loved, especially as a BRD- so sexy was I, I was such a natural at it too.) and it is self explanitory:

Fishing. Don’t do it. It ruined the game for me. =\ Which is really too bad, since I enjoyed the plot, loved partying (hence bardieness) and generally got into good to excellent parties. Sure making money was hard (fishing), it usually is in most MMOs. Hell, I remember my days in RO. Now that was hard money getting, a very poor system in comparision to FFXI.

:kissy:

That’s really for crafting mainly. Spells are also stronger on the day of their element and weaker on the opposite day. They have minor effects on everything else that makes it mostly inconsequential.

Couldn’t have said it better myself <3. If people don’t have these spells (especially Escape which is 3k- 3k is less than a stack of Fire Crystals. You can spend 10 minutes on a low level job getting that), then they’re a wasted slot in your party. Boot 'em. Plus the tele quests are really quite easy and are VERY solo-able. A level 25 White Mage or Red Mage can finish them all with no assistance.

That’s a problem with your camp. If you’re camping on a monster spawn point, you’re asking for problems like this. Move camp, and it doesn’t happen again. And yeah, those abilities don’t come out for a while, but it’s even easier to level and do everything else earlier. If you have a good party, no one should be dying anyways. Dai and I were having 6k/hr parties easily with no deaths.

Hooooly god, that’s a party set up issue. Monsters never, ever should take that long. I’ve been in 2 parties my entire time with that happening- they were awfully set up parties which I promptly left and found a better party. Also, if there’s a problem, your puller should be communicating with the rest of the party that there’s a link. That’s basic party dynamics there. Oh, and casting Warp 2 on everyone will just insure that people will die =/ Escape or a Teleport spell, though they take a while, is a sure way out.

It does invariably happen, but the party can take steps to ensure that it doesn’t. Everyone having up to date equipment, spells, and a knowledge of their job can save at least 90% of deaths from happening. Accidents will always happen. The difference between a normal party and a good party is that the good party can and will handle any problems appropriately with minimal, if any, casualties.

I miss you playing, Eden ;_; Yeah, Fishing is ungodly boring =/. I mine, do BCNMs, and do Garrison for my money. I may pick up Fishing now that they’re planning on overhauling the system to make it more interactive and less mind draining.

Lullaby’s available at 16, Sleep’s available at 20, Escape’s available at 29, Teles are available at 36. If you’re going to tell me 16 and 20 are “a good amount of time”, I don’t think you should be commenting on how fun or bad the game is, seeing how that’s still the tail end of the learning curve. If you can’t deal with links by either getting out killing them by that point, your party’s simply not functioning well.

If your BLM is using Warp II on you to get you out a jam, your BLM needs to be fired. They have escape. If you know that you should always play with mages and that escape/tele affect the whole party…why would you say:

You have many escape tools if you are a mage. True, you can buy scrolls and other things, but you don’t always have enough money, conquest points, or whatever to get all those things plus whatever else you may need with it.

A mage should keep up to date with their vital spells, and you only spend gil on spells.

I’m currently level 59, I’ve yet to have an exp battle take 4 minutes. Hell, I’ve yet to have an exp battle take more than 3.

Eben! They fixed fishing, whoo. Now it plays like Zelda 64, if you pull in the direction opposite the fish, its stamina lowers (it has a health bar), rods have additional properties to make picking one have more variety, and skill gauge is more accurate.

I simply don’t like all these people making blanket statements when they haven’t gotten very far in the game. Or when they were playing, they were just plain bad.

=o.

… =o.

Maybe… oh so tempting,

Yepyep. Less breakage, too. And now you have a “fish sense” that becomes more accurate with your skillups, and it lets you know if there’s fish in the pond and the likelihood of getting any you can catch. Skillups go twice as fast now, too.

I haven’t got to lvl 60 like you, but lvl 44 isn’t a very low level in my opinon. I have only said things about the game that annoy me, and have backed it up. You probably have more experience with MMORPG’s and have more patience with them. I’m trying to remember how long the battles took, but it’s been a while since I’ve played it so when I said 10 mins, that was way off. It was more around 4 minutes or less usually. True, we may have had some crappy mages. FFXI was my first, and probably my last since they take way too much time.

It doesn’t necessarily mean they are terrible players, just maybe had some crappy experiences.

No offense, but some of your statements have been way off. 10 minutes is an extremely long amount of time, and BLMs casting d2 on people anytime other than when a session is over or a person’s leaving should never happen.

And I’ve seen some of them on Phoenix. Some of these people were just bad.

No offense taken. I know it was off,( and I think that’s the only one that was) but I haven’t played the game since last June. But looking back, with my chi blast(or whatever it’s called) ability, I could sometimes only use it once per battle or sometimes twice. I do remember that. And if I remember right, you have to wait every 3 mins. to do it.

You are so screwed now, that’s like the most jinxing thing you can say. >>

;;
clings to Sohee ;
;

Ohhhh… If only that had been in the game when I made my Mithra THF… >_<

Heh, the only reason I didn’t like FFXI was waiting for parties. It’d easily be one of my favorite games if I had a static. I’d probably be playing it and WoW

Aww ;;
hugs ;
;

(Heehee, that was almost your 666th post too, that’d have been really weird >>)

It doesn’t always happen when camping, that was just one example that came to me immediately. There is also when you are just travelling and get a strong monster chasing you or accidentally link. Sometime you might leave your party to go back to a city and on the way you’ll pick up an enemy or two and they’ll kill you. The camping one witht he spawn is just one that happened to come to mind, but there are also isntances that I just mentioned, which can also happen from spawning as you are walking. Hell, I could have my party and just be metting up with them, and they could be in a battle to pass the time, and I accidently pick-up a bad guy that just spawned, he could kill either just me or all of us.

Then chocobo. That problem kinda disappears after level 20 unless people don’t understand the concept of Sneak+Invis.

That doesn’t solve all the problems I listed though, plus not every can learn those abilities.

Every class can by prism powder and sneak oil though.

You don’t have to use the sneak/invis magic. Silent Oils and Prism Powders have the same effect. If you’re going to say you can’t afford them- by the time you actually need to buy them to get to camp, there are going to be much bigger issues with your party than simply getting to camp if they can’t afford them.

Chocobos solve your town to town problem. As for going back to town, most of the areas you cross when you still have to walk back (pre-tele, pre-d2) either have enemies much weaker than you or are wide open.

<3

Exactly. What level did you even get to Info?