So How Do You Guys Feel About.....

Bah! They don’t have Tibia GP purchasing.

oh…so they sell gold for actual physical currency. i was thinking somehow that they sold gold in game for gold or something.

60-75 isn’t really a pain- the pain was doing stupid crap like Genkai I, II, and III. Also, how is end game dumb?

Kag :3
grope

Kag, are you 75 yet? How’s that one static working?

60-75 is more than half the game exp-wise, which my friend tells me is a pain. Particularily the “kill the stupid mob for 200 exp, only to be killed and lose 20 000 right after”.

Yay, Flint :3

Not 75 yet, 59 currently- Dai and I kinda split off from our original one since it just wasn’t working out. We’ve been easily averaging a level a week without any problems, currently taking a break and stuff to finish getting AF for the rest of our new set and get money for new equipment and the like.

Oh, I know 60-75 is a huge chunk; however, with a good party, you should never be having party wipe outs. The last time I was in a party wipe out was at 49 because another party linked together 4 bats in Garlaige which proceeded to kill them and then the other 4 parties leveling there, including ours. I can’t even remember the last time other than that I’ve had an actual death, let alone a party wipe out.

Oh, and unless the party is all home pointing, you should never, ever be losing too much exp.

This thread reminded me to cancel my FFXI account.

Thanks.

heh

I meant relatively, compared to the 1-60 stretch. Different formulas, more expensive gear, etc. And really, if you get down to it, most of endgame is camping mobs for multiple days to get gear that makes you better at killing those mobs. There are a bunch of cool quests but that’s it :stuck_out_tongue:

A level a WEEK? Holy CRAP.

I dunno, in WoW, I can’t even imagine not leveling once every play session, or gaining at least over half the XP.

If they made the game too easy, too quick to travel around in, or too focused on battles, then people who play it would get their gaming fix and end their subscription after a month.

Exactly. I’ve also heard that’s why a lot of people have already quit WoW- they get to level 60 really fast and then just stop.

We’re getting a level a week by playing usually one or two nights- we’re not trying all week to get the level. Our set party generally meets late Friday and Saturday nights to exp so yeah, a level a week isn’t too bad really.

Oh, and yeah the gear is more expensive, but for quite a few classes (like White Mage), the AF covers a good chunk of it. After I get my AF gloves this weekend, I really don’t have to get any new equipment, even up to 75. Noble’s Tunic would be nice, but that’s what HNMLSes are for.

And there’s a lot of end game stuff you’ve missed out on like all the rank, Zilart, and Chains missions. I don’t think anyone has even reached the end of the current Chains missions yet, and there’s still more coming. Not to mention at 75 you can still level other jobs if you feel so inclined.

I’m level 34 so I hope to fucking god I missed out on a lot of endgame content :stuck_out_tongue: Also, I’d like to retort your WHM AF bit by pointing out Raise 3 <_<

Starting over from (basically) scratch isn’t endgame content. Half of the missions you listed also aren’t endgame only. I dunno, I consider endgame 70-75, maybe we have different interpretations of it. Either way, I said there are a few cool quests/missions, but there really aren’t that much (again, 70-75) and a good chunk of them are just for getting items that makes you better at killing monsters like the one you had to kill to get said item :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not really a fault of FFXI though, it’s kinda hard to add content for after you “finish” a game.

There were good things about the game, but I have to agree with what a lot of people have already said.

It takes forever to gain levels and get a decent amount of money, especially as your character get higher up in levels. As you gain levels, you need more exp to get to the next level, that is expected and fine since usually your exp for the next level only goes up an extra 100 points or so per level. The problem is, the enemies don’t give you much more exp than they did 20 levels ago. It also can take forever to wait for a party to get decent exp, or when you get higher in levels, you pretty much can’t get any exp or not anything worthwhile unless you have a full party of 6. Then when you finally get a 6 person party, 10 mins later, someone has to leave and you have to wait again for someone else to join your party. Those monsters later on are some cheap Mutha-F*&%^ and you almost always need 6 people to kill them and get decent xp. Another thing is the checking system where you can check an enemy and it tells you whether it’s easy prey, too weak to be worthwhile, etc. As you gain higher levels, that system becomes totally inaccurate when you check an enemy that says easy prey, and you fight it, and you barely win with 30 hp left. That is not what I consider easy prey. It has some good quests, and story line stuff, but you gotta be really high levels later on for the later quests and they can be hard as hell. I don’t mind a good challenge, I just wish you didn’t always have to rely on a party of 6 to get things done. Especially when you have to wait around forever for people to join your party. I wish you could get things done going solo, or with fewer people, and they could adjust the stats of the game to still give it a good challenge compared to how many people are in your party, or if it is just you. Another thing is losing exp when you die. It’s not too bad at the beginning, but as you get higher levels, if you die, you lose like hundreds and thousands of exp which can take a while to get back since monsters later on take forever to kill and still give you about the same amount of xp as they gave you 25 levels ago. It also takes forever to get any kind of decent money and almost everything later on is super expensive. You can kill BCNM’s for rare items and get good money, but they are very hard and even if your party is smart enough and strong enough to beat them, you still sometimes lose. I don’t mind things taking a good amount of time to complete or accomplish, but it gets ridiculous later one. If square would change these aspects of the game, it would make the game much more enjoyable.

Every party that I’ve formed since 47 is capable of functioning as a 5 man party. If you take out anybody- ANYBODY, the rest can still exp. One person has to go afk for a few minutes to get a drink? Meh, everybody else’ll keep exping and pick up the slack. One of my parties kept exping for about 15 minutes while Kag (the WHITE MAGE) went afk.

The checking system just tells you their level range relative to yours and what exp you’ll get from beating them. Mob HP increases exponentially, so you shouldn’t try to solo them. It’s an MMORPG anyway, so it’d make sense that you should play with other people, doesn’t it?

From levels 4-50 (You don’t lose exp 1-3), the amount you lose is minimal. 800 exp max? A DECENT party makes 3k/hour, which you should find all the time after oh…35. You’ve lost 15-20 minutes in dying, and you shouldn’t be dying after that anyway because you have so many escape tools available to you at that point. Escape, teles, Sleep, Lullaby.

Endgame is 65+ when most of these things actually become open to you. Dynamis, in which 64 people can try to fight through unmapped areas to take on huge bosses at the end. Minor HNMs, Zilarts, rank 8+ are 65+. The CoP missions (currently) end at chapter 6- 60 cap, but in order to be prepared for it, your characters generally have to be above 60 because uh…good luck being prepared to beat an insanely difficult fight right when you hit 60. Those fights are HARD.

The game really opens up after 30-40 since that’s generally when job defining abilities come up (Meditate, Soul Eater, Flash, Utsusemi: Ni) and when people are more sure of how to play (generally). Most of the people that hate the game have the bad fortune to party with too many unskilled players, or they themselves just suck, which gets them denied from good parties.

We’re gonna do BCNM for Raise III or just go without it for a long time, TD. I don’t die, Kag doesn’t need Raise III.

Lanyx: Kag and I are still setting with Colm, but we’ve got a new set (PLD, WHM, WAR, SAM, BLM, RDM), and the one with Colm is NIN, THF, BLM, WHM.

Wow, level 47+ and you can function with 5 people, and one is afk. With 4 people? You can kill incredibly difficult enemies with 4 people at those levels? I wish I were in your group then.

We had one guy go afk, and we were okay with 5, but the party got pissed and booted him. Yes, I know it’s an MMORPG and the whole point is multi player, but at the same time, it’s no fun waiting forever to get enough people to do anything. Or at least waiting for a full 6.

Yes, people shouldn’t be dying at those levels, but shit happens doesn’t it? Whether someone in our party does something stupid, or another party brings in a chain of monsters, or a high level for some reason brings a lot of high level enemies through the layer, killing everyone, it still does happen even though it shouldn’t.

Well, yeah, you don’t lose exp for the first 3 levels, but big deal. That’s not very many levels anyway, and you don’t need much exp to get those levels anyway.

You have many escape tools if you are a mage. True, you can buy scrolls and other things, but you don’t always have enough money, conquest points, or whatever to get all those things plus whatever else you may need with it.

I’ve heard from others that you lose much more than a mere 800 xp at higher levels. 800 xp isn’t too bad, but still is time wasted when you have to regain all that back. With about 200-300 xp per battle, which usually take 10 mins or so, it can sometimes take almost an hour depending on how long you have to wait for another monster to spawn, or resting, or leaving the place because someone from another party dragged in something and screwed everyone over.

I never said I hated the game. There are just some things I don’t like about it, that’s all. I like many games, but hate/dislike certain aspects of them. For the most part, I have been in some pretty good parties, it’s just it is a very taxing game and it can get annoying.

the game is insanely well made, but I think It’s almost too well made. I have several friend who’s lives have been consumed by this game. I would love to get involved but I don’t have the time to invest. I like video games that wait for me, I don’t want one that’s going to pass me by if I don’t play for a week. :suckah:

The game, while good is just way too complex for my liking. It’s cool that the moon has phases and what not, but it gets seriously annoying that trivial things like the moon and day of the week and time of day affect almost everything you do to the extent that you don’t bother doing things at all because it’s just too much to take in to the equation. The game has good ideas but they are just horribly implemented. Craft skills are an awesome idea, but it’s so tedious and expensive to gain .1 points in it even on days that are better for it that I never really raised it. There should at least be some soloing option in the game too. Partying is fun and everything but at times I just want to play for myself rather than depend on 5 other people chosen at random unless I have a permanent party wich in turn basically negates the whole party and meet new people aspect. If partying was possible with people who are only decent and not require everyone to be elite to level at a decent rate it would be a lot better.

Honestly now, if you’re spending 10 minutes to kill a mob, you’re doing something very wrong. And make your own parties. I’ve been making my own parties since 28. Shit happens, that’s why you have insurance skills like Escape, Teleports, Sleep. What do you mean if you’re a mage? Teleports and Escape affect every party member in range. I sure hope you’re partying with mages. If they don’t have the scrolls, they’re gimp. Even one teleport scroll will get you out, and Dem costs like 10k, while escape costs something like 3k.

At my level, I lose 2k if I die. The solution? Don’t die. If I do die, Kag can always Raise II me, which returns 50% of what I lost.

BST is a very good solo class, by the way. And at crafting levels where you’re close to what you’re skilling on, the affects of the moon/day are trivial.

You can still get decent exp even with a party of people only decently equipped. It’s a very time consuming game, it’s true. But it’s also a really fun game if you’re willing to clear out blocks of time.