Posting Count

I’ve been on the board for a year now, and although i noticed it the first few days I was registered, I have been long curious as to WHY roleplayers do not get credit for their posts. I believe, that if your going to give people credit, give it to the roleplayers! They have talent and are working hard to write stories and bring creativity to the boards. Getting absolutely NO posting credit is completely ridiculous, and although i’ve never cared, outrageous. Why am I speaking out about it now? Because I have been thinking about it lately, and I can find NO reason to justify why roleplayers receive nothing at all for their work, when 500 of their posts are longer than 10,000 of any other person’s posts put together.

When roleplayers occasionaly DO post on the other boards, people see that they’ve only posted 10 or 15 times . . . that is completely ridiculous and laughable. I have been on this board, VERY actively for a year, and when I posted on the rpgc main forum one time, I got WELCOMES, even though I got welcomes when I first joined the board! Its mindbogglingly foolish. People look at your post count, and thats how they judge how active and how much you’ve done on the board.

I’m not really interested in lame arguements . . . i’d just like to hear what the administrators and moderators have to say . . . others’ opinions mean nearly nothing to me.

Sorry about this little rant and if I seem as though i’m having a temper tantrum . . . well, I suppose I am, its just that I see no justification for not counting roleplaying posts.

Post counts don’t matter. The roleplay forum matters less then post counts. Hope this helps.

What, post count matters?

If people say welcome, tell them to look at the join date. It ain’t hard.

Length of post is in no mean a measurement of quality or worth. Sometimes elaborating on a topic or discussion subject is good, sometimes a brief but precise reply is better.

Although i’ve never cared

Then why bother to bring it up at all?

While I understand your complaint, I see nothing that makes this a noteworthy issue. If you write stories, then post in the Media Forum. The Free RP forum was put as a no-count area to make it unappealing to post short uninspired things just for the sake of raising count. Besides, writing the story and having it read is reward enough without noticing an irrelevant number increment itself by one.

My e-penis is almost 662 times as large as yours.

I think that, whatever people say, it definitely does matter. I mean, people might say otherwise to be nice and polite, but you can tell the truth. Roleplay can really add some interesting spice to things, too. Hope this helps.

cless alvein unsheathes his sword. “prepare to do battle MIGHTY ONES” he yells and jumps into teh fray.

the*

kaseli walked through the giant piles of dead bodies on the bloodened battlefield. the glimmer of a sword catches his eye. the sole bright spot amoung the grand carnage. kaseli inspects the sturdy blade. “ma…ho”, he reads the description aloud.

“what is it sensei??” asks ramza, his squire, who ran up alongside kaseli when kaseli wasnt looking. “this sword is a very good sword. i knew the guy who used it”. kaseli looked around for a moment. “yep. here he is. cless alvein.” on the ground was cless, near the sword. he was dead.

“why must great men die in battle?” asked young ramza.

“that is the question your training must answer, ramza-kun”. kaseli looked solemnly across the battleground. “hope this helps.”

QFBA

Quick Question: Who the hell do you think you are?

You got welcomes because people hadn’t seen you outside the rp boards -which many people don’t check- and they said hi.

Yeah, sure.

But that has no relevance on why it should increment the <strike>e-peen</strike> post count.

Ok, I see that i’ve recieved nothing useful in comment, although thanks for the support Arac. You all with high post count have no idea . . . you can’t speak from our point of view. I’ve seen every roleplayer occasionaly question this post-count issue, and i’m speaking out for them. You can say post count doesn’t matter, but it certainly does, and what Arac says is true. Until you’ve been in our shoes, don’t say it doesn’t matter, thats just insult. Why do you think you have SO many inactive members? Alot of them have roleplayed for a long time and simply left the board. We like to interact with the board, but you know what? When the board doesn’t interact back . . . it gets dull. My last site, which was real roleplaying site and unfortunately lost the funding and is now attempting to rebuild itself, was MUCH bigger than this board, and guess where post count mattered? In support forums, tech forums, help forums, and oh yeah, ROLEPLAY forums. All else did not matter. Why? Because of the crap that people just post in general forums, and wow, general forums seem to be saturated with that. Don’t tell me that RPers don’t deserve PC unless you have a justification :wink:

I’m always hovering around all the other boards . . . i just find SO LITTLE of interest, of importance, to post in.

Rig pretty much answered the question. You got welcomes, despite posting here for a year since people didn’t recognize you. It wasn’t as much your post count. Besides post count isn’t everything, my count has been reset a couple of times and all that and has been moved through the different forums, but it really isn’t a big deal. Hell, I’ve been posting here longer than most of the staff, but I’m still a regular member with a medium post count. I don’t need a high post count to feel good about myself. If you actively post on the Role Playing forum, then those people know you and have their thoughts of you and you have your thing with them. If you post on the Role Playing forum a lot and then got welcomes, yeah I’d be a little upset too. However, you post in a different forum and people just didn’t recognize you.

I really don;t know how else to explain it but, this is a board with a bigger emphasis on Role Playing games than role playing. I used to be a roleplayer, I admit, and still am, though not here. Quite honestly, I never gave a damn about how post count doesn’t matter there. Before the RP forum, years ago, it was the Tower of babel, which was where the stupid shit went. Post counts didn’t matter there. I spent most of my time there, too, early on, although after awhile, you would start to notice that the crap that went on there was stupid. There were a few Forum RP sessions there, too, although now I wince when i think back about them. Sure, i met some friends there, but overall, I feel embarassed by them.

But really, personal experience matters little here. The plain and simple fact is, we never got so many Roleplayers here for a long time. It never really mattered that posts didn;t count. And at one time, I did think post count mattered, too, but after a while, you start to realize, no, it really, really doesn’t. And most of the “old guard”, the people who actrually run this site, don;t give a damn about Roleplayers, so it’s their choice, and theirs is all that matters in the end.

As a side note, that forum was a fucking Ghost Town for years. good Roleplayers rarely posted, newer posters were not very good at it… So it wasn;t posted in very often, and just became a forum that barely hung on, staying ehre only as a concession to the people who still wanted to do it sometimes.

I’m gonna have to give Val the award for best reply. That pretty much answers all the questions there ad gives the reasoning.

since when the fuck are post counts “credit” for “work” ( posts = work? o_O go work in a coal mine or something, see if you still care about a post count)

I had almost 5000 posts when they decided to reset the numbers last time, which means I actually have posted around 8700 times, not that far from our oh-so-precious-leader’s “record”. But I didn’t care then and I don’t care now. I’m more worried about having fun here, not comparing numbers.

As for RPing, yes it’s really odd how some people here have some strange, uppity attitude about it. They play Video Role Playing Games BUT if someone gasp! actually decides to make their own, they’re somehow inferior? OK, so it depends on the actual skill of the people involved, most of them won’t go beyond basic dungeon crawl stuff, but then you hear the “old Pros” complain about how the games they played are too “old school” (or not “old school”) enough. It’s just as silly as saying True Anime fans watch their Anime subbed, not dubbed, dammit! :hahaha; we all have fun our own way, OK? Let’s not look down on each other over something so trivial.

Besides having a large [STRIKE]e-peen[/STRIKE] post count isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Just take a look at Sin. He can’t even formally post anymore due to his oversized [STRIKE]wang[/STRIKE] count, and needs somebody to help carry his [STRIKE]Ancient Chinese Secret[/STRIKE] message for him whenever he wants to [STRIKE]spray[/STRIKE] say something.

It’s totally almost not worth it!:too bad:

I don’t understand how welcoming someone who hasn’t posted outside the RP board is so strange. If they haven’t posted there, then they’re still new and thusly deserve a welcome.

Lets be plain - you’re just sour because you don’t get recognition for having x number of posts and you want to be cool too. But you roleplay, so don’t hold your breath.