McDonald's

Does anyone have any opinions on A&W? They’re one of my favourites.

Learning how to cook a few really good dishes is one of the best things you can do for yourself in so many ways.

A&W is decent. I’m not a big fan of it, its another fast food joint. The only fast food joint that REALLY stands out for me is In n Out. God I miss it. I had one on my campus during undergrad.

McDonalds stuff tends to give me minor stomach pains when I eat it. But yes, the pies are yummy.

When it comes to fast food though, we just recently (read: last year) got a Subway in my town, which is my main alternative when I’m buying a meal. Though sometimes, a girl just have to get something not-healthy, which is when I go for pizza. Which in a way is better than Subway and hamburgers, because one pizza is good enough for two meals for me, so I get leftover snacks for the next day.

In-n-Out is GOOOD and they have decent shakes too. Which reminds me that the Easter special cadbury eggs McFlurry will come back soon. :smiley:

My area had an A&W/Long John Silvers combo restraunt. It was damn spiffy. Mushroom Melt burgers with hushpuppies and rootbeer in a frosted mug.

I love me some Subway, though. Can’t go wrong with Veggie Subs, since you can tell them to put as many veggies on that bitch as possible. I love mine with too many tomatoes and green peppers. Used to be spanich on that until the recall a few years ago pulled them from the stores. Pile some lite ranch and southwest sauce on it, and get a fork, 'cause that’s the only publically decent and acceptable way to eat that beast.

Oh, and Meatball/Steak subs are great if you’re feeling like a fatass. : P

If you guys are ever in Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, or Iowa, stop in at a Runza! I gaurantee they’ll have the best burgers you’ve ever had at a fast food place. The fries and onion rings are also pretty good, and I love runzas, but I’d say the burgers are way better.

I usually get a foot long chicken [STRIKE]breast[/STRIKE] patty subwhich with various cheeses, lettuce, and spinach on something like an Italian Herb bread and it tastes pretty good. (Thanks Jarod, for showing me that I too can lose 200+ lbs if I renounce my love of those evil video games, and sustain myself entirely on your product.)

I don’t know if it still exists but there used to be an A&W in these parts. Too bad I never really went there.

Originally Posted by Walhalla
Which reminds me that the Easter special cadbury eggs McFlurry will come back soon. :smiley:

Apparently you’ve never tried the Cadbury Eggs Breakfast Cereal. <.<

Originally Posted by Lanyx
If you guys are ever in Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, or Iowa, stop in at a Runza! I gaurantee they’ll have the best burgers you’ve ever had at a fast food place. The fries and onion rings are also pretty good, and I love runzas, but I’d say the burgers are way better.

No wonder nobody wants to live in those states. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fruitopia? Coca cola branded one of their drinks fruitopia once and were sued by a Greek writer who had a series of children’s books with the same name. Coke lost and discontinued, not before paying him some $$.

Also, pizza isn’t not-healthy. It’s a fine Italian tradition (and I’d pay some money for fine or not so fine Italian tradition right now).

:biggrin:Thank you, I’m not the only vegetarian around here. McD is really sick, I feel the need to puke just thinking about it. Haven’t any of you seen Super Size Me? They showed it to my class a few years ago, two words: mental scars.::dekar!::

Eh, my problem with Supersize Me is that of course exclusively eating The Very Worst Of The Worst for weeks on end is going to lead to health problems. And I’m given to understand that McD’s no longer serves Supersizes.

As for pizza – I’d say I’m something of a connoseur of pepperoni pizza, insofar as anyone who takes pizza seriously can spell “connoseur”. :wink:

The Problem with Supersize Me is that they had no control groups.

What they demonstrated: That if you eat only particular food from McDonald’s for extended periods of time, it fucks you up.

What they didn’t demonstrate: That binging on McDonald’s is any worse for you than binging on anything else. Eat nothing but Taco Bell for a month or two and I doubt you’d be feeling much better than the guy in Supersize Me.

And it’s not because the food is bad. It’s because you need a variety of different foods from different sources and lots of exercise to stay healthy. Especially if you’re downing what, 5000 calories per day, 2500 coming from fat that isn’t quite omega-3.

McDonald’s is good for you. As long as it’s not all you eat.

This is a better version of Supersize Me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbpuLpBQFU

I don’t like McFlurries because they’re just a knock off, and an inferior one at that, of the Dairy Queen Blizzard.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that. Peachy.

I dig in at McD’s on occasion, though it’s usually never my first chiuce. And I always get the same thing: Two cheeseburger value meal. No special way I like it, although I always take the burger apart, put fries in it, and reassemble it. Mmmm.

<3 @ GG and Hades. I do agree with 984 that the blizzard is better than the mcflurry.

bacon egg and cheese on a biscuit is the only reason to wake up before 11am

pies are ok but sometimes the place will cook them too long and the crust gets all dry and hard…its hit or miss

cheese tots from burger king are the shit though. try those sometime. they’re always way too hot though… like, cheese lava.

Yeah I like Blizzards more too. The Reese’s Pieces or Cookie Dough kind. Or Oreo. Good stuff.

Oreo Blizzards are classic. I’m so glad a Dairy Queen opened down the street from work…

Yes! Reese’s Pieces is my favorite. I remember going to some other place and their Reese’s blizzard (or however it was called) was made of Smarties pieces. I was so disappointed.

I like the Heath bar Blizzards actually. I mean, cookie dough and Reese’s Pieces are all good, but a Heath bar gives it a good crunch.