Matrix Revolutions is out

Originally posted by Astral
What! -_- You weird people. I just came from it (after standing in a line for 2 hrs to get in) and I think it was well worth it. There were no scenes where I was thinking “I wish this would end” (at one point it did drag on a bit, but the next scene made up for it.) I think that final fight scene was pretty powerful, and I just in general found the movie to be engrossing and emotional. Pretty light on the philosophical side, but I was kind of expecting that. I would say it’s an improvement from the second, but it had a different tone than reloaded. In general, one of the best action movies I’ve seen in awhile… (and it’s not “just” an action movie.)

Don’t worry - you are not the only one heh. I throrougly enjoyed it as well =)

Originally posted by Sinistral
man do I see how much I’ve diverged from the people in this environment.

Does that mean you LIKED it, Sin?

PS. I MIGHT go to see it tonight after all, if I can get a ride with one of my buddies (who is a big Matrix fan.)

One word, and PM me if you don’t want to even use Spoiler tags. Does it end with the Matrix destroyed?

I take it I shouldn’t see it… Oh well I didn’t see the 2 one.

Don’t get me wrong… I loved the movie from finish to before end :stuck_out_tongue: But I was still disappointed by all of it.

The ending was disappointing.

The first Matrix made its philosophical elements very obvious. There’s the Matrix itself, where people are living in an illusion; the blue and red pills to choose between the illusion and reality; the reality that seems dark, after spending a lifetime seeing illusions; and the return to the illusion, the Matrix, to free more people and bring them into the light. It’s straight out of Plato’s Allegory of the Cave.

The third Matrix is. . .far more subtle, at least in conveying its philosophy. [spoiler]What does it mean, that Smith was able to leave the Matrix? How exactly does Neo destroy all the Agent Smiths, by letting himself be taken over? Is this the Architect balancing the equation, or has Agent Smith taken over the Architecht? If that’s impossible, then is he really able to take over the Oracle? One balances the equation, and the other imbalances it; they exist on the same level, so if one can’t be taken over, the other probably can’t either. Maybe the Oracle isn’t really taken over, so that she still exists in the Source like the Architect. She did recover from losing her body once already. Does she cause Agent Smith to say, ‘Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo,’ when he has foreseen himself saying something else? It is a quote from her, and Smith never says ‘Neo’.

And, what is the Source?[/spoiler]

I only saw the first two Matrices (^_^) once apiece, but I’ll have to see this one again. There was too much for me to grasp it all completely in one viewing.

Xwing1056

Those are exactly the questions that needed answering and what disappointed me even further… oh well :\

Well, I think some of them can be answered if you think about them long enough. It’s gratifying when you figure out something like this.

Xwing1056

Having seen Reloaded but not Revolutions, I’m guessing the Source is the source code, or something. Oh, and having already been told twice, I don’t need any more PMs.

Yes lots of questions were still unanswered… but hey, I still like Revolution~

Originally posted by Xwing1056
[b]Well, I think some of them can be answered if you think about them long enough. It’s gratifying when you figure out something like this.

Xwing1056 [/b]

Some one pm me and tell me what happens…

Seeing it tonight. My RA is cool, he’s getting us cheap tickets.

So Neo isn’t the one? I did some reading… So the Kid is actually the one?

Its amazing that X-Wing and Sin agree on something…

I’ve been scaring myself a lot lately.

From the description the ASSHOLE MOVIE SPOILERS IN MY HOMEROOM gave the movie, it completely sucked.
I wouldn’t have seen it anyway, just saying >.>;;

I might see it this weekend. reloaded was not as good as the first but alright. Hopefully revoutions will be alright after hearing about it.

I’m just gonna watch it without expectation, and when it comes out on video, MST it no matter what.