Least Favorite Final Fantasy?

The only thing I have against VII is that I still can’t work out what Midgar looks like.

VIII is hard to get into but worth it.

I loved the twisting story of IV, but it was annoying to play.

I said V, because it takes ages to figure out where you are, the story is predictable, and I hated Faris@ accent.

THe sphere system on X is a thing of evil.

I dont know which one I hate most cus i’ve only played 2 of them and that was 1 and 2. Out of those 2 i dont know because I only played them for like 10 minutes a piece then I got bored and played something else. I have FF7 and I’m pretty sure its still in its plastic.

You are my new favourite person.

Why? I deal with the shoddy gameplay of FFIV just to get the awsome story. And have played FFT about 10+ times. The story is it’s strongest point but if you really hate the gameplay itself that much I can understand. Tactical games arent for everyone.

As for all the FFXI bashing: Final Fantasy is a popular franchise, just like StarWars and WarCraft. Just because square decided to invest into somthing that they thought (and were right) people would dig into and love, why bitch? The gameplay itself is great for an MMORPG, the story isnt too bad and is completely optional to follow. Its NOT your run of the mill Final Fantasy game because if they tried to make an MMORPG like that, it would be udder horse ass. Charging for play isnt a bad thing in the least, they cant afford to keep the servers clean of bugs and continually updating the files. The only MMORPG that I know of that is free (leagally, dont feed me that emulated Ragnarok crap) is called Guild Wars, which isnt even out yet.

Thats a fair statement, I didnt care for the battles untill I got multiple attack materia and things that made it semi-interesting. The story was cool, but too Cyber-Punk for my tastes.

Because the best Tactical RPG on the market to this date along with one of the best stories in the Final Fantasy series is horrible? Sure. I hated Tactics Advance though, Square better stop this “we like making kiddy shit for Nintendo” crap.

I say poody poo to any final fantasy with a theme of “Hello Angels, this is your mission.”… (X-2, cough cough)

FFTA was too childish even when it started to get serious, especially in comparison to FFT.

FFCC, Um, square took a good franchise and made an overly lighthearted game (even though it was fun) and coupled it with Nintendo’s evil marketing technique of “buy gameboy advances! Woody woo!”

Kingdom Hearts, I played all the way through it, I liked the gameplay, but it (like FFTA and FinalFantasy CC) was just too happy-go-lucky for me.

I like dark deep serious plots, which is why alot of D&D is my preference, as apposed to Final Fantasy. But in the mid-point, when Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, FFT, and other square games were pouring into our homes… I was pleased.

FF8 - I hated. I couldn’t stand the drawing - Draw, Draw, Draw, Attack

Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw for 50 hours

I chose two. Because it angered my greatly.

I think FFT has the best plot of any game I’ve ever played. Everyone is trying to screw everyone and you never know who is on who’s side. And I love tactic RPGs.

Exactly, Tactics’ story fucking owns, no questions. Although, I hear complaints all the time that it is too complicated, which to me says… some people are dumb.

Tactics was more involved than most other FF games, in the sense that you needed to think about what you were doing, it was time consuming in battles, and the story was very deep.

And I’ll repeat myself- Tactical games arent for everyone… lol

:open_mouth:

How can you people possibly hate FF1, FF4, FF6, and FFT? Those are the best ones! FF8 is the absolute worst, with FFX-2 and FFX running close seconds and thirds.

Hm…I could think of reasons people hate those games. For example, FFT the battles are way too long. Some people dont like that. In one leveling took forever, etc.

Still, FFT IS my favorite. No question.

The FF i most hate?It would have to be XI because i have no money,thats reason enough for me,as for all the other FF’s i liked them all,except 1 and 2 which i can’t seem to want to finish them.

For example, FFT the battles are way too long. Some people dont like that. In one leveling took forever, etc.

I wouldn’t want to see you play Front Mission 4 then,those battles would make FFT seem very fast still i liked them both very much.

Did you notice that another thing that started to change at FF6 was that you could uberize your characters. Like in FF4 Even the most tank like person wouldn’t get to 9999 hp and Rydia would only get like 2500. In FF6 you could have everybody casting ultima for 1mp and the final boss only had like 32,000 hp as opposed to the 100,000 Zeromus had. If you think Kefkas tougher because of his fallen angel (or whatever it’s called) Zeromus had big bang which did half to 3/4 of your hp and inflicted you with a poisen you can’t get rid of. You could also only heal your party for 1500 or so and only one person could do it.

My friend and I have discussed this and have come to a conclusion. If you seriously play an MMORPG and do it all the time, day in-day out, every day… You’ll save money.

You will be obsessed with FFXI like all the other people playing it right now, and wont need to spend money on other games. So which is more cost effective?

Paying 12 dollars a month, or buying at least 1 or more new games every month at 49.99 a pop?

Hmmm… 12 versus 50 or more…

Then again, if your not going to play FFXI hardcore, then it IS a waist of money to pay 12 dollars a month.

For me? I dont really even think about other games when I’m hooked on FFXI, but thats just me.

If you read my whole post (and my earlier post) you’d realize that i love that game and gameplay. I actually like Front Mission 4 ALOT.

You guys don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. None of you. I mean, you have a right to not like certain games, but your reasons are all superficial and false. Ask yourself why you ACTUALLY hate them before just listing off why each individual aspect of your “least favourite” sucks, as if you’re trying to convince anyone but yourselves that that’s the reason.

FFT does NOT have a deep story or a good plot. It’s actually extremely simple. Flashing back and forth between different time periods and giving 12 lines of description before each battle does NOT make a good story. I think you guys are confusing depth with the extremely poor presentation that made FFT confusing despite its shallow plot.

FF8 - I hated. I couldn’t stand the drawing - Draw, Draw, Draw, Attack

Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw, Draw for 50 hours
I’m not gonna sugar coat it. You’re extremely stupid if you played this way.

How can you people possibly hate FF1, FF4, FF6, and FFT? Those are the best ones!
No they’re not. I’m glad I don’t share your sickening nostalgia. If I did, it might prevent me from enjoying non-shit games.

I’ll post more later, I have to go now.

Wow hades, just wow…

But really, what is your fave then if your just gonna bash on everyone’s opinions? I mean, youve shown which ones you dont like, quite forcefully and angrily, so please, what DO you like?

And just cause it’s silly to say it has no depth, look at the following if you dont like the world set based around Ivalice or the events which took place in it… You may see there is more to it than you claimed as “shallow plot”

http://www.returnergames.com/worldbooks/fft/fft_ihistory.html

This of course, was written by a fan, however, pays very close attention to all the actual events that happened and/or were mentioned and referenced all throughout the game itself. For instance, alot of the discovery missions in the bars hint at all sorts of historical events in Ivalice History, this just puts it all togather in chronological order…

But really, where to you get “shallow” from in reference to the plot of Tactics? I’m really interested.

A detailed story description of any other recent FF would’ve been many times that, especially 7. Also notice you have a tiny, insufficient paragraph for each THOUSAND YEAR PERIOD. That is not a rich story. That’s a game trying to be LotR and failing.

My favourites are 7, 8, and 10. My least favourite is X-2.

And I didn’t mean to imply that 1, 4, 6, or T were shitty. I was just low on time and wanted to make my point as quickly and harshly as possible.

I’m tired of dealing with people who try to debate which FF is the worst when they can’t even properly analyze their OWN reasons for hating it. Re-read this thread with that in mind, and you’ll quickly see how pretentious it all is.

Where’s Final Fantasy MQ?

If I was suppose to nominate the worst, I couldn’t; But if I was supposed to nominate the one with the least positive points, it’d have to be FF2 or FFX. No offense.

And secondly; I sure do hope you’ve at the very least played the game(s) before bashing it(them).

I understand what you were getting at with your post, after looking over things again, however, certain things still dont make sense.
First off:

Final Fantasy Tactics only had ONE flashback period, and that was Chapter 1, I’m not sure how you can interpret a prolouge chapter as flashing back and fourth between different time periods, as it only “flashes back” to the “begining” where Ramza’s Father is on his death bed and continues from there. It’s meerely a way of showing that alot more has happened to Ramza and allowed the story teller to give you a more interesting plot hook at the actual begining of the game “Orbonne Monestary”. If you saw character interaction and progressive plot as 12 line descriptions then I’m sorry, you’re probably not going to enjoy any game with text that you play. Some of the battles, yes, started off with short plot bits but it still all falls togather well in the end. And as far as Extreemely Poor Presentation, I’m still stumped as to how you see this. Maybe this falls into that “I just wanted to make my point quickly and harshly” thing without thinking it through. I just feel left in the dark as you say you hate when people dont analyze a game before saying WHY they dont like it, and all I’ve found is hypocracy. This is only on my FFT argument, that comment about how so-and-so played FF8 is a good point.

I said it was written by a fan, I didnt expect a novel or a history book. Bare in mind that this was intended as a gaming aid for making a FFT RPG, like Dungeons and Dragons. So I think it works wonders.

So in short, yes, I think you’ve made some good points here and there in this thread, but over all it feels more like your just mad at people dissing on a game without good reason, then trying to counter it by bashing on a game that got praise. In this situation, the game getting praised was Final Fantasy Tactics, and you tried to formulate a reason but didnt think it through. Thats just my opinion on what happened. I dont want to start a fight, just say “Why?”.

Hades, people have certain rights. These rights include not liking games. While their reasons may not be enough for you, they are (at least most of them) decent reasons. Chill out man. You dont have to diss everyone for no freakin reason. People dont respect that. It ticks everyone off. Grow up.

According to you, FFT’s “Prologue” lasted for nearly half of the game. You start at the monastery, then flash back to Ramza as a Hokuten, then about a third to halfway through the game you’re back at the monastery. That whole thing was a flashback. I wasn’t talking about Ramza’s father dying.

And as far as Extreemely Poor Presentation, I’m still stumped as to how you see this. Maybe this falls into that “I just wanted to make my point quickly and harshly” thing without thinking it through. I just feel left in the dark as you say you hate when people dont analyze a game before saying WHY they dont like it, and all I’ve found is hypocracy.
The poor presentation was there and blatant. “Poor” is subjective, but denying that it’s presentation was inferior to, really, any other game ever, is just wishful thinking.

I never told people to analyze a game before insulting it. I told them the exact opposite: To shut up about the game and analyze themselves, so that they can give subjective reasons for their dislike instead of hopelessly repetitive superficial answers that simply don’t make sense.

So in short, yes, I think you’ve made some good points here and there in this thread, but over all it feels more like your just mad at people dissing on a game without good reason, then trying to counter it by bashing on a game that got praise. In this situation, the game getting praised was Final Fantasy Tactics, and you tried to formulate a reason but didnt think it through.
Wrong, I did think it through, and that’s why you can’t make a valid point in this conversation. You stumble over your own inability to understand the extremely simple message I’m trying to convey. Am I making my posts too hard to interpret or something?

Hades, people have certain rights. These rights include not liking games.
Which is exactly what I told them a few posts up…
While their reasons may not be enough for you, they are (at least most of them) decent reasons. Chill out man. You dont have to diss everyone for no freakin reason.
…in order to provoke intelligent criticism instead of blind insults, which is exactly what you’re telling me to do here.
People dont respect that. It ticks everyone off. Grow up.
I’ll grow up when you learn to actually read what I say before bitching and whining at me after I’ve pre-emptively agreed with all of your hypocritical bullshit, little boy. Think before you post such nonsense. PLEASE.