Harry Potter

Originally posted by Manus Dei
I can literally devour an entire collection in a few days, if I’m in the mood to read and if I have enough free time to stay calm.

Literally devouring something would mean actually eating it. Learn what the word “literal” means before using it. -_-

Also, an “entire collection” is quite vague. That could mean a collection of pages, books, chapters, ANYTHING. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know what I mean. I mean I can read an entire book collection in a few hours or days, in the right conditions.

…you still shouldn’t abuse the word “literal”, though…

I’ll get it eventually…probably for my birthday, which is why I’m holding off for now. My little brothers will probably want to chip in together, they have a hard time figuring out what to get me. Sweet little guys, heeee! I’m tempted to do the midnight thing, though, it sounds really fun.

Let’s not drop our pants and compare sizes boys. Knock it off with the “I’m better than you” crap.

i’m just saying that if this is true, i don’t think any normal person should be able to read that fast…

I’ll get it pretty soon, but I’ll have to make sure I’ve got the money first.

Originally posted by Rountree
Literally devouring something would mean actually eating it. Learn what the word “literal” means before using it. -_-

:hmm:My younger brother literally devoured a whole book (minus the cover) it was only about 10 pages long or something (one of those small childrens books) but still, you gotta be a bit mentally impared to do that, he was rather sick afterwards if I remember correctly…:o

Originally posted by SilverStorm
:hmm:My younger brother literally devoured a whole book (minus the cover) it was only about 10 pages long or something (one of those small childrens books) but still, you gotta be a bit mentally impared to do that, he was rather sick afterwards if I remember correctly…:o

don’t take this the wrong way, silver, but your brother has some serious issues…

I’ll most likely get it Saturday, if my bookstore doesn’t sell out.

I don’t know when I’m going to get it yet…
I’ll have to wait until it’s available in the store I usually visit.

i’ll probably get it when i can get to a bookstore…

I Have it planned out now, I’m going Friday night to Walden books to pick it up

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
don’t take this the wrong way, silver, but your brother has some serious issues…

Haha I don’t know why that just cracked me up

i made someone laugh without even trying…i must be talented…:slight_smile:

I can read the book in a pretty good time. The fourth took me longer though…

must get fifth book… note to self… get… fifth… book.

and to help you remember: get the fifth book.

get the fifth book. you have to, too, zhou yu.

i know, i know…

And I thought I was a fast reader for reading The Fellowship of the Ring in one day.

I agree with Zhou but fast reading isn’t so great, you can’t take time to enjoy and picture the scenes.

did those who read the books that fast read every word of every book?

must you keep trying?

I do want to get the book, but on the other hand I don’t want my legs gnawed off at the knees by rabid ten-year old fans of Harry Potter, so I’ll probably wait a while. Plenty of good fantasy novels came out in the past year when I was at school (doing very little frivolous reading), so that’ll keep me occupied.

i’ll not be seen in one of those mobs, either…i’ll wait a few days/week, or until the bookstores get more copies in…

casts anti-rabid child ward on zhou yu

I will too also wait a few weeks and maybe even months to get the 5th book but I will get it and read it, eventually.

As for speed reading I wouldn’t suggest it for pleasure material. It’s probably just me but I find I miss like half of the entire book and don’t know what’s going on too often.