Final Fantasy X-2

Not really, they all do well in each job. If you master them all, they can all do teh same things. By that sort fo defintion, FF7 and FF8 have very different characters. Also, in FF10, if you power up enough and spend enough time going around the grid, the characters lose individuality. it takes too long, which is why they are still very different. However, any differences become miniscul. All you say about FF7 and the characters being similar applies to FF5. just replace materia with job. In FF5, when you master each job, they get all the abilities, whcih correct me if I’m wrong…IS JUST LIKE FF7. Holy Shit!

Except in FF5 you couldn’t master a job once and let any character use it. You had to master it for all characters.

You’re still looking for differences in the wrong place though.

I liked ff6, since it had the most references to star wars in it

Actually, that’s at least part of the reason why I couldn’t stand FF7. Besides the fact that I really can’t stand the Materia system (I only dislike the Junction system more), it’s just all the hype that it gets. That makes me expect something totally fucking awesome when I boot up FF7. Like, I expect magnetic rays to come out of my monitor which spontaneously induce orgasm. But then I play it, and it’s, well, nice. Not really as fucking awesome as several years of listening to people made me believe. So I play along, get a bit cynical when observing several game elements, then finally get really annoyed at not getting what I wanted and stop playing.

It’s really too bad, since I do want to play through it for the story, but I just plain can’t stand the gameplay.

It had more than Biggs and Wedge?

P.S. For once I fully support Hadey in an argument. Yay Hadey.

Well, I like X-2. I gotta say though it is true that in story aspects its very weak in some areas. The battle system was nice, and the characters where a little shallow however. I personally didn’t see much character developement from any charact (apart from the Crimson Squad stuff) especially Yuna, she hasn’t changed much since X, some but not much. And the fact that we didn’t have Nobuo working on this one was a bummer.

So yeah, it is inferior to older FF’s but I still think it’s an enjoyable game.

There’s at least a difference in base stats in FF5 and X-2 that is enough to make a difference.

I’ve only read one page of this thread, and I don’t even know what you guys are arguing about, but I just had to point out that in FFX-2, if you have all three girls at the same level, with the same class, and no stat-boosting equipment, their stats are identical. I tried it, just to see if there were any differences, and there were none. So uh, yeah. Have fun with your little discussion! butts out

Yeah, Nessa’s exactly right. The girls may be more predisposed due to certain jobs due to how they act or their starting spheres, but there is literally 0 difference between them if you look at the stats. It doesn’t matter if they’re level 1 or 99, they’re identical in every way =P. FF5 at least had different max stats for the characters.

Atma Weapon= Lightsaber. That weapon owned, especially when you have two of 'em, a Genji Glove, and that other relic that lets you attack four times. Not many things can take 8 hits of 9999 from dual Atmas.

Too bad the only time you’ll ever have 2 Atmas is the very last battle after you steal it from one of the Statues which I’m willing to bet is just a rumor.

And just to let you know, you don’t need Atma/Illumina to do 79 992 damage. Cyan can do it with his two best swords at a high level, assuming you’ve raised his vigour enough with esper bonuses. He’s the only character who can.

I used a game genie to get two, didn’t think you could actually aquire 2 throughout normal gameplay.

You most likely can’t.

Actually, you can. There’s a Ragnarok to steal too, if you’re interested. You need to steal from the very last set of statues (the girl that heals with WHITE Wind and the guy who is partial to casting Merton).

Other little known steal; remember those bird things in the Phoenix Cave? (Aquila)
You can steal Economizers from them. Heck, it’s easier than beating up on a Brachosaur, I’d say.

Seen as I’ve only completed FFX-I (Not KO’d Dark Aeons) and FFX-2(96%). Due to Memory losses I haven’t completed the rest.

FF1: played once on NES (Emu), But Very familar Music, and themes. Did I Say I like Swords?

FF2j: Not played for long, no comment

FF3j: Not played :boring:

FF4: (SNES(Emu-Hard)) Played to Second world before loss. Quite hard. I pefer this to FF1 and FF5 battle and Gameplay. Jokeless exuding the “You Spoony Bard!!” line, and a couple of Bosses.

FF5: (SNES(Emu)) Job system can make it easy or hard. Just a bit of crossdressing here.

FF6: (SNES(Emu)/PSX) 2D ATB RPGs at it’s Best. I have 2 problems: PSX is too slow going in to battles and Snes got Biggs name wrong.
:ulty: :hahaha; :wave: :mwahaha:

FF7: Flower girl! I have to say that the Art makes her look wrong. (Prefres KH’s look) OK story. Matera systems is hinderence. (ie, Yuffie nicks stuff)

FF8: Good Graphics, Juction systems Nightmare to pull off corectly.

FF9: SNES wanna-be, Best PSX graphics , Pity i’v got it scrached before i can play to much. Nearly 1:30 before 1st Exp Battle.

FFX: A bit Slow to start off (2:00 and 1st AP). I would recomend this to any FF Beginner Due to the Learning Curve.

FFX-2: Has Massive Replay Value. (If you don’t mind your Memory Card filling up of Pupus, Cacturs and Moogles) I use the Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack battles can get boring.

FFMQ: Nice musics, Some thing wrong about this. Very short.

FFT & FFTA: Not Played

Big Nutter

Can you confirm that? I’ve heard two variations of that rumor. The one you just told me, and another that says to steal from Doom, or maybe Poltrgiest. Have you done either?

And I knew about the Aquila thing, but it’s never been any use to me because I get 4-5 economizers just maxing my characters in the dino forest. And nothing’s easier than beating up a bracho if you’re willing to exploit the vanish/doom trick. As long as he doesn’t open with Ultima you’ll get out of it pretty much unharmed.

FF7: Flower girl! I have say that the Art makes her look wrong. (Prefres KH’s look)
KH came after, therefor KH is the one that makes her look not right, because KH Aeris wasn’t the original design.

I would just like to say that I have never in my life witnessed one of these famous FF7 fanboys that everyone talks about, although I have seen countless incidents of people spewing venom about FF7 fanboys, and citing them as the reason the game sucks. A game should be enjoyed on its own merits: gameplay, story, characters, music, and yes even graphics. I know it’s hardcore/non-conformist to hate a game because masses of people like it, or if it has good graphics, but wouldn’t it be better to play through the whole game and dislike it because of defects in gameplay, translation, or whatever. Like the materia system, personally I liked it because of the element of strategy involved in having to decide which materia to equip. Some people like being able to turn their characters into unstoppable engines of destruction though, and the materia system makes this very difficult.

Hating a game is all well and good, but surely you can find a better reason than these phantom fanboys.

(And I’m not ranting at Cala, this just seemed to be a common thread :P)

Actually, not too long ago, I ran my own little test of this theory and another, and it is indeed true that you can steal the Ragnarok and the Atma weapon from the statue, as Dalton had stated. (However, throwing either one at Kefka at the end does NOT instantly kill him; the Ragnarok only even did about 7500 damage, and you can’t throw the Atma Weapon at all. Can’t say anything about the Illumina tho, as I did not have one.)

FFX-2 was a great game, but I liked FFX better.

Square must’ve realized that there’s more to a character than his class and skills, and that obsessing over battle commands and statistics is childish and silly.

Aside from the limit breaks your characters are all the exact same. FF7 is like the “for dummies” book series. It’s an RPG for dummies.

Storywise, it’s one of the first RPG’s that’s not for dummies. Maybe FFVI was the first with a plot that can be taken seriously, but FFVII’s was simply outstanding.

Xwing1056

KH came after, therefor KH is the one that makes her look not right, because KH Aeris wasn’t the original design.[/QUOTE]

I know she looks too tough in FF7, I hate the PAL ‘Border’, It’s is noiceable in FF6 & 7 on PSX. (FF4+5 are together and i haven’t bought it, FF6 was stand alone).

Big Nutter
‘The Man with a Machine Gun’ Nice Battle Tune.