FF VI - Levels

Still includes most of the later weapons. :slight_smile: And the Atma Weapon, no?

Btw, I’m avoiding “Killer” combos or spells- I prefer to use strategy rather than just blow the enemies away in one hit.

I agree with this statement fully and follow this ideology every time I play the game.

Other things I need help with: I want to get all of Strago’s Lores; last time I got nearly all of them (except the one you get from a Boss in Kefka’s tower) but I had to do so on The Veldt near the end of the game. I’d like to get them as quickly as possible this time. Is there a list somewhere that helps one know where to find each? And can Gau learn Rages from ALL enemies in the game, or is there a specific list somewhere?

Gau can learn the rages of any enemy that appears on the veldt, as far as I know. If it’s on the veldt, he can use Leap, and learn it.

As for Stragus, I could only suggest checking the shrine. I’ve never used him enough to know for sure where to get all of them.

Lastly, I’ve gotten 777 with my Setzer numerous times, but every time he does, it says “7-Flush” and does the Flash effect. When I get the gems, it does the same. “7-Flush” and the multicoloured bars of light shooting upward.

And I’ve never gotten Bar Bar 7 :stuck_out_tongue:

Wilf, have you fought the Intangir? Make sure to kill it at least once. Other than that I can’t think of anything.

Intangir? Don’t recall. Where is it? And why is it so special?

Triangle Island. He’s an invisible behemoth that gives you 10 AP every time you kill him.

He’s special because it’s the only place you’ll ever fight him except on the veldt after you beat him once. They’re all extinct in the World of Ruin except for (very rarely) on the veldt

In case you don’t know, Triangle Island is to the far east and a bit north of the map. There’s nothing noticeable about it besides the fact that it’s a triangle. The Intagir is an invisible monster that looks like a blue Behemont when revealed and gives a whooping 10 MP when killed.

EDIT: Even though they are almost gone in WoR, you can go to the desert south and a bit west of Maranda and get the same result by fighting Cactuars.

As for things you might need to do before you storm the Floating Continent… I’d say get some more Rages. It’ll make Gau a LOT more fun, trust me. You made sure to check the abandoned Imperial base for treasure, right? I tended to always almost forget that before I decided to just get it before leaving on the boat to Thamasa. Fight an Intangir at least once so it can show up on the Veldt. Get the rest of Mog’s Dances that you can - why put off for the post-apocalypse what you can do today?

Just curious, have you decided who you’re going to take to the Floating Continent?

Thanks, gang, I WILL go get the Intangir before I finish the WoB. That’s the kind of thing I wanted to make sure I did this time around. :slight_smile:

I had Gau learn a few more Rages went I went to the Serpent Trench, since I had to cross the Veldt anyway. And yeah, I plundered the Imperial Base, too- though I failed on getting a perfect score on the Imperial Banquet (I think I missed a soldier) and thus didn’t get the Charm Bangle. Oh well.

Mog can learn all his Dances (except Water Rondo) on the WoR, no? Then I’m in no hurry. I’d rather get Strago’s Lores first, since they’re harder to get. Luckly I found a guide to do just that at Gamefaqs- and several other helpful ones, too! But hey, I still appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

I’m using the characters in the order they join (and re-join) this time around (that’s another self-imposed rule) so right now I’m using: Terra, Locke, Strago and Relm. Hope that’s good enough for the Floating Continent!

Stragos’ Lore spells are hard to learn until you get to Kefka’s tower. The monster called Dark Force has almost all of the Lore spells, and are the only spells he uses.

Well, you only get to bring three to the continent anyway, so one of that party’s gotta be voted off.

Who is the WEAKEST LINK?

Um, you can’t get Pug. Supposedly, that’s because Pug is #256 on the list (FF) which is a reserved value for (no attack).
Also wasn’t there one other one, like ProtoArmor?
I’ve gotten all but 7 I think once.
Supposedly Chupon and Sigfried were there, but then again, that may be one of the many false rumors about this game. Also, wasn’t Allo Ver (some skeleton dinosaur that only appears from a treasure box in the WoR Cave in the Veldt) on of the rare ones?

Yes, diagonals can be replaced with their respective up and down direction, not left and right.

If he’s been collecting Strago’s lores, give Relm the boot.

And also because Square LOVES to screw us over with this monster while they laugh at our desire to manipulate their awesomeness. For those unaware, Pug is the name Ted “Never taken a Japanese class in my life” Woosley gave to the Tonberry, and once again we are left unable to use their skills just like FFTA’s Blue Mages can’t morph into them, Lulu’s weapons don’t include any Tonberry dolls and several other cases I can’t remember now.

Actually, Seraph, since I’m using the characters in the order the game gives them to me, I’ll have to keep BOTH Relm and Strago until the Continent is done. So I’ll have to boot either Terra or Locke. Probably Terra.

Btw, for those of you who don’t know, we FINALLY are given an explanation on just what the heck those Pug/Tonberries are, in FF 11.

Now… off to get some lores!! :slight_smile:

Pugs/tonberries are the cutest ittle things, and they are also some of the hardest monsters you face in almost any FF game. Especialy the ones in FFX.

The FFX Tonberries are easy as pie, just strike one for 9999 (Which is extremely easy to do with Tidus and Auron), let it kill you, revive, rinse and repeat and he’s done in 5 rounds or less. Get a weapon with Break Damage Limit and it’s a joke. The only strong Tonberry is the one in the Arena, but EVERYTHING is strong in the Arena.

Now FFVII, those were frightening. Just think of running into one during the battle minigame in Gold Saucer. I remember miming Omnislash over and over and the bastard kept coming towards me O_O

The Pugs in FFVI were always fun. Not the singular ones, but the three in the one chest?

I’d always kill them hoping to get the Minerva armor from it, and hate it if I failed. I ended up slaughtering them with an invisible reflected party that they couldn’t touch.

Ahh Carbunkle+Phantom

It was funny though when they tried to have a super pug in FF VI with the Pug Master in the chest under Figaro Castle… 1 turn, and it’s down! Haha.

• and everything I read said I got to have a good fight :frowning:

Ninten:cool:

FFVI is all too easy… :frowning: Even the hardest bosses in the game are a breeze now.

When I fought Kefka’s last 3 forms… It took literally less than 2 minutes… and I lost NO characters :frowning:

• haha! Some god he turned out to be!
    But if he was stronger than the Goddesses enough to take all their power, and I’m more powerful than him… does that mean I can make magic?! Like the original Goddesses?
    Ninten:cool:

I doubt it. You were borrowing the power of the espers, you didn’t have their power.

FAKE EDIT: w00t 800

And I hate how the system is aligned against me because I type fast. >:(

REAL EDIT: Master Belch!? :frowning: