FF VI - Levels

The Cure rod is Relm’s Best friend!! (Stago and Gogo can equip it too, but I always put it on her first) I beleve there are two.

BN
Allways on her, I have to add some Offence and Revive Materile on her, Just incase.

Blitz is easy once you figure out that any diagonal direction can be inputted by hitting up or down respective to what direction the diagonal is closer to.

Water Rondo can also be obtained by taking a raft ride.

Wil: Use the trick Epic mentioned and learn how to Blitz ASAP. Sabin’s Blitz is arguably the best skill in the game, perhaps only toppled by a Morphed Terra with the Gem Box.

Whatever limits work, eh? Next time I’m trying not using Espers at all and no level limit. If that goes well, WHICH IT WILL, I’ll try a level limit that’s reeeeeeeeeeeeeally low, like 30 or something, at the same time.

In the meantime, weapons that have special effects, that still counts in the most powerful swords. Ragnarok casts Flare and Illumina: Holy. Excalibur, also Holy. Scimitar, cleaves enemies. The list goes on. Most of the strongest weapons have special abilities. Maybe try the other way around? Only weapons without abilities?

Cid, Seraph, Magic is useless at the end of the game, save for Cure 3 and Life 2/3. 8)

Gem Box + Economizer + Ultima = pwnage. Hands down.

Offering+Genji Glove+2x Atma Weapon = Greater pwnage. 9999*8=79992 damage. There isn’t a single battle in the game that wouldn’t end after that kind of attack. (Save the Guardian in thw World of Balance, I think)

Even 1x Atma Weapon can still kick royal ass.

And you get it well before you can even start learning Ultima.

Except the damage is based on your current HP, and you probably won’t have 9999 HP back when you get it.

Even still, I had about … 1100 when I got the Atma, and that’s way before getting offering etc.

Ninten:cool:

A: Quick. Cure 3 + Attack, makes sure you have full HP for your attack. (And yes, I’m aware you usually get quick after Ultima)

B: Even way back then it’s almost as strong as any other weapon. And it’s power goes up rapidly. I started using it over other swords right after the Floating Continent, and it’s never let me down.

By the time you have about 2000 HP, it’ll consistently deal 4500 damage a hit at full power (With Offering). Still well over the needed amount of damage for most normal enemies and enough to severely injure most bosses. Considering it’s non-elemental and has a hit rate of 100%…

EDIT: W00t lucky seven… sort of

Where is Oden’s Castle again? It’s been pissing me off all day!
I can’t seem to remember… ?

In WoR, just have Figaro castle go back and forth under the sand until you hit something in the middle of the trip. Exit trough the prision (The same way you entered before) and you should be there. I might be mistaken but I think you need to have Terra first.

No need for Terra; just the airship, if that even.

Shinryu: Yes, but Wilfredo said he didn’t want to use the Fight command. :sunglasses:

Cid: I’m not using Spells either (or Lores) except against Bosses, to conserve MP. That means I do have to use Fight for some characters, but that’s OK since I want to see the SFX weapons in use. Thanks for the Relic suggestions, and yeah, the character-specific Relics will be kept by those characters. (Except Coin Toss, that wastes my GP, I use it only on Bosses).

BN: I’m indeed equipping the Heal Rod on Relm, that way I can use her to heal the party without spells or items. I have to keep remembering to equip it, however, since the Optimum Equipment feature keeps taking it off. (I also have to keep reequiping Atma Weapon.)

Epico: Up or down? I thought the shortcut was left or right? Mmm… maybe that’s why they aren’t working. Will have to try it.

Kei: Water Raft? You mean from the Returners’ hideout? I didn’t know you could do that more than once.

Shiryuu: Nah, I want to use equipment that LOOKS cool being used, specially the ones that do their effects randomly, so I never know when they’ll work. Makes all the random fights with the same enemies (and God, but are there a lot of those here!) a little more interesting!

Btw, I’m avoiding “Killer” combos or spells- I prefer to use strategy rather than just blow the enemies away in one hit.

Other things I need help with: I want to get all of Strago’s Lores; last time I got nearly all of them (except the one you get from a Boss in Kefka’s tower) but I had to do so on The Veldt near the end of the game. I’d like to get them as quickly as possible this time. Is there a list somewhere that helps one know where to find each? And can Gau learn Rages from ALL enemies in the game, or is there a specific list somewhere?

You people are forgetting the power of Setzer’s Slot machine. Yes, it is difficult to get anything but lagomorph and flush, but I have it down to where almost every time I use it, I get the three 7’s, which brings doom to the entire enemy party. Even works on some bosses if you get tired of the vanish/doom trick. Excellent if you like luck and random things.

Talking about “killer” combos, like Offering/Genji Glove/Atma Weapons, I’m using that now, and it’s doing shit all, even at full health! (6500HP on Edgar) Why would it do so little? Doesn’t it just copy current HP into damage?
I’ve found that instead of using that, I like using Sabin with the Tiger Fangs/Dragon Claws. They usually do about 2000 damage each hit, for 8 of course.
But what do you get for changing the Ultima into a Falchion? and further??

That’s cool for you Wil… try taking a jump off the Falls, then going back to South Figaro by boat. It’s so cool! So spy-like. n.n

As for Setzer’s slot machine… ah, I’ve never once pulled off a nice combo :frowning: I’ve hit the ‘777’ or ‘BarBarBar’, but always been killed instantly… like a hex! Otherwise, it could be helpful…

I have never ever EVER gotten, or even seen the 777 slot thing. :frowning: I’d like to see it, just once… I don’t think I’ve seen the birds (or whatever those gray things are) either, maybe once that I don’t remember. My luck = negative of a large number.

Yup, you can.

I think the shrine has a fairly complete list of the Lores (I just looked at it briefly yesterday to verify something before I posted; bet you can’t guess what!). As for the Rages, Gau can’t learn them from ALL enemies, but if the shrine doesn’t have a list, then I’d try GameFAQS. They have a LOT of FFVI stuff (algorithm FAQ? WHY?!?!?!), so it wouldn’t surprise me if someone on there was obsessive enough to obtain and make a list of all the possible Rages.

Just did the Serpent Trench again to teach Mog Water Rondo. I then went on a raft ride again, whee! (thanks Kei!) :slight_smile: Ok, I’m about to storm the Floating Continent, and as you people know, after that comes the World of Ruin. Lesse, it’s there ANYTHING I need to do in the World of Balance before I kiss it goodbye? I have Water Rondo, and both Auction House Espers, and all the treasure from all dungeons (including Castle Doma)… but I have the nagging suspicion I’m missing something. Any suggestions?

For those of you who are curious about my FF6 Replay Plan, here are the character setups:

(note: I didn’t pair characters and Espers together for any particular reason, just equipped them on whomever was available as soon as I got them.)

Terra: Uses Fight- Spells and Morph only against Bosses. Mastered Zoneseek and Phantom.
Locke: Uses Capture. Mastered Kirin and Bismark. Relics: Thief Glove, Sneak Ring.
Edgar: Uses Tools (mainly Noise Blaster -I love watching enemies get confused- Bio Blaster or Drill on Bosses.)
Sabin: Fight, since I can’t get all the Blitzes to work. -- Anyway, it’s too much button-mashing for random fights. I save them for Bosses.
Shadow: Fight, Throw on Bosses.
Celes: Runic, or Fight when not equipped with a sword. Not against Bosses, as I use spells on them. Mastering Siren.
Cyan: Swordtech, usually Dispatch- I save the others for Bosses. Mastered Ramuh and Shiva.
Gau: Rage, usually Brawler (cuz it’s at the top of the list! Plus I love that Stone attack) Esper: Stray, Unicorn. Relics: Black Belt, True Knight, and other automatic-action relics, makes the little Berserker a little more ususeful!) :slight_smile:
Setzer: Slot. I’ve gotten all Slot rolls except Lucky 7 and Joker Doom. Coin Toss on Bosses. Mastering Sraphim.
Mog: Dance, according to location, of course. Esper: Carbunkl. Relics: see Gau’s.
Strago: Fight, Lores on Bosses. Esper: Golem.
Relm: Sketch, and Control once I get it.
Umaro: Don’t have him yet. Fights by himself, so I’ll give him automatic-action Relics, until I get the Rage Ring and the Blizzard Orb. No Espers, of course.
(Have I told you about the time Umaro saved the game when I was playing the Nightmare Sequence? No, really! ^
^)
Gogo: (Again, when I get him) Mimic, but I’ll use his ability to copy Skills on Bosses, I prefer the freedom of choice. Cannot equip Espers.

I’ll update this list later!

Those grey birds on Setzer’s slots pretty much summon Bahamut. I did it on the two cranes leaving Vector the other day :slight_smile: