Dos Diablo! Fuego!

Yeah, I’m discovering exactly how awesome the Necro’s curses can be against practically everything corporeal.

Curses; I’m gonna get the pre-reqs for Lower Resist, mostly ignore the Skele route and concentrate on getting the skills for Iron/Fire. Not many points in Golem Mastery because, well, the benefits seem to get crappy kinda fast. In Poison/Bone I’m probaby just gonna use a few points on Bone Spear before I Clvl enough for Bone Spirit and Poison Nova. He’s gonna be more able to support others with the curses and minions, rather than go solo.

My necro build is getting Iron Maiden and Decrepify, Fire Golem and Revives, and Bone Spear/Spirit.

I’m still not sure how to spread out the points among Blood/Iron/Fire golems. Should I wait until I’m at the right level for Iron or should I shove a few points into Blood.

And God yeah, I totally forgot about Iron Maiden. I’ll be levelling that maybe to 10 points or so. It looks an amazing skill. Most of the Curses (with the exception of Iron Maiden and to a lesser extent Lower Resist) don’t seem to actually need levelling up that lot. All that gets better is radius and sometimes duration.

Wait for Iron or Fire. Both are good in their own ways, but they’re both much better than Blood. Little tip: Ethreal items are good to use to make Iron Golems.

All in all, it seems you ain’t doing too bad.

On a more personal note, I’ve been getting REALLY back into this lately…it had been so long since I played. I had forgotton how much I love this damn game!

I’m currently playing an Assasin. Double-claw, no traps. She’s coming along quite nicely. I got REALLY lucky wiith some Gambles early on…I got a total of THREE rare claws this game from gambling.

I had also forgotton how fast this game melts your time away…earlier yesterday I was on the last quest of Act 1 and now I’m in Kurast. :hahaha;

BTW, LOVE the sig, Piers.

My class of choice is Assassins. I love em, they’re fun.

New build:

1 Amplify Damage
1 Weaken
1 Terror
1 Decripify
10+ Iron Maiden
1 Life Tap
3+ Lower Resist
Other three = ?

1 Raise Skeleton
3 Skeleton Mastery
1 Skeletal Mage
3 Revive
1 Clay Golem
3 Golem Mastery
4 Summon Resistance
1 Blood Golem
7 Iron Golem
8 Fire Golem

1 Bone Teeth
3 Corpse Explosion
6 Bone Spear (mostly there to tide me over until Spirit becomes available)
8 Bone Spirit
2 Bone Armour
1 Poison Dagger
1 Poison Explosion
5 Poison Nova

77 points total.

I’m still not sure now useful some of them may be. Like, how much Summon Resistance, Poison Nova or how many points to get in Iron and Fire.

You’re spread too thin. Focus in either summons/curses or spells/curses.

And don’t put any more than 1 point into any golem. They don’t do your fighting for you, that’s the job of your curses/spells/revives/mercenary. Golems are merely giant damage sponges, and raising their skill level is next to useless. Instead, sink 5 points into Golem Mastery. 5 is a nice number because it doubles their HP exactly.

If you wanna focus in summons, get Corpse Explosion to level 5 and use that as your main offensive spell. If you wanna go spells, you’re gonna need to focus your points more. Choose either the Poison path or the Bone path. It’s impossible to do both and still be effective.

If you like Iron Golem, then you probobly want more than one point in him, at least, as Iron Golem gains a personal Thorns abbility at levels higher than 1.

After playing through most of Act 2 in one sit-through, I know I’m going to funnel points into Iron Maiden. God I love that curse.

Alrighty, I’m gonna be a… hmm… shit, I dunno. Lemme randomly choose.
Assassin it is.
Ladder…? Oh well, I’ll make her ladder.
Any suggestions? I’m probably gonna use the martial arts things.
Edit: Silly my, forgot my connection hates B.net. Seeya on FFXI :smiley:

Bastard. >:O

My best character is a Double-Claw, Trapless Assasin. If you’re focusing on Martial Arts, you’ll probobly want two claws. Pour a few points into Tiger Strike, that skill is useful throughout the whole game, but you’ll also want one or two in her Elemental charge-ups, which are quite good for crowd control. And this is kind of a “Duh”, but put a good number of 'em into Claw Mastery, too. Good claws can be hard to come by, and the Mastery helps a lot.

Are traps still useless? They were when I used to play. And giving an assassin a shield is pretty dumb, unless it’s + skills or something.

Traps aren’t useless. (At least, the later traps aren’t.) However, I prefer not to use them.

What do they do anyway? Are they like the ones in RO or something?

For most of them, you set down a trap and it shoots off fireballs or lightning bolts or some other spell. One of the best ones, Death Sentry, casts Corpse Explosion. A couple of them have other varied effects. One of them summons blades that rotate around you and damage nearby enemies.

So basically they’re like other classes’s abilities in a handy goody-bag? :smiley:

For some reason I can’t edit my previous post. :\

Just curious as to how everyone killed those three dudes on the top of Mt Whatsitsname, Act 5 Quest 5? I’m pretty sure I botched it up something rotten, even if I did kill them eventually. I learned one thing however;

Contricting Gas potions are our friends. :smiley:

You used throwing potions? I always thought them quite useless.

If you’re still playing a Necro, GET BACKUP. I hihgly doubt you can handle those guys alone.

Nonono, I handled them already. :smiley: My strategy was thus;

Buy a SHITLOAD of weapons. Ten should do it. Leave them all lying on the floor of the summit. Also try and get maybe two lots/50 or so Gas potions.

Hire your merc, go kill enemies and get all the skeles and revives you can and an iron golem.

Examine the book and begin the fight. The skeles and merc won’t last long but that won’t matter.

Now for the cheey part, stay the fuck out of the way and throw Gas potions at them, since they do about 98 per bomb. Let your golem take the damage and res him from the weapons you bought and left there. Even against these guys killing an Iron isn’t easy. Just make sure you run away from the guy with the throwing axes.

The only problem was I spent about 60k buying weps. :\ I was wondering how other people dd it., #cause mine was just a little expensive for me. ^^;;