Dos Diablo! Fuego!

Yeah, I can imagine that. I finally used Bone Shield + Teeth + 4 Skeles to take down Arwhateverhername was.

Someone find me a decent LoD bittorent tracker plz. >_>

You should try Corpse Explosion. A few points in that can work wonders.

I’m aiming for that after I get some more skeles and curses.

Here’s my build. I’m not finished it yet, mind.

20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeleton Mastery
1 Raise Mage
1 Clay Golem
1 Blood Golem
1 Iron Golem
6 Revive
1 Golem Mastery
2 Summon Resist

6 Teeth
15 Corpse Explosion

4 Amplify Damage
1 Dim Vision
1 Attract
1 Decrepify (Decrep)
1: Iron Maiden
1: Life Tap
1: Lower Resist
1: Bone Armour

With fifteen points left over for something, if my maths serves me right. Don’t know what those’re gonna be yet.

That’s going to be terrible. You need more points in a Golem of your choice (I prefer either the Blood Golem or the Fire Golem. Fire golem preferrably because when he dies he explodes, and causes a lot of damage to whatever killed him.)

Skeletons are cool, but you can’t rely on them like you can a golem, mainly because a Golem will, at level 1, have more health than a skeleton ever will, making them far more reliable than skeletons. Plus, later in the game, corpses become difficult to come by as you’ll have to use them over and over again to make more skeletons, and in Act 4 there are corpse eating monsters, so yea.

And furthermore, all your summons are completly worthless without good curses. Since I also just got the game again and also started a necro, I read up on what had changed since the patches. You’ll need more points in Decrepify, Iron Maiden and Life Tap (Amp. Damage is good, because Decrepify also includes Amplify Damage). Teeth is worthless, get Bone Spear/Spirit instead. Corpse Explosion is ok, but at least 6 or 7 of those points can go elsewhere, and you’ll basically have the same effect. (By the way, Corpse explosion hits everything, your minions included. It’s great for covering your tracks when you’re loosing though).

This is just a start. Talk to Hades about a good Summanacer build, he plays them a lot more than I do.

The only summon thing you should use is any kind of Golem. Skeletons are a waste of Skill Points.

You may also want to consider learning Bone Spear.

20 skeleton points? Nooo way. Skeletons are decent, but you shpould NEVER need more than a couple of points in 'em. Skeletal Mages are better anyway, but even then, just a couple. Bone Spear and Bone Spirit are nice to have, but don’t rely too much on 'em; Necro will never be able to dish out damage like the Sorceress can.

And you really don’t need more than 1 point in Amp Damage. It doesn’t get any more effective, it just gets a wider radius. And personaly, I don’t care much for Teeth.

Holy shit, people still play this? Well I haven’t played it in like a year since my LoD disc is fucked and I got absolutely everything out of the game.

Ok i got a lvl 75 necro with this build and im not haveing too much problems even in hell so i know its good :slight_smile:

you need to max: Skele warrior, Skele Mage, Skele Mastery and Summon Resist

put one point in amplify damage and the rest of the points in revive (im preety sure that will take up all the points then)

hope this helps :cool:

Yeah, see, this is why I made a thread. I went with Skeletons because, well, I love Skeletons. I also rely on lots of minions for Act 1 (still on it as well, damn that demon boss). Luckily I’m only within an hour or two of getting to that point again if I restart the character. I’ma wait until I can get LoD before getting back on multiplayer I think.

Pier, knock CE down to 5 points, put one in Fire Golem, and 5 in Golem Mastery, and you’ve got a build.

You can also lose most of those curses. What the hell do you need Lower Resist for if you only have 1 Mage? You can lose that and all of it’s pre-requisites.

And also Sorc, Iron golem has become TOTALLY awesome lately. It has only slightly less HP (and by slightly, I mean less than 100) than a Fire Golem now, and it has a thorns aura that not only looks badass, but works great, especially in conjunction with Amplify Damage (it’s like having Amp + Maiden simultaneously). And they sound cool when they walk.

You should still get a Fire Golem though, Pier. The explosive death is extremely useful in certain situations, like if your portal is swamped by tough monsters. I wouldn’t reccommend more than one point in any golem. The increase is less than worthless.

I’m no expert on summancers though :stuck_out_tongue: I’d still say skellies are kinda mleh though. Unles you completely twink yourself to have +15 All skills, they’re not gonna give you the kind of power you need in hell.

‘you need to max: Skele warrior, Skele Mage, Skele Mastery and Summon Resist’

Bullcrap you do.

I only put like, 2 points in Skele warrior, and my Necro turned out pretty damn good.

yeah, I’ve got some better (see; not crap) ideas on what I’m gonna invest in now I have the LoD ISO. Only thing is I need a genuine CD-Key to play over Bnet. Which I don’t have. Anyone have a spare? Like, someone who no-longer plays, since I’ve realised since messaging Hades how stupid it would be taking someone’s who still actually plays. ¬_¬

Where did you get the LoD ISO?

eDonkey. If you want get on IRC and I’ll send you it overnight.

Alright. Thanks.

Oh, and I’m kinda inept when it comes to shit like this, so I’ll need you to walk me through it eventually. Can I just mount it on a drive with Alcohol or what?

I’m not sure, but I think you can pirate a CD Key off Kazaa or something similar. (Just for the record, I own the game.)

BTW, does anyone here have a 1-Player 16-ish character that’d like to hook up with me sometime? Contact via AIM.

Actually, no, Alcohol won’t work properly. You need Daemon tools to emulate the SecuRom copy protection. You’ll aslo need an ISO or the original Play Disk (Disk 2), because it asks you for it during the install.
Also, if you want it to work on Bnet you’ll need a genuine CD-Key. Generated ones won’t work.

Anyway, I’ve put LoD, Daemon Tools, and a CD-Key generator (in case you don’t care about Bnet access) onto my fserv, as well as a Readme for making the damned thing work. I’ll leave my laptop on when I sleep and you can get it whenever.

Gil, I’m coming up to that level. I’m on the last quest of Act 1, in the catacombs. I’ve remade my Necro for Curse/Support rather than Skeles.

Excellente. You need a hand, you know how to get me. :cool:

Golem + 2 Skele + Amplify Damage = The Sweetness. I cruised through everything except named enemies using that. ^^

You think THAT’S sweet? Wait til you play a game with a Paladin that has Thorns. ^^