Dos Diablo! Fuego!

The Ancients atop high Mt. Areat. Just a tip, in multiplayer, save the nightmare and hell ancient fights for when you’re trying to gain levels, because in the higher levels it gets harder to pull that kind of expierence.

In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, in normal you get 2 million expierence for beating the ancient. In Nightmare I think it’s like 20 million and in Hell 40 million? Something like that.

That’s a lotta exp. 0_o How much does Diablo give?

What’s exp like in Nightmare and Hell anyway? Is it like Act 1 Nightmare monsters are equivalent to Act 2 Normal monsters or something? or do they just double their attack, HP, exp etc or what?

EDIT: Actually I’m not playing the single-player game at all. I’m going through it all first time in Multi-player. Way I see it, it saves time, tells me the story and unlocks the cinematics same as in SP-mode. :smiley:

Act1 NM monsters give you a lot more exp than Act5 normal monsters, and hell more than nm. It just keeps getting higher. There’s no system to it. After you beat normal mode you’ll find you can gain levels a lot faster though.

Well, as far as D2 goes as a whole, its a great game, but don’t lose a semester to it.

That being said, and my GPA still aching, the expansion is a must, and make ladder characters, more fun stuff there.

As far as xp and character ideas, listen to the cranky old men who sit in the chat rooms all day. They will end up giving you formula characters, but in the end, their advice works. Just be sure not to lose your identity as a player, and become just another “noob” hating minion of a greater evil that serves only to have more “leet” characters than the system can handle.

This “leet” overload will ultimately create a massive polarity on Battlenet. Once the polarity is achieved, natural law will kick in and attempt to restore balance by constantly crashing the system. Eventually the system will not revive, and in one momentous hour, every single D2 player will stand up and leave their computer desk. Help stop this from happening. Don’t say “leet” say it right, say it 1337.

I’m done… :thud:

Who are you and why are you spouting messages of doom? :stuck_out_tongue:

Baal = 0
Me = 1

I also got a Unique axe. ‘The Cheiftain’ or something. Any buyers? My so-far-and-probably-forevermore ignored Barb is a swordie.

I’ll take it…WAIT I CANT SINCE I GAVE YOU MY CD-KEY:P

I’ve got an axe barb…what’re the requirements?

I haven’t played D2 for a year… My barbie should be gone by now… along with my favourite Grandfather sword and sojs… ::dekar!::

It’s the Chieftan. It’s not a very good axe in comparison to other things.

Diablo doesn’t give anywhere near that much expierence. But you can also beat Diablo over and over again, while you can only beat the Ancients once (and get the massive expierence).

You sure about that? When I started playing after gaining access to the Worldstone Chamber and examined the book again, they started fighting as well. 0_o

Also, if anyone has any Perfect Topaz’s they don’t want, I’ll be glad to buy them off your hands. :d

I’m positive. After you beat them once you can’t get the expierence bonus like you did the first time. If you fight them again you get an award of 1 expierence point.

And perfect topaz’s are things you most likely won’t be able to buy off anybody, even though chipped gems are worth more. It’s called the magic re roll, you put an item and 3 chipped gems into the cube and transmute and you’re supposed to be able to get some bomb ass items, but it never really worked for me.

Yeah, I only want them for their +Magic Find bonuses. I have one Topaz and two Flawless Topazes. All I need is some half-decent slotted armour/weaponry and I can raise my chances of finding rares up a notch.

EDIT: I’ve got four spare skill points spare, since I don’t know what to level up next. I’ve got 12 Iron Maiden, 4 of every Golem (due to +Skill items), 4 of Raise, Mage and Revive, and 8 Summon Resist. What next?

EDIT 2: Whoa. Got the Unique belt Snakebite from a Skele Archer Champ. :smiley:

You’re going Curse/Summon, right? One or two in Skele Mastery wouldnt hurt if you’re using Revives a lot, and perhaps an extra in Decrip. I’ve never played a necro past level 10, though, so check with someone else. :slight_smile:

I thought it was three Perfect gems and a Magic item.

Oh well, I know that it rerolls to the same level as the item was originally rolled at. Blah-blah-blah… in other words, you can turn that +poison damage grand charm that you found on a Hell mode carver into a +1 Poison and Bone skills charm (if you are lucky, which I am not, even with my level 80 paladin of quickness).

The real ticket is the crafted items… but I don’t recall how to make many of them.

The real secret to everything diablo can be found at a place called Arreat Summit or something like tha6t. Goole-search and you will find it. It has every set and unique item listed, pages of magic and rare prefixes/suffixes, cube recipes, crafted items, and skill statistics, and of course runewords. :ulty:

Its like a shrine only more official and less personal feeling.

No. I just tried it, you CAN use any type of jewel you want. The item I got was pathetic though, using three chipped of different types. >:( I guess if you use three Perfect’s or Jewels it’ll kick ass.

EDIT: Yeah, just found the site

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

It kicks ass.

That and www.diabloii.net .

I’ve got a bunch of PGems, maybe I’ll give it a try. I really need socketed armor though, I haven’t found any good socketed armor at all.

Away from gameplay talk…

I play Diablo II sometimes at my friend’s house. It’s a fun enough game, one I would consider buying, but my computer is pushing six and a half years old and we won’t get a new one until this one completely dies. <_<

(It’s been “mostly dead” several times. But there’s a difference between “mostly dead” and “all dead,” as anyone who’s seen The Princess Bride could tell you.)

Pierson: Do you play on the closed B.Net realms? I don’t remember. Anyways I play a druid and I’m around level 86.

I’m on USEast.

Just to bring this thing back to some semblance of life;

Does anyone else think the game is actually easier on Nightmare mode? On Normal it took me about five gos and more than a few golems to take down Duriel (sp?) in Act 2. On Nightmare I strolled in there and took him down in three minutes, and even my merc was still alive. Yet another sign that Blizzard really didn’t think this game througj before they released it?