Dem pokeyman be steelin mah kids from God!@#$@#!

Huh, I didn’t find any link between these artivles and catholicism. In fact, fervorous catholics are moderate when it comes to things like this, and the majority of them is liberal and open-minded. It’s the ‘born again christians’, jeovah testemonies, people from the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God etc. who come with these kinds of articles.

Addendum to Tril’s comment, said by my dad’s girlfriend: “Anything they don’t understand, or can’t have … By the way, there is no devil. Just a Judeo-Christian construct to blame their own bad behavior on.” Dad: “Well, they came across Pan, and other horned gods, and there you go.” Speaking of which, I told you about the Christian site where I found a review of Guilty Gear, haven’t I? It talked about how bad the blood was, etc. I stopped reading when they went on to describe the prevalent Rock & Roll references, and implied that this was a worse thing than the blood.

I personally think Christianity as a whole is a religious cult. Each branch speaks down on occultism(with maybe a few exceptions) but most of them practice it in their own ways, anyway. The Born Again Killers and Heaven’s Gate are just a couple of cults spawned from Christianity. There’s plenty more, but I figured to go with two of the more familiar ones. Both are cults, but had different beliefs. HG thought that the world was gonna end so every one of them put on black robes and purple Nikes and ate a poisoned meal. Where the Born Again Killers are a group of serial murderers and other killers, who operate independently from one another for a similar cause. Mark David Chapman was a Born Again Christian and a government worker when he shot John Lennon. The cause that Born Again Killers kill for is they claim that God has given them the right to be the hunters of the human race.

Philip Pullman would love it.

Sure, sure, I believe in God, Jesus and the Devil, but for Pete’s sake, if it’s not so bad that I simply crack up and laugh my ass off, when I see fundamentalist bull like this, I wanna puke. Oh, magic is evil! Trading cards are satanist cult traps! Gothicism, homosexuality, apathy, and cats are EVIL SIN AND MAKE U GO 2 DEVOL OMFG!!1!111one

…Yeah. Whatever.

You know what? I think Jesus used magic to do his miracles. Holy magic. Yup yup.

Christ. Don’t they have anything better to do? Satanism in pokemon. According to churches today theres Satanism in everything. I saw a (small) article in the latest EGM saying that GTA:SA is a 'digitized form of Satan!" It seems that the churches are more concerend with him than God.

This whole thing is hilarious.

As for Star Wars, they’re just worried that their children will realize how much cooler the Dark Side is. Then they will turn to the darkside, and we can rule the universe together…

Seriously though, the majority of this is parents morbidly worried their precious little angels might actually being human fuckign beings, and worse, not complete whores to the false morals of a society that finds two men/women having sex more objextionable than sending hundreds or thousands of people off to die for a large pile of shit nobody really gives a damn about.

On the topic of Satan and God, if you listen to most preachers (this includes Priests, but isn’t limited to them), it becomes quickly apparent that God’s the evil one. He’s the one who sends you to Hell if you fuck up once. He’s the one who’s had too many wars to count started in his name. Anyone faught a war for Satan? Nyet. Anyone faught a war for the Grace of God? Hell yes. How many fascists have united their country behind Satan? None. How many have done so behind God? Almost all of them. Satan is the evil one, eh?

In fact, I think you all need to go read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. Now. It sheds light on my view of things. Authority = bad. Free thought = good, so long as it is constructive.

Or read the Satanic Bible by Aleister Crowley.

I’d buy hundreds of copies, and put them in the stalls in a local church. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where can I buy a copy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazon. I thought about reading it. I may be christian but I’m not like all of those ones who bitch because a butterfly died in a kids cartoon. Infact I’ve never actually read the bible. Though I’ve heard about parts of it and have read some. Anyway what is the satanic bible about?

I’m assuming it’s the same as the Bible, but instead of people worshipping God, they do so with Lucifer.

If I read it, my parents would be scared. :<

At an Occult bookstore

…those exist? Rofl. Give me some names.

Rofl. Thankies.

On the topic of Satan and God, if you listen to most preachers (this includes Priests, but isn’t limited to them), it becomes quickly apparent that God’s the evil one. He’s the one who sends you to Hell if you fuck up once. He’s the one who’s had too many wars to count started in his name. Anyone faught a war for Satan? Nyet. Anyone faught a war for the Grace of God? Hell yes. How many fascists have united their country behind Satan? None. How many have done so behind God? Almost all of them. Satan is the evil one, eh?

Im a Christian and I dont believe that God does that. Only fanatics say that God will send you to hell, because of some insane obsession with damning others for things that they believe are evil. I choose to believe that God is very forgiving, and merciful, and if you’ve met a Christian who says other wise and says that you’re going to hell, then they’re not really a Christian…

As for wars being started in God’s name, well, God didn’t choose to show up in those wars :stuck_out_tongue: Only humans did. Don’t blame God for shit that humanity did, it makes me sad.

I think your right about the forgiving thing. Otherwise Heaven would be pretty lonely.

I remember reading somewhere that after the apocalypse, only 144,000 people will be allowed into heaven. COnsidering how all the people who have EVER lived are suposed to raise during said apocalypse to be judged… 144,000 isn’t very many, quite lonely if I do say so myself, considering how just right now we have billions on this planet.

It’s the mormons who believe that. They currently believe that after the Apocalypse the world will be reshaped, and then everybody will live in a new Earth. Everybody but the 144k people who will be in heaven, and from there they will manage the world of the living.

Still, there are some conservationist mormons believe that 144k will go to heaven and the rest goes to hell anyway.

Yeah. I was told by a “real” Christian in my history class that Mormons, nor Jehovah Witnesses aren’t real Christians. And that Christians are one of the most persecuted peoples in the last 50 years :smiley: