Dem pokeyman be steelin mah kids from God!@#$@#!

Heaven, eh? Let’s see what Terry Pratchett has to say on the subject …

Few religions are definite about the size of Heaven, but on Earth the Book of Revelation (ch.XXI, v.16) gives it as a cube 12,000 furlongs on a side. This is somewhat less than 500,000,000,000,000,000 cubic feet. Even allowing that the Heavenly Host and other essential services take up at least two-thirds of this space, this leaves about one million cubic feet of space for each human occupant – assuming that every creature that could be called “human” is allowed in, and that the human race eventualy totals a thousand times the number of humans alive up until now. This is such a generous amount of space that it suggests that room has also been provided for some alien races or – a happy thought – that pets are allowed.

It’s by Anton LeVay.

I really wouldn’t waste your time with buying it, even though it’s cheap (and let us say that the Church of Satan isn’t exactly poor). You can find it in most filesharing networks. Also, LeVay steals from Nietzche, Crowley, in his pro-dogma anti-religion religion.

What the Satanic Bible is all about is basically that stupid and weak people deserve to suffer, that society today encourages stupidity, and that the intelligent and strong people should be the ones who inheret the Earth rather than the meek.

“If someone smites you on one cheek, smash them on the other!”

That pretty much sums up Satanist philosophy. Interesting to read about, but it’s not really my cup of tea. If you wish to read further into it, I suggest the following three websites:

http://www.churchofsatan.com

http://fcos.us//

Also, anything by Harlan Ellison, or Robert A. Heinlein, especially Heinlein’s the Moon is a Harsh Mistress. It details how a succesfull revolution could actually be carried out under impossible odds. A slightly-altered version of the book system could work in modern France, possibly even America, by the way.

lol probably them writing it god they must get bored writing one crappy episode day after day after day jeez i am suprised they havent killed emselves

oi, run on sentence.

It’s by Anton LeVay.

I really wouldn’t waste your time with buying it, even though it’s cheap (and let us say that the Church of Satan isn’t exactly poor). You can find it in most filesharing networks. Also, LeVay steals from Nietzche, Crowley, in his pro-dogma anti-religion religion.

What the Satanic Bible is all about is basically that stupid and weak people deserve to suffer, that society today encourages stupidity, and that the intelligent and strong people should be the ones who inheret the Earth rather than the meek.

“If someone smites you on one cheek, smash them on the other!”

That pretty much sums up Satanist philosophy. Interesting to read about, but it’s not really my cup of tea. If you wish to read further into it, I suggest the following three websites:

http://www.churchofsatan.com
http://www.vexen.co.uk/
http://fcos.us//

Satanic philosiphy bit doesn’t seem like a real big revelation.

With the money American Consumerist children have been giving them, I doubt they would ever get bored. Also, they only really write one episode. If you look at the show, they just change the names, monsters, and settings, so they don’t really have to ‘write’ anything. The episodes could be done by simple computer programming. Its sad that pokemon came to what it was though, the games were fun, then the show, movies, and cards completely ruined it.

Yeah it did. I still play the games occasionally but all of the other shit just sucks. I used to watch the cartoons and collect the cards and shit but thats when I was young and easily swan by the masses. Now I say fuck the masses.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with this thread but what the fuck? I had 204 (or was it 207?) posts earlier and now I’m down to 198!

but I liked the first cards and the movies. They weren’t that bad

Well in all actuality its the hype that ruined it I think.

I think that the real problem was that it started out as Something Good. Something Good almost invariably leads to popularity. Popularity leads to hype over the sequel. Hype leads to more popularity. More popularty leads to a) more hype. More hype leads to “enough popularity that we don’t need to actually do anything good anymore, they’ll just buy it because it has the name/character/hype on it.” Which in turn leads to “not good.”

Yeah, I remember liking the cartoon at first, and even the first movie barring the horrid ‘pikachu’s vacation’ bit (Mewtwo rocks), but then it went downhill fast. Damn popularity and mainstream.

I think Pokemon is STILL good. The game, I mean. The anime isn’t the worst I have seen, and I have even liked some episodes- it’s just that they made it too “kid safe” and I cannot stand Team Rocket (the trio, not the whole criminal organization.) Sooo stupid! > < How come the kids don’t realize by now that TR is ALWAYS going to show up, and prepare accordingly? I’ll bet even little kids wonder that. Sheesh.

As for studies of religion, has anyone here read Mark Twain’s CAPTAIN STORMFIELD’S VISIT TO HEAVEN? It’s my favorite MT story (and he’s my favorite author) too bad he died without concluding it. It’s the story of a mariner who dies and goes to Heaven- and the funny things that happen to him on the way. First he goes to an EXTRATERRESTRIAL heaven (!!!) then he finds out that, in Heaven, the angels try to provide anything people expect from Heaven in order to make them happy- but most people’s selfish, illogical or contradictory wishes make it difficult. ^^ The funny thing is, despite this being a satire, it doesn’t really mock Christianity, so much as Mankind for our unfair expectations. Highly recommended.

http://fcos.us//101_rules_of_satanism.html

That rocks.

Yeah popularity can be a bad thing. Thats why I’m glad Lok isn’t megapopular. And yes some of the cartoons of Pokemon are okay. I dont watch em anymore though. The first movie was cool though.

The 101 Rules of Satanism looketh pretty awesome. And Pokémon: The First Movie gets brownie points for being the only article of Pokemon canon I have seen in which someone actually gets killed.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The scientists that created mewtwo, right? At least all signs point towards their’ death. Only serves to make mewtwo rock even more.

Ash, too. Sort of. But then the “tears of the Pokémon” revived him. :3

Ash dieing doesn’t count. I mean, would any place recognize someone so stupid as human?

I’d sure hate to imagine how crazy they will react if they hear about the Shin Megami Tensei series. :eek: :no2: :noway: