Dem pokeyman be steelin mah kids from God!@#$@#!

http://www.cephasministry.com/save_our_children_pokemon_booklet.html

I don’t know what scares me more, the fact that people actually wasted their time writing that, or that I wasted mine reading it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh for the love of God, get a life people! I tried to put into words how incredibly stupid this is, but the English vocabulary lacks an expression strong enough to express my anger every time a human being wastes precious milliseconds reading this crap.

On a different note, I’m amazed that I’ve never seen anyone do this shit with Xenogears. I mean, it’s not like they’d be short of material, the game is about killing God.

“discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd”

I thought it had said discouraged…

i’m surprised my aunt hasn’t stopped her kids from playing yu-gi-oh and such, her preacher seems to think all magic things are evil.

Meh, yeah, but how many kids do you know who would actually play that? I mean, elementary school kids, I’m probably the only guy I know around my school who actually plays RPG’s like that besides a few in my high school now. The whole article’s thunder is the fact that it’s talking about Pokemon messing with the minds of children…true, Xenogears could screw up a kids mind much worse (if there’s any game that could really be dissed by religion, it’s Xenogears, reincarnation, bashing of religion, it has it all)…if he understood, and I don’t think an elementary student would really do so. That’s just me.

When I was in elementary school, I knew what the difference was between reality and games, my parents taught me that, these parents need to teach their kids that before they go looking for a scapegoat. The fact that, as it says, it was banned from Turkey because some kids jumped off of something and one broke there leg suggests this. I had an imaginiation like that, but eh, my Dad hammered some common sense into me. That’s what should happen here.

The most staggering thing about it is, that it’s calling the Pokemon marketing strategy basically, well, demonic it seems like. That’s when it really started reaching out a bit too much. That’s a demonic marketing strategy? Okay, dibs on the push towards evolution thing, I could SEE that, but “Gotta catch em’ all!” is not some twised phrase that makes kids yearn for more power and to turn away from God. Oh my gosh, it just seems so silly. I might be wrong, but common sense is the best policy. Honesty comes in second place. It’s an intelligent argument…in the fact that it’s well-written, it just seems so dedicated to bashing it’s subject that it seems a bit…uh, well, biased and and blinded by the fact that the marketing strategy it’s talking about is used by TONS of other companies. It’s a fact of life.

Heh, that Xenogears thing reminds me of that article that was saying Chrono Trigger was a metaphor for Christianity. Chrono was a symbol for Jesus or something it said, it seemed actually kind of interesting. Just like this article though, it overanalyzes things, unlike this article, I don’t sense such a huge bias radiating from it.

Some people have WAAAAAAAAY to much time on their hands.

“Gotta Catch em’ All” has nothing to do with marketing, It has to do with the whole "Catch every Poke’mon thing.

Fully agree.

No, it really has to do more with the “Gotta buy each and every damn release of the Game Boy, not to mention adapters and Stadium/Coliseum tie-ins in order to make the Big N a very very rich company”. That’s what’s called “Marketing” Kiro.

omfg

that was a good laugh

Ok, maybe my mind dousn’t work in the way most kids do, I bought some games, and a few cards…after a few monthes of liking Poke’mon I got bored with the repetition and moved on to the internet…and non-stupid anime.

“What does ‘summon’ mean?” he asked his mother after school one day.

“Summon? Why do you ask?”

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would “summon” the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, “‘Spirits enter me.’ They call it ‘being possessed.’”

Hahahaha, I love these people!

The funniest thing about the article is that a few years ago I read an article saying that the Pope can’t remember exactly what he said, but he basically said that Pokemon is ok.

The last time they visited us, he had his pokemon cards, coins, and figures with him, and he was DREADFUL!!

He was rude, cheeky, wouldnt eat any lunch, tried to run away several times, bit his big sister hard on the arm and made her cry.

Associating pokémon with behavior traits like they did here is so wrong, it already made me stop reading from here. I’ll try reading the thing again later.

In Tokyo on Monday, a Nintendo spokesman speaking on condition of anonymity denied that religious symbols are depicted on the Pokemon items.

Can you imagine this guy’s face when he was asked this?

I don’t know what’s funnier. The idea that Pokemon is Satanic or the idea that Star Wars and Sailor Moon are. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren’t SM and Star Wars supposed to be SAVING the world from evil? As in on God’s side? I can’t decide either.

I don’t know what’s funnier. The idea that Pokemon is Satanic or the idea that Star Wars and Sailor Moon are. :stuck_out_tongue:

So true,anyway yes whoever wrote that has a whole lot of time in their hands.

Aren’t SM and Star Wars supposed to be SAVING the world from evil? As in on God’s side? I can’t decide either

Trust me Kiro I may not know about Star Wars but I have seen the Dark Side of Sailor Moon thanks to an old trailer that Saban made when they wanted to buy Sailor Moon,it was HORRIBLE.

“What kinds of beliefs and values does the Pokemon world and its links teach? Why the emphasis on evolution, supernatural power, and poisoning your opponent?”

Those’re the kind of questions you ask when you let TV raise your children :smiley:

Smartest thing I’ve heard you say in a long time Steve. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s because I’m tired of people blaming things that perfectly harmless people* do for their kids being fucked up.

• I say perfectly harmless because perfectly normal does NOT describe some children/adults.

If that level of “goodness” is what it takes to get past the Pearly Gates, I’ll hang in limbo.

Damn, I seriously thought you would get all pissy after that. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, yeah, it is the parents fault for letting everyone and everything but themselves raise their fucking children.

Does anyone remember that site about how DnD is evil? IIRC, it was a huge site about it.