am I the only person who hates cell phones?

I hate the fact that the average “cell phone” nowandays doubles as text messagers (dumb), internet, camera’s, game systems, etc. all sorts of useless shut. And audio players, can’t leave that one out. I further hate they way it’s used as the prementioned ‘social status.’ I can’t wait to come home for Thanksgiving to see my shit-eating cousin whip out that new Chocolate-phone or whatever the fuck it’s called and try to act all cool.

And that’s my bi-monthly post for here.

I also hate that they can’t get the right version of Tetris in those machines.

I’ve never owned a cellphone in my life, but they are handy. I think the method of payment is a bit awkward with all of this ‘pay as you go’ plan bullshit.

You do know there are service plans that aren’t pay as you go, in fact, for any one speaking any sizable amount of time pay as you go almost always ends up being more expensive then a monthly plan.

This made me chuckle since it came from someone who pretended to be a girl for 3 years on the internet.

jus’ sayin

The irony is amusing, yes.

Sin’s new picture scares me. o.O

And yes, we all love irony. The stated viewpoint is also a rather recent one. It even helps me get a tan 'cause I have to go outside.

Stop it. That is not how ratios work, you sick bastard.
There cannot be a one-to-twenty ratio of any given thing. It has to be one thing to another thing. There is not a 1:20 ratio of cell-phone haters. There is a 1:20 ratio either of cell-phone haters to non-haters, or of non-haters to haters. Either one I would accept without question why you felt the need to largely invent a figure to express that he is not alone, but the fact that you feel the need to qualify your statement with a statistic of very questionable veracity and obvisouly have, at best, a feeble, infantile understanding of both ratios (your kindergarten level punctuation not even brought to argument), I cannot stand your argument.
Just stop it. Stop talking. You’ve made, perhaps, the only comment in here equal in stupidity to any of Zhare’s. The sad part of it is, the idea of the comment isn’t that stupid. You just executed it with such fucking inanity that I question whether or not you are a living being, or merely a fictional character written by a cruel, existentialist god, hunched at a type writer trying to figure out a way to torment me.

Zhare. Your opening comment was, as a matter of fact, a good deal less intelligent than the one I quoted. That should say enough.

Whooooooa nelly

WHOOOOOA, SLOW DOWN THERE FIERY MCFIRE!

EDIT: Damn, dunno how I double posted, someone delete this.

I don’t have much use for my cellphone besides emergencies or coordinating group assignments. I do hate the way some people will call you at any hour, regardless of what you’re doing, not to mention that my phone has the habit of shutting down at random, sometimes making me miss calls. But the most annoying part of it all is probably the way I keep getting SMS ads.

GG

First off, if you don’t like being called at certain hours, you can turn your phone to silent or just turn it off. I personally have only been called later than 1 AM once, and that was my roomie being locked out of our apartment by his sister, so he needed in.

Secondly, I don’t think people really know what you’re doing when they call, so you can’t hold it against them for interrupting something with their calls. You should just have your phone on the aforementioned silent or off.

Third, charge your phone. Its battery needs to be charged to operate.

I like my phone as I can call people as needed when i need to.

To those who feel chained to it…Uhm, I personally don’t have this problem as I turn my phone on silent and usually forget about it until I get home at night and then realize people attempted to call me and I didn’t fee it vibrate. But I guess if I was more concerned about people reaching me, perhaps i would pay more attention to it and worry about it a little more.

My main problem with cell phones is that people use them in inconsiderate ways and are rude and don’t even realize it :confused:

Good Going or Good Grief? :stuck_out_tongue:

[STRIKE]Or gotta go?[/STRIKE]

I thought it was “good game”.

I think it’s “good going.”

You seem to be missing the point. Sometimes that thing will shut down even though it has a full battery. And the people in question should already know that at certain hours I’m too busy to take calls.

Man, I honestly have no idea why I got that mad about that. It really wasn’t that big a deal.

EDIT: I thought it was “good game” too, for the record.