"All My Cali Peeps" party :O O:

Hmm, I go to Santa Cruz all the time and have never had a problem with parking, I figured the problem would be that it was too far North than what you were thinking.

I’ll probably be in Germany at the time…well, depending on if the student loan I applied for goes through. =\

But if not, I might (key word here, “MIGHT”) have a little extra $$ to fly over to CA. But I wouldn’t bet on it. >_>;

That seems to be the deal; the concentrations of California RPGCers seems to be a small pocket up here in the bay area (Hat, Merc, and Myself, sorry if I’m forgetting anyone), and a larger pocket down around the L.A. (SG, Charle, Galloway?, Sin and Astral although Sin mentioned he wouldn’t be availabe by the time our target date rolls around). However, unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in/around a geographical midpoint between those areas. (Not surprising. Lived here all my life and I can’t remember what’s in between. My mental map goes as such: San Jose, bunch of freeway, then Fresno.) :stuck_out_tongue:

So it’s probably up to whoever’s got access to the biggest house, wherever they may be, as sort of a base, and that’s where we’ll have to converge, exploiting conveniently close hotel establishments as needed. Those who can afford hotel rooms (i.e. me) should take those, and reserve house room for those who can’t afford hotel lodgings. And balance all the drivers out, naturally.

[My house is teeny tiny, by the way, and there is literally no guest room. Damn the luck. I mean, there are probably apartments bigger than this house.]

Originally posted by Charlemagne
And Sin, you have to come, I got a present for you!

It starts with M and ryhmes with face.

*once again find himself hating the fact he lives on the east coast.

Take pictures. Lots of them.

My church is going to some convention this summer in California and so… depending on the dates and stuff I might make it.

I’ll probably be taking a class as well as working, but I’ll still be around, soo… might be interesting. I dunno about Santa Cruz, but I know for a fact that San Fran’s parking is hellish (and expensive) so I’d rather stay down south. Hey, we could go to the tofu festival in l.a.! <.<

The SF area and central valley left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
…and a larger pocket down around the L.A. (SG, Charle, Galloway?, Sin and Astral although Sin mentioned he wouldn’t be availabe by the time our target date rolls around). However, unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in/around a geographical midpoint between those areas. (Not surprising. Lived here all my life and I can’t remember what’s in between. My mental map goes as such: San Jose, bunch of freeway, then Fresno.) :stuck_out_tongue:

Infonick

If I were on a business trip around that time, I’d consider visiting for a day, even though it’s like universes colliding and inexorably changing our existence as we know it. =) However, with work I can’t plan that far ahead since the trips are sporadic.

Really, CH? Every time I go there, parking is a big issue. Like, we gotta walk several blocks to get to wherever we wanna go. But I’m sure you probly go more often than I do, I’ll take your word for it.

And Kaiser, yeah…I decided L.A just because of the fact that the most people live there. It would be best for housing and shit. (I live quite a ways from L.A though :P)

What about Kero and Frame as well?

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
[b]Really, CH? Every time I go there, parking is a big issue. Like, we gotta walk several blocks to get to wherever we wanna go. But I’m sure you probly go more often than I do, I’ll take your word for it.

And Kaiser, yeah…I decided L.A just because of the fact that the most people live there. It would be best for housing and shit. (I live quite a ways from L.A though :P) [/b]

It’s only 2 hours (during non-rush our times). 2 hours is a piece of cake. You can easily go up and own everyday. Heck, I could tell you the times to leave and avoid all traffic and make it in a hour and half.

2 hours from where to where? :open_mouth:

Where’s the imperial valley? ^^; Is that… Temecula or something? Wouldn’t l.a. be farther for him, since he’d have to go through the ortega highway? Or maybe he could just go straight to l.a. from there and it’d be faster… I really don’t know.

2 hours isn’t bad for us, yeah… but some of you other guys are gonna have a loooong, boring trip @_@ (die, stretch of land between san fran and l.a.!!!)

Too long, too boring. Bring it further north! :smiley:

Lol, Temecula? I wish Astral :stuck_out_tongue:

Imperial Valley is like, the southeastern-most corner of california. About 50 miles from Yuma, Arizona, and about 15 miles from Mexicali, in Baja California (That’s Mexico btw :P) So basically, I live about 15 miles from the border. Temecula is like a 2-4 hour drive, as is (It depends on traffic really).

:open_mouth: O:

If you don’t hit much traffic, it’s about a 3 hour drive from the Imperial Valley to LA. Most days it takes 3 1/2 hours though, and that’s only to get to the edge of LA, not to anywhere in particular there.

Dude, no no no no no, I aint goin to no LA, fuck that sound! I hate LA, I had a bad experience in LA.

So says the guy who practically lives in LA.

Originally posted by Astral

2 hours isn’t bad for us, yeah… but some of you other guys are gonna have a loooong, boring trip @_@ (die, stretch of land between san fran and l.a.!!!)

Holy mother of jesus fucking christ yes. I’m never gonna forget it. Esp not eating at the burger king on laval road (yes, canadians, laugh at my torment)