Yu-gi-Oh is evil

I laughed my head off. Yesterday and the day before a famous TV host here in Brazil took some Yu-gi-Oh cards to his program and started saying how it led to satan worshipping and violent behavior. Not a threat to everybody’s sanity if he wasn’t one of the most watched men in the country. He’s so important his program is broadcast live in a daily basis and lasts 'bout an hour in the most expensive time of the day (we call it noble horary and advertising at such a time costs millions).

He gave emphasis on some cards that depicted demon and undead looking creatures. He read some. They went “a slave to dark magic that lives to do the biddings of his master”, “a silent warrior who specializes in murdering”, “a small demon that lives to play tricks on innocent people” and “a really strong flying fiend with a lot of destructive power”.

I read news of worried parents taking Yu-gi-Oh decks form their children and throwing said decks in the trash/burning/ripping them yesterday and today. If the guy wanted to make a lot of children cry, he’s got it.

I don’t know how I should feel. As a RPG addict I’ve seen this happening to D&D, Vampire & Gurps some years ago, with the church commanding the massacre (another reason for my helligion unliking). So I know how that is and kinda feel sad for Yu-gi-Oh fans. However, it was Yu-gi-Oh, so I guess it’s all OK. After all, it was YgO who made playing card games in public a shame.

Anyway, I’m just glad that it was not M:tG.

Well, if Yu-Gi-Oh is evil, then Gradius is evil, because one of the cards depicts Vic Viper itself. And Vic Viper’s tangled with fire salamanders in space, so I guess that could be defined as satanic worship…

Meh, I think the Yu-gi-Oh computer games are pretty damn good. I agree that anything else to do with it is shit though.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Well, if Yu-Gi-Oh is evil, then Gradius is evil(…)

And M:tG rests assured that his black deck is well hidden

My fave black creature is the Demon Lord. If anybody’s already seen him you know what the devil must look like.

there is but one thing to say:

Yet more of the anti-tolerance attitude that has led to my disclaiming all connections to religion.

I have something to say…

Bull crap!

I collect some Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and I’m not afarid to admint it! How many anime shows for kids that they have claimed to be the devil?! Pokemon, lots of others! Geez! This is dog-gone ridiculous.

I never liked Yu-Gi-Oh anyway. Still, that’s kinda…eh… clutches Harry Potter books comfortingly Some people do tend to blow things out of proportion!

Originally posted by ShadowKnight
[b]there is but one thing to say:

… [/b]

See, that isn’t saying anything, it’s just a pause. You could have said “ellipses” instead.

Meh, this isn’t surprising, everything such as YuGiOh seems to have been condemned…there’s evil or traces or evil and everything, just not everyone is stupid to be corrupted. sigh What people say on tv nowadays:(

Originally posted by Urkani
See, that isn’t saying anything, it’s just a pause. You could have said “ellipses” instead.

there’s always a smartalec… cause, usually its me, but that ain’t the point. and it was meant to be “speechless.”

wiseguy…

I play the card game (need to get my ass to the store to pick up some new packs too) and frankly, I don’t see how the hell a card game can be considered satanic because a of a card’s description. This porves nothing more than there is a whole world out there full of dumbasses that don’t know what the hell they’re talking about, that parents will believe. And the statement that “YGO made playing card games in public a shame” is kinda true, yet partly false. It was never really meant to be about cards. More about shaodw games (if you haven’t the slightest clue of what I’m talking about, go read the manga.)

What the fuck is a shadow game? :stuck_out_tongue:
And no, I will never ever read the manga. Or watch the show.

I dislike Yu-Gi-Oh. And I dislike 8th Edition because it will look like Yu-Gi-Oh. Stupid WotC…

Everything is swept in evil’s clouds! MwaHaHaHaHa!

I think he just wanted to eradicate the one thing he could find to be more evil than himself.

i used to collect yu-gi-oh cards…i stopped when almost every 7th grader in my entire school started endlessly asking me: “hey, you got yu-gi-oh cards?” i then decided it wasn’t worth it…

…and they keep asking…

ShadowKnight, I’ll see you in court.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]And M:tG rests assured that his black deck is well hidden

My fave black creature is the Demon Lord. If anybody’s already seen him you know what the devil must look like. [/b]

Combo that in a red-black Goblin/Zombie deck with Dralnu’s Crusade and Goblin Warrens. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhoo, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Yu Gi Oh with a passion. M:tG has always been better and has now reached its 10th anniversary (hell yeah!) and don’t need no stinkin’ TV show.

Bah, and 8E looks cool. Nothin’ like the gay ass YGO cards.

The cards and anime don’t have shit on the manga. The manga doesn’t focus on the stupid ass card game. Then again, most people won’t bother looking at it because of the name. Oh well. Your opinion, nothing I can change. Just at least read a page or two :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Crotanks
Then again, most people won’t bother looking at it because of the name.

Damn straight…

Actually, what’s it about? Anythin’ good?

It has the same characters, but a bit a different story. Basically Yugi and and his friends will get into some trouble. When none of them around and Yugi gets emotional (not boohoo, whine whine) the millenium puzzle (the pyramid he wears around his neck) releases the spirit of a pharo, which looks like Yugi. That would be Yami Yugi (Yami meaning Dark). Yami will challenge the offenders to a game that could either cost them eachother’s lives or injure them seriously.