You who saide Nintendo was dying, eat your heart out.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6089235.html

That’s a LOT of Gameboys.

In your FACE, N-Gage! :mwahaha:

But the GB has always been a strong seller, especially with little to no competition. Heck, if it wasn’t for the GB, Nintendo would have been in serious trouble after the N64. The GBA doing well is like saying Bush is an idiot. It is common knowledge, there’s no need to prove it.

Originally posted by Infonick
But the GB has always been a strong seller, especially with little to no competition. Heck, if it wasn’t for the GB, Nintendo would have been in serious trouble after the N64. The GBA doing well is like saying Bush is an idiot. It is common knowledge, there’s no need to prove it.

Except Bush got a high score on his SATs, and coasted along at Yale (C average, meaning he’s a lazy bum =p). Perhaps “deceptive” is a much better word than “stupid” at this point. <_<

And it still is an impressive figure. And don’t turn this into a ‘Bush sux0rs’ thread, please.

Anyway, way to contradict your entire thread about people not reading the articles, Cc, since the thread was about GBs, and not Bush, and the article is about GBAs, and not GBs :stuck_out_tongue:

GB, GBA. Same fucking thing. Let’s not get petty over details.

Nintendo is a company who makes ONLY video games. Since that’s all they make, their specialty is, of course, video games.

That’s one of the biggest reasons Nintendo’s going to be in it for the long haul.

Originally posted by Lunaris
GB, GBA. Same fucking thing. Let’s not get petty over details.

Well, actually, it’s not…
But since they both rock (and I own both too) I’ll just say “Go Nintendo!” and grab both my GB and GBA and sit in a corner for a while mumbling “preeeeecsssiiioooouusssss”…

I’ve always been a huge supporter of Nintendo, (to date I’ve bought no other console products) however, they keep on dumbing down their games and systems to appeal to a younger audience. I bought the N64 expecting the next Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI to come along, and I got crap. Sure, Ocarina of Time was good. So were a few other titles, but I never got that real pay off I was looking for.

Originally posted by Bing
Nintendo is a company who makes ONLY video games. Since that’s all they make, their specialty is, of course, video games.

Nintendo was originally a card company which started in the 1900s. Not only that, but they STILL make cards (although Pokémon is far different from the traditional Japanese card games they specialized in) as well as toys. =p

Stoker: Well, Square left Nintendo, so good stories left Nintendo. There were many good SNES games, but they were usually quite kiddy and/or had bad stories. =p

And now Square is getting bad stories coughFFXcough.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Except Bush got a high score on his SATs, and coasted along at Yale (C average, meaning he’s a lazy bum =p). Perhaps “deceptive” is a much better word than “stupid” at this point. <_<

Bush got around 1200 on his SATs, big whoop.

EDIT: Oh, wait- I DID mention that here. =p

No. 1200 isn’t impressive. But for someone who is obviously as much of a slack off as Bush (who has taken more vacations than any other president, and has the second longest single vacation since Nixon), I think that it isn’t bad.

I like it when presidents take vacation. It means they aren’t screwwing us up in the white house.

I wish all presidents ever did was take vacations. (that way nothing would get passed into law unless there were a 2/3 majority vote in the senate because he wouldn’t be there to sign anything. Heh heh)

The fewer laws, the better!

1200 isn’t impressive at all. I don’t even consider that doing well on the SATs. And C’s at Yale is pathetic. If anything, it shows he got in do to who he was and couldn’t cut it. The people who actually get into Yale fairly do well. I know people who go there, and they say it isn’t nearly as hard as people make it out to be.

Originally posted by Bakufa Can we get back to the subject of Nintendo, please, and not
turn this into a ‘Bush sux0rs’ thread
?? Anyway, uh, I really wish I had a GameCube. And enough money to buy a few GBA games. ;_;

We all knew that. At least I did.
As long as Nintendo has the Gameboy series they’ll remain strong. Unless Bandai does something insane like release the Wonderswan Colour in the USA and Europe. Or the PSP actually turns out to be something.

Good stories left Nintendo when Square left? That’s heavily debatable. Sega came in. Mario and Luigi SUper Star saga have a good, wacky humourous story. Metroid Mission Zero is an cool total reharsh of Metroid 1(wich is probably older than some of you reading this)…What else?

I love Nintendo. I always have and always will.

BTW, for any of you doubters, there are plenty of good games for the GameCube and the GBA. If you haven’t found any to your liking yet, then you’re not looking hard enough. If you want a good game for the GBA, try Golden Sun. If you want a good game for the GameCube, get Metroid Prime or SSBM. If you want, I could list all of the Nintendo games that I have and you can pick up one that strikes your fancy. What say you?

1200 is above average. I believe the average is below 1000.