Yar Wars - Story Mode

Yay!

Now make a new SAY when you finnish this! ^^

I would, but I need sprites of Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld. ;_;

Not bad, Yar, although I believe you mixed up a line slightly. It’s “You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

But you see, Link doesn’t talk like that. It would sound weird, coming from him, because he’s not a spaniard speaking english. He’s a Hylian speaking… english? Hell, I don’t know.

Another short walk brought Link to the edge of a lake. He smiled softly, and started walking along the edge, reflecting on what he’d learned so far about where the Triforce was. Let’s see …

Hmm.

Absolutely nothing.

He sighed as he continued on, deciding that he’d need to get some definite information from the next person he saw. Of course, he had a sort of … well, an instinct to the effect that he was going in generally the right direction, but …

He blinked when he heard the sound of splashing. “Hm?”

He was <i>not</i> expecting, when he came around a bend, the sight of a blue-haired girl with a white wing and a black wing (and what appeared to be a tail) … bathing. “AUGH!”

She shrieked and threw a rock at him as he turned and ran the other way. It <i>spang</i>ed off his shield as he <i>continued</i> running.

Then she landed in front of him, dressed in an outfit that he decided wasn’t much of an improvement over being naked. “You PERVERT!” she exclaimed.

Link blushed. “Um, h-hey!”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Dizzy (CPU)]
[Background: Lakeside]
[Intro pose: Link floats down in a column of blue light. Dizzy appears first as a silhouette of a black demon, then morphs into herself.]
[Last four combos used:]
[1. Dizzy - Dragon]
[2. Link - Spinning Blade]
[3. Dizzy - Chain Explosion (Super)]
[4. Link - Din’s Fire (Super) (finisher)]
[Winner: Link]
[Victory pose: Link swings his sword and strikes a pose, going, “Hyaa!”]
[Victory quote: “Looks like you were good after all.”]

They stood there facing each other. “Sorry,” said Link.

The girl blushed and got to her feet. “No, I … I overreacted.” She looked him in the eyes. “My name’s Dizzy.”

Link nodded. “I’m Link,” he said. “Pleased to meet you … I guess …”

Her wings morphed, once again, into the angelic woman and the Grim Reaper impersonator. WHILE WE’RE MAKING INTRODUCTIONS, MY NAME IS NECRO, said the demon.

The angelic woman bowed slightly. <font color=00ffff>“And my name’s Undine,”</font> she said.

Link laughed nervously. “Pleased to meet you all,” he said. “Look, I’d better get going. I’m searching for an item called the Triforce, and I want to get it back to Hyrule before someone uses it to destroy the world or something. See you later.”

Dizzy smiled, her wings reverting. “Goodbye, Link,” she said. “It was nice meeting you … I hope you find the Triforce soon!”

It looked like it was going to rain soon. Link sighed, and paused as he passed under a cliff.

There was a roll of thunder. “Ominous, isn’t it?” said a voice from above.

Link looked up. Standing on top of a nearby boulder was a man with long blue hair, pale skin, and pointed ears, dressed in dark robes. “Almost as if it was a harbinger of things to come,” said the man.

“What, you mean, the weather has a sense of narrative convenience?” said Link.

The man’s gaze hardened. “Do not make light of me, boy,” he said. “You clearly do not know who you’re dealing with.”

Link bit back the snide comment about a Goth with an overblown ego. “Tell me, then,” he said.

“I am Magus,” said the man. “Sorcerer of Darkness.”

Link nodded. “And I’m Link. Hero of Time,” he said. “There’s darker guys than you around, y’know. Or at least they try to be, anyway.”

Magus snorted. “If you are referring to Zio,” he said, “then you may be right. I sense a darkness over this land – with only a small beacon of hope that may be snuffed out if it is caught by our enemy.”

Link narrowed his eyes. “You mean the Triforce,” he said.

Magus arched an eyebrow. “You know of it, then?” he said.

“It’s from my homeland, in Hyrule,” said Link. “I need to bring it back. Or at least, after it gets used to defeat Zio.”

Magus nodded. “All things of such power should go back to where they belong so that their power is not abused,” he said.

Link said, “Define ‘abused.’ Some people might say you’re the type of person who’d <i>do</i> the abusing.”

Magus smirked. “They could very well be right,” he said. “I only mean that I do not intend to see this world destroyed.”

The dark wizard leaped down from the boulder and landed in front of Link. “Hero of Time!” he said. “In times such as these, only the strong will survive! Are you strong enough to face the power of such a powerful wizard as Zio, should he gain the Triforce himself?”

Link drew the Master Sword. “I like to think I’d be strong enough to hold my own,” he said.

“Then,” said Magus, as the rain began to fall, “show me your power!”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Link (CPU)]
[Background: Dark Forest]
[Intro pose: Link standing in a “cool” pose, then draws the Master Sword, going “Hraaa …!” Magus materializes in a blue flame.]
[1. Magus - Dark Matter (Super)]
[2. Magus - Spellcaster]
[3. Link - Bomb (miss)]
[4. Link - Impaler (Super) (finisher)
[Victory pose: Link puts the Master Sword away and strikes a pose, with a cry of “Yatta!”]
[Victory quote: “I guess monsters are the same wherever you go.”]

Magus stood up. “You are, indeed, a worthy opponent,” he said.

Link nodded, and said, “Yeah, you’re not that bad yourself.”

The dark wizard nodded. “I hope to face you again, at another time,” he said. He paused. “If you continue on your current path, you will find that which you seek. Til we meet again!” he said. And with that, he vanished in a column of darkness.

It was a few hours after the rain let up, and Link found himself in what was evidently a campground. <i>Whoops.</i>

He sniffed the air. <i>Hmm … barbecue,</i> he thought, and followed his nose to a spot where a guy in a red jacket with black spiky hair was poring over some hamburgers. He turned, revealing that he was wearing an off-yellow apron with a picture of a katana and the words “<font face=impact size=+1>KILL COOK</font>” in large black letters. “G’dafternoon, stranger,” he said with a smirk. “Don’t tell me, lemme guess – you’re lookin’ for the Triforce.”

Link grinned. “How’d you guess?” he asked.

The boy shrugged. “Well, I <i>am</i> psychic,” he said. “The fact that you’re obviously a Hylian also helped.” He put down the spatula and held his hand. “My name’s Yar Kramer. What’s yours?”

“Link,” he said, shaking Yar’s hand. “Pleased to meet you.”

Yar arched an eyebrow. “Whoa, Link, eh?” he said. “Didn’t expect to see the Hero of Time himself.”

Link laughed. “Well so much for psychic powers, huh?”

Yar rolled his eyebrows. “I generally don’t use 'em to read the future,” he said. “I generally don’t like what I see, and at that point there’s usually nothing I can do about it.” He shrugged. “It’s like Schrodenger’s Cat. The act of viewing the future determines what it’s gonna be. Anyway … you wanna spar a bit while we wait for these burgers to cook?”

Link shrugged. “You sure they won’t get burned or knocked over?”

Yar grinned. “Hey, each battle is theoretically, uh, 270 seconds long at the <i>most</i>, and it’s 2D so we don’t need to worry about bumpin’ into anything.”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Yar Kramer (CPU)]
[Background: Damp Campgrounds]
[Intro pose: Link runs in, sword drawn, and screeches to a halt. Yar is wearing a red trench coat, which he tosses away stylishly.]
[1. Link - Blade Wave (miss)]
[2. Yar Kramer - Burly Brawl
[3. Yar Kramer - Island King Hamehameha (Super) (miss)]
[Victory pose: Link sticks the Master Sword into the ground, then transforms abruptly into Young Link, who goes “Gah!” and draws the Master Sword again, becoming Adult Link once more.]
[Victory quote: “Looks like you were good after all.”]

Link bit into the hamburger, and gave Yar the thumbs-up.

They were now sitting at one of the picnic benches scattered around the campgrounds, eating hamburgers.

“So, you’re headed in pretty much the right direction if you wanna get the Triforce,” said Yar. “I don’t have to warn you to watch out, though.”

Link nodded. “Right. I know there’s plenty of bad guys out there.”

Yar nodded. “You wanna be <i>particularly</i> careful of Zio. I <i>really</i> have a bad feeling about him.” He looked Link straight in the eye. “You’re gonna want to take him on ASAP.”

Actually, I was paraphrasing Data in the Star Trek book “I, Q” (in which Q, having temporarily lost his powers, fails to get involved with a land war on Cardassia, but he does go up against a Ferengi when money’s on the line), in which he says “I do not believe the word means what you appear to think it does.”

Mmm…psychotropic weather drools. The question everyone wants to ask…What does Magus want?

If you have played Chrono trigger and still need to ask that question, tyhen you, my friend, are a dumbass.

Actually, I’m not finished yet, but I’m reasonably confident I know what he wants, which isn’t what he originally wanted but I won’t spoil it for people who haven’t played.

Again, there’s maybe, one or two people in all of RPGC who haven’t played CT, but EVERYONE knows the story now. No real need to bother witht the “I’m not telling in case someone doesn’t know” thing.

Fair enough: Schala, as far I know.

And it’s amazing, as if you read Magus’ description in Yar’s very first post, you’d knwo he said that was his desire outright. Nice work, there.

…sucker punched. You got me good there. But I didn’t find it out from that, I never read the last three.

Magus is the fourth from last.

Really, well I didn’t read the ones you weren’t including except yourself, so apart from you, who I read and so amn’t including in last anymore, he’s the third from last.

Right, First off, i have NO IDEA what the hell you were trying to express in that post. It makes no sense. S econd of all, “amn’t” is not a proper contraction, and improper contractions make Baby Jesus cry bloody tears.

Link frowned as he continued walking. He was starting to have a bad feeling about Zio, and was worried about what might happen if he got it first …

“Hey!”

He turned. What looked like a green-haired woman in a sort of military uniform was jogging towards him. Link narrowed his eyes. “Who’re you?”

She said, “My name’s Sera. Reploid bounty hunter.”

“What, like Dynamo?” said Link, reaching for his sword.

Sera snorted. “No, not at <i>all</i> like that doophus,” she said. “But, I wouldn’t mind trying my luck against the fabled ‘Hero of Time’ I’ve heard about …”

Link drew the Master Sword and smirked. “Is that a challenge?”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Sera (CPU)]
[Background: Home Stretch]
[Intro pose: Link standing in a “cool” pose, then draws the Master Sword, going “Hraaa …!” Sera, just standing there, stretches and then slips into a combat pose.]
[1. Sera - Charged Blaster]
[2. Link - Spinning Blade]
[3. Sera - Spear Spin]
[Victory pose: Link swings his sword and strikes a pose, going, “Hyaa!”]
[Victory quote: “Another one bites the dust!”]

“So what were you looking all uptight about?” said Sera.

“I’m looking for a man named Zio,” said Link, walking faster now. “He needs to be stopped before he gets his hands on an item called the Triforce that would grant any wish to whoever holds it.”

Sera followed, and said, “And you’re worried about what he wants to do?”

Link shrugged. “He seems to be the type to want to destroy the world.”

Sera snorted. “I’ll judge <i>that</i> when I see 'im,” she said.

They arrived at a fork in the rode. Sera took the one away from the temple. “Later!”

A chill ran down Link’s spine as he left the forest. He sensed something … not right.

He turned, and saw a man with pointed ears, dressed in white flowing Japanese robes, and with what looked like a gigantic fluffy … <i>thing</i> draped over one shoulder.

“Who are you?” said Link.

The man turned. “I am Sesshoumaru,” he said. “And I could ask you the same question.”

“I’m Link,” he said.

Sesshoumaru nodded. “Ah, yes, the Hero of Time.” He stepped further out of the forest. “You wish to acquire the Triforce and bring it back to your homeland, do you not?”

“Yes, I do!” said Link, reaching for the Master Sword.

Sesshoumaru drew a sword of his own – clearly an evil sword, suffused with dark energy. “Then, show me your worth!”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Sesshoumaru(CPU)]
[Background: The Field]
[Intro pose: Link standing in a “cool” pose, then draws the Master Sword, going “Hraaa …!” Sesshoumaru walks in and says, “Prove to me your worth!” in Japanese.]
[1. Sesshoumaru - Blood Claws (miss)]
[2. Sesshoumaru - Canine Tooth (Super)]
[3. Link - Din’s Fire (Super)]
[4. Sesshoumaru - Cleaver]
[Victory pose: Link puts the Master Sword away and strikes a pose, with a cry of “Yatta!”]
[Victory quote: “Another one bites the dust!”]

Link put away the Master Sword and turned around with a sigh. Then he felt a poke against the back of his neck.

“Never,” said Sesshoumaru, “turn your back on a recently fallen opponent.”

Link sighed. “Guess I’m <i>not</i> ‘worthy,’ huh?”

Sesshoumaru said, “You will need to train more before you are ready to face the Guardian of the Temple.” He turned around and walked away.

=====

Link was slashing Salamander Drakes to bits like all get out when Yar ran out of the trees. “Zio got the Triforce!” he said.

“What!?” exclaimed Link.

<center>* * * * *</center>

Zio smirked at the assembled group. Link, Magus, Dalton, Dynamo, Sesshoumaru, and Yar. “So, you think that if all six of you team up you can beat me, eh?” He laughed, chills echoing through the field.

“It ends now, Zio!” said Yar, drawing his saber. The others did similarly.

Zio grinned. “Oh, come now, do you think you stand a chance against me?”

“I sure do!” said Link, who charged forward, Master Sword drawn.

Zio smirked and threw a Black Wave at Link, but he ducked to the side and continued his run. “Fine,” muttered the Dark Wizard … and threw a white ball of energy at Link.

“Oh, <i>shit</i>,” said Magus …

… right before a gigantic blast of light tore apart the countryside.

=====

“Oh, good, you’re awake!”

Link opened his eyes, and then wished he hadn’t. “Ugh …”

“Don’t worry, the healing spell’s almost complete. You’ll be in top shape in no time!”

Link’s eyes began to focus. “Dizzy …?”

She nodded. “Yeah,” she said. “You got hit hardest by Zio’s attack – you were out for almost a day.”

“Where’s Zio?” asked Link.

“Dead,” said Dizzy. “Don’t worry … a little longer, and you’ll be able to head for the Temple.”

A few hours later (after some wrangling with Yar about whether this was wise), Link arrived at the Temple. With some trepidation, he stepped inside.

And there was the Triforce.

A column of darkness appeared, and took on a vaguely humanoid shape. “LINK,” it said. “YOU HAVE FACED MANY CHALLENGES. ARE YOU NOW PREPARED TO FACE FALZ, THE GUARDIAN OF THE TRIFORCE?”

“Yes, I am!” said Link.

“THEN,” said the shape, “PREPARE YOURSELF …”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Falz (CPU)]
[Background: Temple]
[Intro pose: Link is just standing there, looking ready. Falz transforms into a copy of Link and says, “…FOR YOUR ULTIMATE BATTLE!”]
[1. Falz: Bomb (Miss)]
[2. Falz: Din’s Fire (Super)]
[3. Link: Spinning Blade (Miss)]
[4. Link: Spinning Blade]
[Victory pose: Link raises his hands, and the Triforce appears above him. It floats down and lands in his hands. The traditional Zelda “DAAADAAADAAADAAAAAAAA!” fanfare plays.]

Link closed his eyes and focused. “I wish,” he murmured, “for the Triforce to return to Hyrule!”

Then the Triforce glowed brightly, and then … vanished. Link lowered his hands, surprised, and felt a warmth in his left hand. He blinked and looked; it was glowing softly with an image of the Triforce.

He smiled, and turned and left the Temple.

<center>* * * * *</center>

“Heading out?”

Link drew Epona to a halt and laughed when he saw Yar, Dizzy, Lilith, and Sesshoumaru standing by the roadside. “Yeah, I’m heading back to Hyrule,” he said. “You here to see me off?”

“Figured I might as well,” said Yar.

Sesshoumaru bowed. “I hope to see you again, Link,” he said. “Next time, do not disappoint me.”

Link smirked. “I won’t,” he said. “But right now I’ve gotta head back. I’ve got a princess waiting for me.”

Yar grinned. “Go ahead,” he said. “I kinda know the feeling.”

“G’bye, Link!” said Dizzy. “Sorry about overreacting before!”

Lilith giggled. “Me too!” she said. “See you later!”

“Goodbye!” said Link, and took Epona’s reins and rode off.

<center>Closing credits, followed by:
GAME OVER</center>

So, I guess it’s time to choose another character, then! Add Magus, Dizzy, and Zio to the list of playables, and subtract Link.

Dalton, I choose you!

…er…um…I mean…

Dalton. I pick Dalton. sidles away

What I meant was that he had said he wasn’t going to include some of the people as playable characters: Magus, Zio and Dizzy, so I didn’t bother going back to read them. And I did think there was something wrong with “amn’t” but couldn’t figure out what it was meant to say. Aren’t would make more sense. But it does make sense, if you look at it from the right perspective.
And what sort of wish was that, Link could’ve just stuffed the triforce in his giant pack and got himself a proper wish.

Grammatically, “am not” was correct. But for God’s sake,. just try to say “amn’t” out loud. It just doesn’t work.

And I vote for Dynamo.

I know amn’t doesn’t make sense, I was saying my post makes sense as a whole. And you’re right amn’t does sound weird and wrong. But I don’t thing am not makes sense, I’m pretty sure it’s “are not included”. But that’s not to say I’m right.
And I vote for Lilith.