Yar Wars - Story Mode

Yes, indeed! Mind telling me what their names are, aside from their filenames? :smiley:

The second two are exactly that. The Mortal Kombat music (from the movie) and the theme from this game, Tetrinet. The first one is Blade’s stage music from Eternal Champions.

If you want more, just contact me. I have a large collection of MIDIs, game or otherwise.

You also might want to check out MusicRobot.com, and, as always, the eternal VGMusic.com. :slight_smile:

Yeesh, it’s like everyone wants to see Link. Look, i love Link kroe than any of you could ever try to, but even I want to see something interesting. Link’s okay, but Sesshoumaru and Dynamo, even YAR, is more interesting than Link!

I will MAKE him interesting. And GG, I’m set for now, unless you could E-mail me a sort of Japan-ish village-y combat theme.

japan-ish village-y combat theme? Sounds like the Battle theme to the Bakumatsu era in Live A Live.

Nobody loves Link more than I, I’m just too lazy to get off my ass and join any fanclubs or stuff. And Link can be made interesting. Yay for Yar, the interest maker. That doesn’t sound quite right, but it’s close enough.

you mean like the music from the inyuyasha playstation game? :moogle:

Actually, it’s gonna be Mufini’s themesong. Otherwise, I’ll be forced to use Infinity Mijinion’s theme from MegaMan X6. Anyway, some notes about gameplay … it uses the six-button control scheme found in most arcade games (where W=Weak, N=Normal, H=Hard, P=Punch, K=Kick):

WP NP HP
WK NK HK

Also, any character can air-dash either forward or back, simply by holding START and whichever direction you want twice. Yeah, I know it’s cumbersome, but it’s also vaguely cheap, so that makes up for it.

<h1>LINK</h1>
Nation of Origin: Hyrule
Weapon: Master Sword
Combos:
D, FD, F + P: Boomerang
U + MP: Spinning Blade
D, BD, B + MK: Bomb
WP, MP, HP: Triple Slash

Footsteps were heard in the forest. Someone with a keen enough ear would be able to deduce that they belonged to someone wearing leather boots, and from the breathing they could tell it was a late-teens human male.

They were right about the boots and the “male” part.

A creature that looked like a six-foot salamander except blue crawled through the grass with the intentions of getting a meal, on the basis that humans generally taste better than other creatures. It was therefore very surprised when a young man with pointed ears, dressed all in green, leaped out of the bushes in front of it, and with an unintelligible battle cry, sliced it in half.

“Ugh,” he muttered. “Guess Hyrule isn’t the only place that has monster problems …” He looked around, making sure he wasn’t about to get eaten again, and ran a gloved hand through his hair.

“Well, don’t you look skilled,” said a voice from above.

He looked up. There was a green-haired woman hovering in midair above him, and between her outfit and her enormous bat-wings, he guessed she was probably some sort of succubus. “Who’re you?” he said, frowning.

“My name is Morrigan,” she said, floating down to ground level. “What’s yours?”

“Link,” he said. “Are you a demon?”

Morrigan grinned. “Of a sort,” she said. “Though, being a succubus means I don’t need to work hard to get men to do what I want.”

Link snorted. “I guessed that,” he said. “Not like your outfit is actually modest…

“Modest? What does that mean?” joked Morrigan. “Anyway, you took that Drake down in a single stroke – you certainly look powerful enough to hold your own.” She slipped into a combat pose. “Care to have a friendly spar?”

Link considered this. On the one hand, he was damn sure he could probably destroy her, and didn’t want to do so by accident. On the other hand …

On the other hand, he could just sense that she was more powerful than she looked. “Sure,” he said.

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Morrigan (CPU)]
[Background: Forest Path]
[Intro pose: Link standing in a “cool” pose, then draws the Master Sword, going “Hraaa …!” Morrigan rises up from a pile of bats, which merge to form her wings]
[Last four combos used:]
[1. Link - Spinning Blade (missed)]
[2. Morrigan - Soul Fist]
[3. Link - Hookshot]
[4. Link - Quadruple Slash Spin (Super) (Finisher)]
[Winner: Link]
[Victory pose: Link swings his sword and strikes a pose, going, “Hyaa!”]
[Victory quote: “Ha! You sure you weren’t holding back?”]

He helped Morrigan to her feet. “You are good,” she said.

“You aren’t too bad yourself,” said Link.

Morrigan nodded. “So … what brings you to this land?”

Link shrugged. “Well … the Triforce. Got any burning wishes you’ve got and want granted?”

She arched an eyebrow. “Well … maybe. Why?”

Link said, “Because the Triforce can grant it. I know it’s somewhere in this realm, and it belongs in Hyrule.”

Morrigan nodded. “I see,” she murmured. “Well, I suppose you’d better hurry. Once word gets out, people will be all over it.”

Link nodded. “I guessed that,” he said. “It’s got a pretty powerful guardian, though.”

“I’m sure it does,” said Morrigan. “Well … I’ll be seeing you later, then.” She jumped up and flew away.

Link sighed. “Succubi,” he muttered, and continued on his way.

A few minutes of further journeying, he heard the sounds of combat. Magical combat, in fact. He frowned, and jogged in that direction.

He burst into a clearing, and saw someone who looked like a smaller version of Morrigan, except with short pink hair. And she was clearly a bit younger than Morrigan, as well. She was getting slammed backwards against a tree by a black beam of energy, and collapsed there, unconscious.

“Ah, a new challenger.” The voice was dark, and sent chills down his spine. It held a special kind of malice that manages to convey a delighted anticipation for the end of the world. And that was just his voice. He was dressed in black, with a gauntlet on his right arm, with armor over his shoulders, and a black cape as well. His hair was thick and black, and his face seemed locked into a permanent evil grin.

“And you are?” said Link, drawing the Master Sword.

“My name is Zio,” said the man. “And you,” he added, raising his guantleted hand, “are about to die.”

“I don’t think so,” said Link. “I may be a lot of things, but ‘easy to defeat’ isn’t on the list!”

Zio grinned. A blue mist floated out around him, and the sky darkened. Link looked up … and when he looked back down, he and Zio seemed to be surrounded in an endless darkness, with only the two of them and the mist …

… and in the background, a leering skull, its face contorted into an expression of hatred for all existence.

“Like it?” said Zio. “It’s my Nightmare technique. So, shall we begin?”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Zio (CPU)]
[Background: Nightmare]
[Intro pose: Link runs in, sword drawn, and screeches to a halt. Zio materializes in a column of green light and a ZUMMMM noise.]
[1. Link - Bomb]
[2. Zio - Black Wave (Super) (missed)]
[3. Zio - Hewn]
[4. Link - Spinning Blade]
[HP (finisher)]
[Victory pose: Link puts away the Master Sword and strikes a pose, facing away from the camera a la Zero.]
[Victory quote: “I guess monsters are the same wherever you go.”]

The mist faded away, and they were in the forest again. Zio grinned. “You’re a worthy opponent,” he said. “I think today I’ll let you live.”

Link smirked, even though to be honest he was quite winded. “Oh really,” he said. “Or is it that you /can’t/ kill me?”

“Oh, I could if I wanted … Link,” said Zio with a sneer.

Link suddenly realized he hadn’t said his name before.

“Yes, I’m reading your mind,” said Zio. “And … let’s see … you’re looking for the … Triforce?” He suddenly grinned more widely, and then vanished in a column of what Link would swear later was bright green darkness.

Uh-oh, he thought.

Link turned to face the unconscious girl. She was out cold, but she didn’t seem to have any visible injuries. He reached down to try to shake her awake, but stopped – what if it was something internal? He might only make things worse. And anyway, he didn’t know anything about succubus physiology, so he might be completely wrong in any case.

He reached down to take her pulse. Yep, there was a definite heartbeat – but it was slightly slower than might be expected for a human or Hylian. He decided to take the risk and shook her shoulder. “Hey … you all right?” he murmured.

She coughed. A black stream of smoke came out of her mouth, and Link jumped back. That felt like one of Zio’s moves …

“Ugh … stupid black magician …” she groaned, and coughed again, more smoke coming out. “Agh … got to …” She winced, squeezing her eyes shut, and then her form seemed to become dimmer. “Waugh!” She jumped to her feet, becoming normal again, and then yelped and cowered when she saw Link. “Eek! Please don’t hurt me!”

Link sweatdropped. “Uh … I’m not gonna hurt you, I’m …”

The girl raised her finger. “Oh no you don’t! I’m not gonna fall for your tricks!”

Link said, “Tricks?”

She spun around. “Hi-YA!” She leaped at him, and he jumped away just in time.

“What in the …” Link blinked. This was just getting too weird …

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Lilith (CPU)]
[Background: Clearing]
[Intro pose: Link floats down in a column of blue light. Lilith appears, naked, in a fetal position, then spreads her arms and legs, her clothes materializing in the same instant, and then lands as her wings appear as well.]
[1. Link - Jump Sword]
[2. Lilith - Soul Fist (missed)]
[3. Lilith - Splendor Love (Super) (missed)]
[4. Link - Spinning Blade (finisher)]
[Victory pose: Link sticks the Master Sword into the ground, then transforms abruptly into Young Link, who goes “Gah!” and draws the Master Sword again, becoming Adult Link once more.]
[Victory quote: “Another one bites the dust!”]

The girl fell backwards, and curled up into a ball, one hand raised as if to ward him off. “Aaaa! I’m sorry! Please don’t kill me!” she yelped.

“I’m not gonna hurt you,” said Link firmly. “I was just trying to help, when you suddenly attacked.”

She opened one eye and looked at him. “Really?”

Link sighed. “Yes, really.”

She jumped up and shook his hand. “Yay! My name’s Lilith! What’s yours?”

He blinked in confusion. “Uh … Link.”

Lilith hopped a few feet away and took a bow. “Pleased to meet you, Link!” she said cheerfully. “I’m – aaugh!” There was a sudden noise like a heartbeat, and she sunk to her knees, clutching her head.

Link’s eyes widened. “What!? What’s wrong?”

She winced, breathing heavily, and got to her feet. “It’s … b-because I’m not complete …” she gasped. “I’m … missing part of my soul … I need a body of my own! I can’t keep living like this!”

Link tilted his head slightly. “What …?”

Lilith looked about to fall again. “It’s … this body is just sort of a construct …” She sank to her knees. “… just to house my soul … which is fragmented anyway … I need s-something new!”

Link bit his lip, considering what to do. “I … think I may be able to help you,” he said.

She looked up at him hopefully. “R-really?” She seemed to be standing up straighter now, at least.

Link nodded. “Yes … there’s an item called the Triforce. It’s guarded heavily, but … it can grant you any wish.”

Lilith smiled, and managed to get to her feet again. “Yes! Thank you!” She suddenly glomped him around the waist, then jumped into the air and flew away.

Link sighed. “Hoo boy … this is gonna be a long journey …”

Yay, Link is the first character and he’s interesting. And the enemies of Zio all fell down until his animator suffered a fatal heart attack…and the animated peril was over. The quest for the holy Triforce, could continue.

Me likes…me likes a LOT. And nice choices for musics.

Thank you, thank you. :smiley: I’d originally been going to use what is now Morrigan’s theme (Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3: Abandoned Chateau) as Lilith’s theme (which is now Iris’s theme from MMX4), and “Matrix Reloaded Chateau: I’m Too Sexy Remix” as Morrigan’s. Then I decided that (a) that didn’t really work as a battle theme, and (b) Iris’s theme worked better. Oh, and Zio’s theme is Laughter, his and Lashiec’s battle theme as seen in Phantasy Star 4.

… and, uh, I still need a theme for Mufini before I can make the next update, or it’ll be Infinity Mijinion. El sigh …

I’ve got one that MIGHT work…check your e-mail in about 5 minutes.

EDIT: Strike that, I’ll just upload it.
EDIT2: Here. It’s another from that game Eternal Champions.

Wow. That was a quick response.

Just beacause you got me browsing my MIDI collection, here’s one more. A cookie if you know what game it’s from.

“Hey you! The green guy!”

Link turned, narrowing his eyes. Riding in a hovercraft was a man with long brown hair, dressed in furs, and wearing an eyepatch. He was flanked by a large group of men wearing what appeared to be hockey masks, dressed in trench coats, and each armed with large poles.

“Yeah, you, with the pointy ears!” said the man with the eyepatch. “Betcha you’re not from a society that had a balance between magic and technology!”

Link stared. “Who the heck are you!?

“I,” said the man, “am Dalton, Emperor of Zeal!”

“Really,” said Link, reaching for the Master Sword.

Dalton sneered. “Ooh, looks like the elfy boy has a sword!” he said. “Get him, Bashers!”

Ten seconds later, Link was surrounded by unconcsious Bashers.

“Inconcievable!” exclaimed Dalton. “All right, tough guy! Let’s see how you do against my GOLEMS!”

He raised his hands. A black portal appeared above him, crackling with dark magics, and a slip of paper fell out. Link blinked, and picked up the paper.

“Gone fishing. Be back at six,” Link read aloud.

“Gah! Stupid Golems!” exclaimed Dalton. “All right! I’ll take you on myself!”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Dalton (CPU)]
[Background: Clearing]
[Intro pose: Link runs in, sword drawn, and screeches to a halt. Dalton is carried in by a group of Bashers, who dump him uncerimoniously on ghe ground.]
[1. Dalton - Fire2 (miss)]
[2. Link - Spinning Blade]
[3. Dalton - Ice2 (miss)]
[4. Link - Din’s Fire (Super) (finisher)]
[Victory pose: Link puts the Master Sword away and strikes a pose, with a cry of “Yatta!”]
[Victory quote: “I was expecting a challenge here!”]

Dalton sat up. “Inconceivable!” he exclaimed.

“Uh … I’m pretty sure ‘inconceivable’ doesn’t mean what you seem to think it does,” said Link, putting the Master Sword away.

Dalton got to his feet. “Bah! Once I’ve gotten my second wind …”

Link rolled his eyes. “What, you think I’d need the Triforce to beat an idiot like you?”

“The Triforce?” said Dalton, confused. “What’s that?”

“It’s the symbol of power, courage, and wisdom in Hyrule, where I’m from,” said Link, rolling his eyes.

Dalton pounced on this fact like a cat on the last piece of fish. “And it also happens to be an item of ultimate power, does it?” he said.

Link shrugged. “Well, that’s one way of putting it …”

Dalton roared with laughter. “HAHA! You fell for one of the classic blunders!” he crowed. “The most famous, of course, is never get involved with a land war in Spira! But second, is never go up against a Zealian when magic’s on the line! Aaaaahahahahaha! I’ll have ultimate power yet!”

Link narrowed his eyes, wondering if this guy really did have a chance, and turned around and walked away as Dalton tried to start his hovercraft again.

He knew he was being followed. And if his guess was right, his follower would show up right about … now.

Link stopped, looking expectantly at the tree up and behind him. There was a long silence, then a feline, female figure dropped out of the tree. She was dressed in a white hitatare outfit (a kind of kimono with a sort of bow in the back) and armed with a spear; she had long flowing black hair, from which a pair of cat-ears stuck out. “Okay, what gave me away?”

Link smirked, and tapped his ears. “These are a little bit better than what you’re probably used to tracking,” he said.

The catgirl chuckled. “My name’s Mufini,” she said. “What’s yours?”

“I’m Link,” he said. “What were you tracking me for, may I ask?”

Mufini shrugged. “I was bored,” she said. “And I thought for a second that you might be a demon.”

Link nodded. “Nope, I’m Hylian,” he said, smirking slightly. “You thinking of taking on every demon you come across with that spear?”

Mufini raised her spear, and it glowed. “You saying swords are better than spears?”

Link smirked, drawing the Master Sword “You saying spears are better than swords?”

She grinned. “Let’s see you put your money where your mouth is,” she said devilishly.

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Mufini (CPU)]
[Background: Empty Path]
[Intro pose: Link runs in, sword drawn, and screeches to a halt. Mufini drops down from above, spear drawn.]
[1. Mufini - Hyperjump (Super)]
[2. Link - Spinning Blade]
[3. Mufini - Spear Spin (miss)]
[4. Link - Din’s Fire (Super) (finisher)]
[Victory pose: Link sticks the Master Sword into the ground, then transforms abruptly into Young Link, who goes “Gah!” and draws the Master Sword again, becoming Adult Link once more.]
[Victory quote: “Looks like you were good after all.”]

Mufini got to her feet, panting. “Okay,” she said, putting her spear away. “I guess swords are as good as spears, sometimes.”

Link grinned. “I have to agree, except the other way around,” he said. “You gonna head out now and hunt some <i>real</i> Demons?”

Mufini nodded. “Yep,” she said. “So what’re <i>you</i> after?”

“The Triforce,” said Link. “It belongs in Hyrule. I’m trying to find the temple where it’s hidden …” He smirked. “But if you find it first, feel free to use it to grant yourself any deep and dark wishes of yours.”

Mufini smirked. “I’ll keep that in mind,” she said. “See you later!”

Link stared at the paved road. There weren’t any paved roads in Hyrule, and he didn’t have much to relate it to. After watching another moment, however, he shrugged, and started to cross it.

He was startled by a streak of light shooting down and reforming into … well, it looked like a man in silvery-grey armor with long blue hair and a red visor on his helmet. “Ugh …” he muttered, then jumped as he saw Link. “Aww, hell, it’s worse than I thought! We’re doing <i>Nintendo</i> crossovers as well!”

Link blinked. “What?”

Dynamo growled. “Wait – you’re that Link guy who my buddy Dalton fought, aren’t you?”

“I thought you were <i>complaining</i> about crossovers,” said Link.

“Shut up!” shouted Dynamo. “I’m gonna fricking … GRR!”

[Battle: Link (P1) vs. Dynamo (CPU)]
[Background: The Roadside]
[Intro pose: Link runs in, sword drawn, and screeches to a halt. Dynamo teleports down from above.]
[1. Link - Hookshot]
[2. Dynamo - Yammar Ray (Super) (miss)]
[3. Dynamo - Shield Spin]
[4. Link - Spinning Blade]
[Victory pose: Link puts away the Master Sword and strikes a pose, facing away from the camera a la Zero.]
[Victory quote: “You sure you weren’t holding back?”]

Dynamo staggered to his feet. “Ugh …” He suddenly grabbed Link by the lapels of his tunic. “You! If I snag the Triforce, will I be able to defeat you!?”

Link didn’t flinch. “No,” he said.

Dynamo growled, and let go. “I’ll get you for this yet!” he exclaimed.

“You just keep telling yourself that,” said Link as he began walking away.

Dynamo sighed, and then teleported away again.

No, I don’t know. But how’sabout an update, instead?

Pretty good. All of Links enemies shall DIE.
As a sidenote, Yar, update your internet comics.

That works. :slight_smile:

It’s from the first Chip 'n Dale’s Rescue Rangers game for the NES…I love that game. If you have a good NES emulator handy, snare it.

Actually, every single person’s storyline treats each battle as if they won all of 'em. So all of Sesshoumaru’s opponents will fall, and Morrigan’s, and Zio’s, and Dizzy’s, and even Dalton and Dynamo.

As a sidenote, Yar, update your internet comics.

Look again. B)