Xp

I just noticed that no one ever bitched about Windows XP’s name. XP is also a disease called Xeroderma Pigmentosum, its due to a mutation and it more than predisposes you to skin cancer.

Windows 98 “Special” Edition

I have.
I just haven’t done it here.

They should have called it Windows 2002. Would have sounded more professional.
Windows XP sucks anyway. It sucks so much Microsoft plans to make several fundamental changes to it with SP2.

XP sucks much, much less than 98. I am WAY happier with it. 8D It’s MUCH more stable, and there’s a bunch of other things I like about it. There are still some things that should be fixed, though (like bring back the 98 “Find Files” dialogue instead of the stupid dog, and allow more freedom in the taskbar, like allowing us to expand or contract each window group individually, or to move them around).

Overall, though, it’s a whole different ballgame from 98 and I like it much better. :sunglasses:

I think XP’s name as an emoticon is a pretty accurate description of it.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
…like bring back the 98 “Find Files” dialogue instead of the stupid dog…
You know, you can make the dog go away. Or, better yet, you could replace him with the Olde and Frugal Wizard of Denmark, MWAHAHAHA :mwahaha:

Actually he just looks like a wizard.

As for XP…it’s just the rest, and I view my XP on classic mode.

XP. An emoticon. Yes. A Dead person with his tongue out. Good thing I stick with 98 2nd.

I think it’s Bill Gates sticking his tongue out at us as he laughs his way to the bank.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
[b]XP sucks much, much less than 98. I am WAY happier with it. 8D It’s MUCH more stable, and there’s a bunch of other things I like about it. There are still some things that should be fixed, though (like bring back the 98 “Find Files” dialogue instead of the stupid dog, and allow more freedom in the taskbar, like allowing us to expand or contract each window group individually, or to move them around).

Overall, though, it’s a whole different ballgame from 98 and I like it much better. :sunglasses: [/b]

I personally think that 98 was much better. It didnt have all this ‘spyware’ crap, and ran faster. Sure it crashed ever 10 minutes, but it booted back faster.

XP doesn’t come with Spyware. Unless you mean the “error reporting” (which you can cancel). There’s probably some third-party thing you installed doing that.

Or unless there’s something I really need to know.

Cid: Yeah, XP doesn’t come with spyware- but some computers (my HP did -_-) come with it. It has nothing to do with Microsoft.

I’ve had absolutely NO problems with Windows XP at all- I really don’t get what the big deal is.

same thing here… I run on XP Pro and it’s more based on the NT properties than on an standard windows like Home Edition is. If some of you are experiencing problems with WinXP then I’d have a hard time believing that it would be with Pro edition because that’s what I run and I go 4 weeks before rebooting my computer. Pro is very stable and hardly ever crashes… so like CC said, I don’t know what the big deal is :\

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]I have.
I just haven’t done it here.

They should have called it Windows 2002. Would have sounded more professional.
Windows XP sucks anyway. It sucks so much Microsoft plans to make several fundamental changes to it with SP2. [/b]

2002? Sorry, but that sounds like a vacuum cleaner from Teleshop… “And here you can see the new vaclean 2002! It’s new system blah blah blah”

XP is okay.

It’s not the worst software name ever- the company I work for has close relations with a software firm called Chlamydia. :thud: Thus, I get people calling me up all the time telling me “my computer has Chlamydia.” Always entertaining. :hahaha;

Originally posted by baka-neko
[b]2002? Sorry, but that sounds like a vacuum cleaner from Teleshop… “And here you can see the new vaclean 2002! It’s new system blah blah blah”

XP is okay. [/b]

There’s a <a href=“http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/default.mspx”>Windows 2003</a>, though.

Windows Server 2003. It’s more meant for techies (who don’t care). The next “public” Windows will apparently be called Longhorn, for some really obscure reason.

Longhorn? Oh good god, what with that and “my” Chlamydia… :thud:

Windows 2003 is much like Windows XP. They’ve just removed most of the bugs and all the annoying stuff you don’t need.

And it will not be called Longhorn, it is a temporary codename.

This is interesting, no one made the slightest reference to what I was talking about.

I do agree with those who find XP better than 98 though.

And just so you know. They’re removing a lot of the backwards compability with SP2, all in the interest of increased security.