Xp

Actually, XP does come with spyware. MS even admitted it, I posted an article about back in my mad Linux posting days. In fact, Ad-aware has picked up some of it and it is actual MS stuff, not stuff put on by the manufacturer.

Well, my laptop is WinXP based, and I admit that while the backwards compatability issue is a pain, it is otherwise a stable system. Hasn’t crashed on me as much as 98 did back in the day. So long as you can keep another computer around you that runs one of the 9x OSes (to run the stuff that doesnt run on XP), there isn’t too much to fear.

I’m happy with my Windows 2000. Is hasn’t let me down yet.

Oh yeah defenitely… if I didn’t have WinXP, Win2k would be installed! Next best thing in my book =) Very stable and much more compatible than before.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
The next “public” Windows will apparently be called Longhorn, for some really obscure reason.
Yeah, I think Windows 95 was codenamed Memphis.

Also, nobody noticed it looks like the XP emoticon. like sticking tongue with eyes shut.

And since no one’s mentioned it, it looks very similar to the XP emoticon.

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned this, considering we’re a ROLE-PLAYING GAMES forum:

XP = eXperience Points! (yes, that’s how they abbreviate them in several games.)

When I first heard of XP, I said, “Hmm. XP? Is this an RPG? Is Bill Gates the Final Boss?” :hahaha;

Oh, and my Emachines also came with XP preinstalled. I was going to install my Sister’s Word 2000… Oh well, seems fine so far. (I’ve had several PC problems, but I can’t tell if the OS is the cause…)

I have had Xp for 2 years now and have had only one OS caused error. Also, the only time it frezzes and requires a reboot is caused by me gameing on it ( normally i have too much stuff running and therefore overload the memory).

By the way, when is SP2 comeing out?

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]I’m surprised no one’s mentioned this, considering we’re a ROLE-PLAYING GAMES forum:

XP = eXperience Points! (yes, that’s how they abbreviate them in several games.)

When I first heard of XP, I said, “Hmm. XP? Is this an RPG? Is Bill Gates the Final Boss?” :hahaha;

Oh, and my Emachines also came with XP preinstalled. I was going to install my Sister’s Word 2000… Oh well, seems fine so far. (I’ve had several PC problems, but I can’t tell if the OS is the cause…) [/b]

I guess I’m more used to the EXP abbreviation…

Wow, i cant believe i didnt see the thing about EXP… whats wrong with us? I like XP alot. No problems for me.

By the way, when is SP2 coming out?

Autumn.