X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Sucked… hard

Hugh Jackman is still hottwithtwots.

Seconded.

I still don’t understand what kept his pants intact when his body was burning down to the bone when he was walking toward Jean Grey/Phoenix at the end of the movie. I guess that PG-13 rating really is powerful stuff.

Parents don’t want to see Wolverine’s regenerating weener in action.

No one wants to see Wolvie’s regenerating weener in action

That is where you are wrong.

Sorry The 984, but there’s a million demented fangirls who’d say otherwise. I, however, am definitely not among them. Ick O_o

Hugh Jackman, yes. Regenerating weener, no way.

Originally Posted by Zero
[i]
Quote:

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by VickiMints View Post
I still don’t understand what kept his pants intact when his body was burning down to the bone when he was walking toward Jean Grey/Phoenix at the end of the movie. I guess that PG-13 rating really is powerful stuff.

Parents don’t want to see Wolverine’s regenerating weener in action. [/i][/QUOTE]

Wait! You mean that ol’ “Canuckle-head” is not here to present the Oscar!? Well, there goes the last of my motivation to see the Academy Awards this year.

I watched about the first 20 minutes of it before I decided it was crap. It’s ridiculous how poorly the X-Men movies follow the comic book. But the first one at least held my interest long enough to watch it all the way through.

What I find bizarre is that the original script called for Emma Frost to be the villain, and for the focus to be less about Wolverine and more about the other X-Men. That might have actually been a good movie!

I really liked the second X-Men movie, actually. I thought it successfully crossed mediums better than most comic book movies.

2 was not bad. 3 was. Same as Spider-Man.

2 was a good movie. 3 was just plain crappy. I kept thinking, “Really? This is the best they could come up with?”. Hell, they killed off two major main characters semi-early. Kinda hard to be a good movie with that.

Though I’ll be honest. I’ve seen far worse movies than X-Men 3. At least it’s watchable.

Spider-Man 3 would have been a lot better had the movie been Peter in the symbiote fighting Sandman and maybe one or two other grade-C villains (like Mysterio or Shocker or what have you) then actually wait until four to fight Venom. Sorta end 3 with the church bell that sets up the fourth.

I actually agree (for once) with 984 about how Spider-Man 3 should have been handled.

As for X3, I think it was good enough for what it was. As an adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga, it comes very short, but as the third part of the X-Men Movie Universe, it was good enough. Things I didn’t like included:

-Using Wolverine to resolve the Phoenix Crisis rather than Cyclops (granted, the actor was pulled out of the movie so he could star in Superman Returns so it was to be expected.)

-“I’m the Juggernaut, bitch!” You kiss your mommy with that mouth, Juggy?

• Magneto using the freakin’ Golden Gate bridge to reach Alcatraz. First, is he supposed to be THAT powerful? Shouldn’t such stunts have been reserved for the Phoenix? Besides, if he could do that, he could just as easily have hijacked a boat to reach the prison. I know, it was a show of power, but talk about revealing your presence too early. Mags must’ve missed the “don’t let the heroes know where you are” part of the How to be a Good Supervillain Book. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally Posted by The 984
Spider-Man 3 would have been a lot better had the movie been Peter in the symbiote fighting Sandman and maybe one or two other grade-C villains (like Mysterio or Shocker or what have you) then actually wait until four to fight Venom. Sorta end 3 with the church bell that sets up the fourth.

Don’t forget about that whole New Goblin crap. I realize that Harry wanted out of the series by then, but still, to shoehorn him into that cheesy ending like that was awful.

Also the New Goblin? Really? Shouldn’t he have been the Hobgoblin instead?

Somehow, I feel as though, all things considered, Kain Marco’s vulgarity is not on his mother’s list of concerns. She is perhaps more worried that her son is an unstoppable, extremely violent criminal. I mean, “I’m the juggernaut, young lady!” doesn’t make his intent to seriously harm this teenage girl better, at all, really.

The Juggernaut line was a shout-out to the overdub of a X-Men episode, so it worked for the internet geeks…