Wild Arms

Sony announced Wild Arms F for PlayStation 2, a remake of the first Wild Arms RPG on PSone. Wild Arms F will have proportional characters and realistic 3D graphics, not the super deformed and cartoon style characters from the original version. All the game text will be rewritten, and there will be 8 playable characters, with up to 3 characters in battles. There will be approximately 2 hours of event and movies, with full voice dialogs. The game will have updated system and battle engine from the series. Wild Arms F will be released in Japan this winter. -The Magic Box

I like those news because WA 1 was the first game I bought with my PSX; my friend owned suikoden 1 and we each got ff7 a couple months later. It was a special time for me around that time, so this’ll bring back warm memories.

Woah, that sounds really cool. They’ll have to do a lot of rewriting for it to make sense for them to get 5 more characters though =O

I’d be excited but after WA2 and WA3 all I can say is “GRAH! WILD ARMS BAD FOR ORIAN! ORIAN SMASH!”

I already love WA1…this should RULE. :slight_smile:

That’s some great news indeed. I hope they make Boomerang a playable character :slight_smile: Or at least give us a decent explanation to why Luceid was hanging out with a demon assassin.

Hmm, I might play it then. I refuse to play Wild ARMS 1 after having played Wild ARMS 2, because many people told me that Wild ARMS 2 was great, when it was just mediocre (The story was silly, and the themes were very cliche). A rewrite of a script might make it nice, since all of the Sony localized games in the US seemed to be poorly written, including Wild ARMS 2. Remember Legend of Dragoon, anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, not to mention that Cidolfas said WA1 was very corny, which was something I didn’t like about WA2. Not that I dislike corniness - The Lunar games are amongst my favorite RPGs - but it doesn’t seem like Wild ARMS 2 was trying all that hard to be cliche and goofy.

All I can say is: YATTA!

I am SO buying that next year. Or whenever it comes out.

If they make Zed a playable character, I’ll have to seriously consider getting a PS2. I’ll need one for when the Phantasy Star remakes come out, anyway…

So far the only game I played from the WA series was the 3rd. I thought it was ok, might consider getting WAF if it comes out before BoF5, that’s the one I’m really looking forward!

Hmmm… I wonder if Rudy will actually talk this time? The game was good, but Rudy’s “vow of silence” was rather an annoyance.

Yeah…that I hated. Rudy seemed to suffer from SPS (Silent Protagonist Symdrome), but he shouldn;t have, beacause technaically, he didn’t HAVE to be the main character! You could have just as easaly chosen Jack or Cecelia first!

Indeed… hell, I thought of Jack as the main character, though I felt the game was trying to point to Rudy as the main. But, Jack was just too good a character… no matter what people say, Jack is always the star of the game to me.

Originally posted by Xachariah
So far the only game I played from the WA series was the 3rd. I thought it was ok, might consider getting WAF if it comes out before BoF5, that’s the one I’m really looking forward!

You…do realize that BoF5 has been out since mid February, right?

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
I refuse to play Wild ARMS 1 after having played Wild ARMS 2, because many people told me that Wild ARMS 2 was great, when it was just mediocre (The story was silly, and the themes were very cliche).

Who the hell told you that? Wild ARMs 2 sucked compared to the first one. The third one is okay, but the first one is really the shining star in the series.

And I don’t know if I’ll like a remake that changes so much. The game was really a very good balance of everything it had. If they have to make another playable character, why not just split up Jack and Hanpan, and give Hanpan some more lines?

And, yes, Breath of Fire V (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) has been out for some time on both sides of the Pacific. In fact, it’s been out for so long in the US that it’s already received a <A HREF=“http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/231102.asp”>price drop</A> (due mainly to poor sales cause no one knew that it was released).

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
You…do realize that BoF5 has been out since mid February, right?
Breath of Fire 5? In japan maybe, I’m pretty sure it didn’t come out in europe yet

W00t! does a cartwheel :yipee:

should be good to refresh my memory…what little i remember of WA1 anyway…

Sat: Virtually everybody at Final Fantasy Online. Once, there was a “Definitive RPG poll” where there were several polls of games, and people chose their favorite ones, and RPGs were eliminated in trying to find out which one was the best. Either way, of all the 8 games that made it to the Semifinals, the only one I hadn’t played was Wild ARMS 2, and so I asked about it, and everyone told me it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Xachariah: I didn’t know you lived in Europe, heh. Sorry. It’s been out for quite a while in Japan, it’s been in the states since mid february.

LOL, I just realized that this was a remake and not a new game, so now I’m interested. :sunglasses: I’d definitely give this a few rentals (I’ve been abysmally disappointed in the lack of good PS2 games in the last six months or so). WA1 was a neat little game, nice music when they weren’t trying to sound Western (argh), but I didn’t find it unbelievable. Similar to Xenogears, I found it nice to play but not necessarily to replay.

However, a good deal of that feeling may have had to do with the blocky graphics and not-quite-up-to-par sound effects, so a remake may change my feelings about it. :sunglasses:

Btw, it was also the first PSX game I ever bought too, just to tide me over till FF7 came out. 8p

If they keep the same songs, maybe they’ll release a full soundtrack this time around.