Wild ARMs 5: the Vth Vanguard.

The monowheel is too fast to search effectively, and Asgard’s too unwieldy. if you want a suggestion, kill the Southwestern Sol niger first - that’s the one I killed, and it made thigns a lot easier. Just make sure to keep him off of any Ley points - he automatically regenerates to full HP if he’s on it for a single turn.

Is there any point in powering up Asgard, by the way? Is there any time I’d actually want to fight with him considering I get no experience? And how the heck does that tangram thing work?

And any ideas about more Lucky Cards? ;_;

There is an optional quest you do later where Kresnik (the bicycle nut for those who haven’t played WA4) challenges you to prove that your massive golem of ultimate power is stronger than… his bike.

…Yeah, I thinkl that guy’s got a few spokes loose, myself. but anyway, you go out and fight four legendary beasts as Asgard. THey aren;t that hard, though. And I never even bothered to try and figure out the tanagram system.

Sorry, Cid, but that’s the only way to get mroe Lucky cards in this game that I know of. not that I ened them - my guys are level 100, and I have about 24 Level Apples just in case.

OK, beat up one Outer World Sol Niger, but it was such a hassle, I’ve decided to go back to fighting the Sentinels. It’s more fun. (It DID help me level up, though. Also found lots more healing berries along the way, I had run out of those.) I’ll try Elvis next. (Elvis? Seriously? The other Veruni are named after gods, and he’s- Elvis? :hahaha; )

And yeah, I’m frustrated about Asgard. We finally get a playable version of him, and- it fights on its own!? Meh. :too bad:

The Tangrams are a mystery to me too, I can’t find out any explanations or tips for it anywhere. (Maybe they’re in the official guide… which I did not buy… last time THAT happens, word.)

You know, it’s sad. Elvis was once a normal, if somewhat uncommon, name. But now, like Benedict, it has such an association attached to it, that it can neverr be taken seriously ever again without people thinking of the one name to make it famous.

It’s not sad, it’s Elvis. There is no room for two Elvises on the planet; hell, even typing Elvises sounds like bad gollum dialogue in a LOTR fanfic.

Even if you discount the Rock and Roll Elvis, you have to admit that the name is odd for one of The Sentinels. It’s like naming them: Thor! Hercules! Zeus! and- John?

Unless someone at Sony thinks Elvis is the God of Rock n’ Roll. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I beat him today. Carol had no problem with him either (she’s level 61 by now) thought darn, she does the least damage of all the characters and misses a lot.

Btw, doesn’t anyone think that it’s odd that, at no point during their confrontation, anyone points out to Elvis that if the TF system succeeds, Carol would die as well? The whole Sentinel/Party Members confrontations are the weakest part of the story, I have to say, mostly because the game logic doesn’t fit in with it.

OK, now I’m going to do Kartikeya next. I know it’s against your advice, Val, but I still feel Rebbecca isn’t up to fighting Persephone (she STILL has under 4000 HP, the lowest of all my characters.) I think Greg has a better chance against Kartikeya now that he’s leveled up so much. And doing his dungeon again will probably level Greg up even more.

You’ve tried utilizing magic agaisnt them, right? They all have some sort of elemental weakness. I gave Carol the healing medium, and a bunch of Hi-Gems, and she killed the professor in about three hits.

Obviously, though, aattacking is Greg’s best chance. Just make sure you have plenty of healing items.

Oh, wil,. if you want some good equipment for everyone, i suggest you head to Cocytus, the optional dungeon near the Hillside Ruins. There’s no boss there, although the enemies are tough. But if you move fast, and probably run, there are the msot pwoerful armors in the game there. Well, the msot powerful in a balanced way - the individual “GOlden Angel” outfits are stronger, but only in one or two regards - each outfit (tweo to a character) gives increased physical, or magical defense, as well as other boosts. Anyway, Cocytus. Just consider it.

OK, I was wrong. Kartikeya was still too much for Greg. And damn, but winning a Boss fight only to immediately lose because you’re forced to fight him again with only one party member -even if his HP has been reduced- is NOT FUN. Ironically, I decided to try fighting Persephone instead, and Rebecca DID beat her on her own. Ah, well, if life were always predictable it would be boring. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I’ve now completed all the puzzle boxes, except # 1, 2, 14, and 15- I can’t find them. Anyone can tell me where they are- in terms of surroundings, not coordinates? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I also can’t find the tea that Emma (green haired writer) wants.

#1 is actually near Meisis, where Brad is - he tells you when you first meet him that it was nearby. Which would have been simple if you’d bothered doing this from the beginning.

#2 is just north of Twelbit, along the rock wall.

#14 is on the Northeastern continent, in a tiny sandy crater that’s in the southern part of the continent - need Asgard to get there.

#15 is on the way to kartikeya’s tower, along the cliffside facing the inland sea.

I have the tea but don’t remember how I got it. 8-(

Have you tried swapping Mediums? I’ve had great success with the healing and defensive ones, and keeping the single party member inside a ley point which matches the element of the boss’s attack so its effectiveness is lessened.

OK, completed the Puzzle Box quests. Thanks for the help, V. Thought some of the stuff I found is already outdated (I have better armor etc, already.) You’re right, I should’ve done the Boxes as I went along; and I’ll make sure to do so the next time I play the game (how soon that will be depends on how good the Ex Files rewards are.)

Cid: Unfortunately there’s no convenient Wind Hex during the Greg-Kartikeya fight I can hide him in. And Ley Change is too random (in general, I don’t care for most of the spells in this game.) I was actually beating him when he blew me away with his Lock-On attack, I guess it must have an instant-death effect. I’ll equip Greg with a death-resistant Badge next time. I’m planning on finishing the last Outer World Sol Nigers first, though, I think I have only one left.

…Wil. How many goddamn times have I TOLD you that Kartikeya has an instant-death attack? I’ve told you, “equip a Holy Grail, it’s neccesary!”

…Oi. Look, your best bet is, honestly, equipping Greg with a Holy Grail, Chick badge, and Berserker Badge. THe Badge helps increase damage dealt and decrease damage received, so it makes fighting Kartikeya slightly easier. Now, he only uses Sky Twister every so often, so after he uses it,. I suggest you get to that Earth Ley, and hit him with a heavy Crush or two.

Ley Change isn’t random. You just need to use it once, and Greg can move right to it wherever it is.

He’s right, Wil. ley Change actually moves in a set pattern. The pattern changes from fight to fight, from what I can tell, but when it coems to boss fights, where the layout is predetermined, you can always know what the Ley Hexes will change to.

My gf just got to Carol and I want to fucking kill her. AND SHE HAS HIPS! LIKE OTHER MALE CHARACTERS no less. And the golem crusher character is more transparent and cliche than my fucking window. urrrrrrgh. So now we don’t just have another Shion but a 100 series observational realian.

YES! I finally beat Kartikeya!! :biggrin: (but even with instant-death-protection, he still killed Greg once, using that double-turn ability of his. Grrr.)

Anyway, I finally - FINALLY!!- got to see more of the story! And I found the scenes between Dean, Rebbecca and Avril very touching. Darn it, all that grinding was worth it just to see them. Even if I can tell by now that Avril is going to be trapped in a time-loop, forever reliving this story. I don’t know how but that’s the only explanation to her situation. I can’t wait to see how it happens; As I said before, it’s how a story is handled that makes the difference, cliches or not.

OK, now I’m off to do everything else left before taking on Volsung… let’s see, there’s the hidden Bosses, and I still haven’t found Rudy or Ema’s tea… anything else?

Umm, I believe you get Emma’s Tea by helping out with the harmonde Relief Aide. You know, giving Anastasia all the items she needs? She also gives you six level apples at the end of it. And that’s not counting the money donations.

I beat Kartikeya today… it took a few tries, but I hit on a great strategy. Give Greg the defensive Medium, then put him in either of the Ley points at the lower corners. Cast Protect, then wait until the bad guy is two hexes away from you straight ahead. Then cast Shut Out. He won’t be able to do anything but Sky Render or Guard since he’s not next to you, and as long as you keep up your Protect and his Locked, you’ll easily get your FP up to Critical Heal by the time you need it. And the Ley Point’s HP recover every turn will ensure you probably won’t need to even do that. :sunglasses: And since Greg can attack any hex in a straight line, you can keep wailing at him anyway.

Also just beat Cocytus and Inferno… off to see if I can find any more side quests without consulting an FAQ. Though I probably will at this point anyway.

OK, I FINALLY found the tea (thanks, V!) it turned out it was an item named “Second Flash” that Anastasia gives you. What kind of stupid name is that for a brand of tea? (though it isn’t as bad a brand name as “Smuckers’s” :stuck_out_tongue: ) Anyway, from that I got the peaches that in turn lead me to the Werewolf Fang that in turn led me to- The Black Pass!? (Don’t you hate senseless fetch quests?) so now I can get access to the Black Market, run by Marivel (the receptionist at the Golem Hunter’s Guild (Would you believe I didn’t recognize her? And what a *itch she’s in this game!) And it turns out the Black Market sells nothing that I can’t find anywhere else (except maybe the 20-level apples). You think I’m gonna give away my hard-earned levels for that? Forget it!

But, at least that’s one more quest fulfilled. Now- where the heck is Rudy? I got three love letters for him. Which one to give…?