Wild ARMs 5: the Vth Vanguard.

Not gonna happen, I’m afraid, though there are “alternative” wikipedias that are starting up. Time will tell if they take off.

Darnit, I’m stuck.

I have now reached the part of the game where you battle the villain’s main henchmen one by one. But apparently, my party is underleved; even regular monsters are a hassle to beat, and Bosses tend to wipe me out several times in a row. This has been a problem all thru the game.

I don’t get it. I’ve done everything the guide I’m using (the largest one in Gamefaqs) tells me to, including looking for items in the overworld. By all logic, by now my party should be a lot stronger! Is this a game that requires you to “grind” to beat the bosses? I HATE that. Especially in games were random fights are though and BORING like this one.

Sigh Maybe I should have bought the OFFICIAL guide first… but I wanted to play a new game so bad (and had no money for buying both) that I bought only the game, hoping I could do with an Online walktrough. I always read the booklets and designed my own plan first. And I rarely had any trouble as a result.

What am I doing wrong? Am I modifying the ARMs the wrong way? (I keep them balanced between Attack, Force and Magic.) I keep the highest level characters in the main party. I use ability-boosting apples when I find them. Sadly, I have only found two Level Up apples so far (yes, I found the Level Up Apple Tree, but it only gives out one at a time.) :frowning: I use Lucky Cards on every Boss battle. I use all the Badges I have, etc.

Right now, I fought Kartikeya only to find that his strongest attack does over 4000 points of damage; only one of my characters has more than that, so the rest die in one hit. And I have NO Ressurrection Apples or Megaberries left (I used them up on other boss fights.) Worse, after defeating Kartikeya as a group, I have to fight him one-one-one with just Greg (and probably not any time to prepare first either.) How am I going to do that?

Ideas, anyone? I’d appreciate any help.

Okay, I assume you’re taking on the OTHER henchman first, like I told you, Wil. Seriously, Kartikeya is the hardest by far. There are Suicidal Bombs on the world map around the Fire TF system that you can steal revive fruits and Full Revives from. And I tell you that you should make use of Hen Badges, Luck Mediums, Growth Eggs, and all that stuff. I never bothered with the Force boosters in ARMs, by the way. all attack and magic, depending on who needs what.

Anyway, one of my major gripes about this game are the optional bosses. I’m taking care of the optional bosses before I beat the game, but so far, there are two in particular that are jsut plain unfair. Ragu is one of them, obviously, but another, called the FurFur, is just plain evil. Howso? Well, he has about 400000 HP, when my most powerful character can barely top 20000 damage if he has every circumstance in his favor… he does an attack that does FIVE DIGITS of damage, unblockable and impossible to guard agaisnt to reduce damage… and there are two of them. Apparently, the only way to survive is to use a Badge called the 100% Orange, which reduces damage dealt and received to 100. So that character will function solely assupport and revives the fallen characters. In short… the only way to beat this guy is with a tactic that guarantees a win. I hate that.

Overall, though, I say this is one of my favorite Wild ARMs games. THe music is varied, but prtetty good. The graphics are phenomenal. the storyline is riveting and leaves me wanting mroe. I want to hug every single character in my party for various reasons. Gameplay is nice and simple, yet challenging at times. And there’s lots to do for side quests. I give it a 8/10 score.

Thanks for the tip about where to get Revive Fruits from, V. I’ve now decided that, if I’m going to "grind’ I might as well do it in the most interesting way possible, that is: I’m doing the four Sentinel Dungeons first, WITHOUT fighting the Sentinels themselves. Then, if I’m leveled up enough, I’ll return and tackle them. If not, I’ll tackle the optional dungeons too until I am. (Right now, my party is about level 53.)
This means I’ll have to repeat the Sentinel dungeons, but hey, it’s less boring than staying in one place fighting the same monsters for days. Besides, I WANT to see more story scenes! (the one where Rebbecca told Dean never to read her diary, only to realize it would’ve been easier to tell him her feelings if he did, was priceless.) :smiley:

And I think I’ll leave Chef Ragu and Furry guy for next playthrough, after I get all the EX File stuff.

Complicating things is that I’m suffering from vertigo lately (apparently I need new glasses) and all the camera-shifting in the dungeons doesn’t help. :frowning:

But as you said, the story Is worth it. :slight_smile:

You know, the Sol Nigers make it easier to run through the dungeons a second time. And like Is aid, there are some Sol nigers somewhere that you can steal Hen badges from. on top of that, if you kill them using the Chapapanga Summon, you’ll get an additional Hen Badge. So you get six, no problem!

WORST. FUCKING. ADDITION. TO. THE . FUCKING. SERIES. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

THE COSTUMES! OH GOD X_X. WHAT THE FUCK And on top of it Rebecca reminds me of SHION, which is BAD. Oh god I enjoyed having Ziggy snap her fucking neck. Over and over. And if that’s not bad enough, Dean’s a fucking idiot! They are so fucking stereotypical it makes me wanna puke and then…THERE WAS THE JPOP song! I’ll stop for now… This is bad for my blood pressure.

BRING BACK MICHIRO NARUKE! FUCKERS!

Ookay… I have to say that none of those things bothered me in the least.
How on earth is Rebecca like Shion? In any of her incarnations?

THe Jpop soing annoyed me, i admit, and I miss Naruke, too, but these guys do a decent job. I am willing to give them a chance. At least the music is better than in WA4.

and yes, Dean is an idiot. I don;t know where we get this idea that teenage boys are so clueless about the opposite sex. okay, yes, they are, but I can;t think of a single boy who doesn’t constantly think “does this girl like me like this?” Rebecca was actually one of my favorite characters. I mean, for once, we have a girl in love with the main hero, who doesn’t act like a possessive bitch for no reason.

I still say this game is a step up from the last one. several steps up, in fact.

Guys, it’s Sin. I would’ve been surprised if he had liked this kind of game. :hahaha;

My opinion is completely opposite; in-between the jumping and the vertigo I had, this has been one of the most annoying games I have ever played- but the story more than makes up for it.

On other news, my plan to “grind” in a less boring way by doing all four Sentinel dungeons without facing the Sentinels themselves first worked great; not only I had more fun by witnessing all the Character Scenes along the way, but I leveled up to level 57, and was able to beat my first Sentinel, Fereydoon, in one try (thought it took forever- I hate self-healing Bosses.) Of course, they then had to ruin it by saying “he was holding back” The Hell he did, I won fair and square!!! A-hem. Anyway, now I have to do the other dungeons again, but at least I won’t have to do most of the puzzles again (my absolutely most hated puzzle in the game: the one were you have to jump on floating blocks in a certain sequence. Took me nearly all night to figure the pattern!) And no, I haven’t done the Sol Nigers of those dungeons either, Val- I couldn’t beat them either the first time. And yes, I gave Chuck the best Badges for his one-on-one fight with Fereydoon. Helped tremendously; though he only used Finest Arts once, bah.

Sonic Vision counts as a guaranteed critical, Wil. use that with a Punching GLove or Sheriff Star, and you get a Finest Arts evcery time.

I was around level 55 when I started the TF system. Though that has something to do with the fact that by some crazy coincidence I managed to beat one of the overworld Sol Nigers while at an average level of 50 - and with only using two Revive Fruits and a bunch of Potion Berries. Judicious Lucky Card use rocketed me five levels in one fight. O_o The other three sets of Sol Niger whupped my ass though. So far I’ve beaten Persephone, haven’t tried the others yet. The Sol Niger set in Tower M is the one with the Hen Badges, definitely go for that one first (I now have five). They’re not too hard to beat, just take a really long time.

Btw, use Dragon Fossils to put ATK up to 20 for any attackers. The very last level you give it provides a HUGE spike in attack power.

I’m stuck on the Rudy quest, though. Does he show up in random places? So far I’ve seen him in Laila Belle, the Baskar factory, and in Mirapulse. And when I finally find him, which letter should I give him?

I found him in Mirapulse when i gave him the letter. Of course, I only had Mariel’s letterl,s icne I didn;t know about the other ones. if you give him hers, you get a Wing Amulet, I believe. Jane’s letter nets you ehr weapons from the game, and Cecilia’s… I forget.

As a side note, can someone explain to me what the initials for each TF system stand for? Like TF system F, M, O… a little confused there.

I believe it’s Fray, Geo, Muse, and Wing. Don’t remember all of them though.

Val: Didn’t know about the Sonic Vision/Finest Arts combo, thanks for that. Anyway, Chuck, at level 56, easily beat Fereydoon because he often attacked twice, and when using Intrude, THREE times in a row! Take that, you Weakwilled Puppet of the Regime! :stuck_out_tongue: (Though I sometimes used at least one turn to heal.)

Speaking of the sidequests, I can’t find Rudy either (I KNOW I saw him in one dungeon- can’t remember which now.) I also haven’t decided which letter to give him.

Also, I can’t finish the Lilka quest because she “needs more time.” Grrr. I hope that now that I beat one Tower dungeon she might be willing to give me whatever she’s supposed to give.

Also, I’m supposed to deliver one more thing for The Shopmistress in Capo Bronco, but she won’t give it to me yet.

Anyway: which Sentinel should I fight next: Elvis, Persephone or Kartikeya?

I managed to beat Persephone handily on level 55, so she should be doable for you. Don’t forget to steal Hen Badges from the Sol Nigers.

Kartikeya should be your last fight. Trust me on this. I made the msitake of fighting him first. He killed me several times. It’s only because I used some very shrewd tricks that I ebat him. Just remember to try and have nobody in any adjacent Hexes when they start powering up for a special attack. If nobody’s adjeactent, they just guard. Oh, and make sure you have as Holy Grail equipped when you fight him. If you’ve been stealing (like I do), you should have a few with you from Avril’s Subconscious.

Update: Defeated Persephone… as a team. But Rebecca couldn’t beat her in a solo fight. I even gave her the Punching Glove but she never used Finest Arts, not even once. :frowning: Sigh. I guess I’ll have to do more leveling. Maybe I should try facing Elvis next…

(Btw, the whole beat-them-as-a-team-then-with-one-character things gets old. Real Fast. Doesn’t make much sense, either. By the Third Sentinel someone should have said, “Let me guess, you’ll challenge just one of us now, right?” They should just have split the heroes among the bases and let these battles be all one-on-one.)

Finished the Lilka subquest; still haven’t found Rudy.

Oh, and Val: I’ve started doing the Puzzle Boxes now. I have solved several (most with help from a guide, sadly. :stuck_out_tongue: ) and I have earned a few nice things that I hope will help against the Sentinels. This would be easier to do if I could find the darn things more easily, but just having the exact coordinates doesn’t help much in this game’s map. :ark:

I beat (so far) two out of four Sentinels without ever using Finest Arts. For Rebecca, I had her with the healing medium and she was just fine (using Critical Heal when her FP got high enough). And I had Carol with the defensive Medium, ditto. One useful thing is that each Sentinel uses one elemental attack, so if you stay in the Ley point of that elemental, the damage from it will be greatly reduced. It’s just a war of attrition.

I’ve beat about ten Puzzle Boxes without any help from FAQs. I find them a lot easier than the ones in WA3 or WA:ACF. And yeah, the swag is really nice.

One thing I want is more Lucky Cards. Where do I get them?

I only needed help on one Puzzle box, total - the very last one. I msis the ones from Wild ARMs 3 and AC:F.

You can get Lucky Cards from the black market, but you can;t access that until you beat the four sentinels. and I warnyou, the balck market doesn;t accept money - it accepts levels. Lucky Cards cost 2 levels, I believe. there are outfits you’ll need to fight certain bosses that cost 30 levels… one of each character, that means 180 levels total.

Actually, I have solved a few puzzle boxes on my own, something I rarely did in previous WA games, so yes, they’re easier. I’m just not patient enough to figure them all out, particularly with the sight problems I’ve been having lately.

Btw, I’ve decided to try beating the outer world Sol Nigers now. That would give me an EXP boost AND would make searching the world for puzzle boxes et al. easier. (Am I the only one who finds both the Monowheel and Asgard a pain to drive?)