Why do you think teenage girls would spend so much time in front of the mirror?

TD wins.

No. TD fails. Stop playing FFXI and get a real game.

/ws “Backhand Blow” Pierson

I’m totally guilty of this. So what? I just want to look good. See if the ass is accentuated. See if the breasts are round and not sticking to one side. See if nothing’s looking unsexy. it’s not a big deal. Sure we have a lot of pressure on us but it’s not necessarily a self esteem issue. The mirror doesn’t fulfill anything it just, uh, lets us know what we need to tuck in, or if our pants are too tight, whatever. I wouldn’t want to walk into public with my sweater collar all in a jumble or if one side of my shirt was tucked in to the back of my pants. It’s anal, but, it’s the price you pay for beauty le sigh

I honestly can’t remember the last time I looked at myself in a mirror. Seriously, I just remember what clothes people have said I looked good in, and use those. I can’t even remember what I look like.

I throw on a pair of jeans, a shirt, and an overshirt out of my closet. I take a quick look in the mirror to make sure I don’t have something wierd like a blue shirt with a red overshirt when I’m wearing my green cargo pants, and that’s it.

Er, what? That’s possible? >.>;

The only time I look in the mirror, when getting ready, is when I’m styling my hair. Since you need a mirror to see what you are doing. As for clothes I just throw whatever looks good together on, and I’m done.

well there is such a thing as too tight…where…corners and such are bulging out. Trust me, a lot of women cannot see this when they dress. It’s disgusting.

Me…I just spend time looking in the mirror to brush my teeth or put my contacts on. Aesthetics, though important, should be given a few minutes going over, not friggin’ hours like some people I’ve witnessed. But then again I’m no girl, and the friends that are girls that I have I will admit spend twice as much in the mirror as I do. It’s not because they wanna see if they’re fat or anything, but just to look good. That whole Barbie doll image shit is juvenile, more or less on the high school level where you’re looked at under a microscope. If people are pressuring you to go through a whole tirade of makeovers and “self-improvement” by the time they reach their 20s, then that’s just sad. Look good, but don’t overdo it.

I decide what I’m going to wear the night before, to save time in the morning. And it usually doesn’t take long to decide, I just have accomodate for the weather, and what I plan on doing for the day, and what absolutely gorgeous shirts I’ve been neglecting lately. >>; And if there’s some actual EVENT going on (Me? Go out? HAHAHA.), then I’ll probably decide what I want to wear for that days in advance, just so like, I don’t panic at the last minute.

Some people might spend hours in the mirror doing their hair, or overdoing the makeup. Eww, mask-face. >>;

Same here.

I just wear jeans and shirt combinations. Everything looks good with jeans.

The last time someone said I looked good in a pair of pants, I changed 'em. Caring about fashion is for the lower level. We of the upper class need no fashion, for we have ultimate super-powers of being extremely lazy! BWAHAHAHAHA!
I win, you all lose. Kekeke.

Whether you like it or not, people will make judgements about you on the way you dress, so why not look respectable. Having an elitist attitude towards people who actually care how they look is just as bad as Hades’ mom dancing in a cage. naked.

I wear the same clothes for three days before I change them. That’s laziness, holmes. Plus I never leave my house anymore except for work, which I have a uniform for. My wardrobe usually consists of whatever I wake up in, shower, DO(short for deodorant), and throw the clothes back on. It takes me less than ten minutes to get ready for anything. The advantages of being a 21 year old slacker.

Edit: If you have ever been to jail, you’ll learn the art of 2-3 minute showering.

Ahh the shower thing. That’s another subject altogether. It takes me a half hour to get in there, do my thing, wash my hair, get out, apply cream (I’m a girly girl, I like my body lotion) get dressed, run a comb through it and clean up. That doesn’t include spending another (half) hour in the bathroom doing my hair. I doubt that any guy would spend so long doing his hair, but what about showering? Does anyone consider 10 minutes standing under the hot water as a quick shower? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I can shower in a total of like 5 minutes if I have to, but I like to take like 30 minutes. I spend a lot of time sitting in the shower; it helps me think. As for clothes, I just try to avoid all light/light or dark/dark.

I’m a cheap bastard, so I buy those 5 packs of white undershirts and wear those with the same two sets of blue jeans. I wear BDU’s (camo stuff) all day, so I rarely need anything else. I have a few collared shirts of various design just in case i’m going somewhere a little classier. As for hair…what hair? I’m in the military, where i’m not allowed very much hair.

I’m so glad you asked this pertinent question, Eva. :stuck_out_tongue: When I don’t need to wash my hair, I can take a 5-10 minutes shower, but it always takes me about 30 minutes too before getting in there. It takes me 20 minutes or so when I need to wash my hair, though I tend to try making it faster because it’s not nice for others to spend all the hot water. :stuck_out_tongue: Then, it takes me 1 or 2 hours to do my hair. Straightening it is quite long indeed.

I don’t have a mirror in my room, and I never had one. On normal school days, I usually just put on the first clothes I find lying around and check quickly what I look like in the bathroom mirror. When my roommates aren’t in there, I take about 10 minutes to do my hair and put on light make up. If I have to go out somewhere special, it takes me about the same time. Experience proved me I was totally wasting my time spending hours in front of the mirror trying to look pretty before going out. :stuck_out_tongue: