Why do people hate Tidus?

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
-_- Am I the only one who has completed KH. Nessa: .

No you are not. I am completed the game too.

Cool, so you are completed the game eh? How’s being completed working out for ya? j/k

I’ve beaten KH fully plus I’ve beaten Sephiroth more than three times. LOL it’s just way too much fun to fight him that I keep challenging him over and over again

i hate tidus because he is an idiotic annoying jockperson, and FFX is rediculously bad. the only good character in FFX was lulu.

also, i think KH mangled squall.

Now, who could ever hate Meg Ryan?

Well if anyone’s interested here’s a story I had written on FF.net about the battle between Sephiroth and Sora featuring Cloud as well. I thought people on here who loved KH might enjoy it.

Warning though this story contains spoilers and even a small strategy on how to beat Sephiroth, so if you don’t want to be spoiled don’t read it but to those who do. Then I hope you like it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1019543

I hate Final Fantasy X. I hate Final Fantasy II. I hate Final Fantasy VIII.

I can’t say I hate him.

Now to step on some nerves…

I think a good many people didn’t like Tidus exactly because he’s one of the few RPG heroes they could relate to. You know, an emotional weakling and often outwardly awkward.

People like to say they relate to heroes who in all honesty in a balanced view are much better than them. If half the people who say they’re like General Leo were actually like General Leo at all this world would be awash in altruism

Who, on the otherhand, is going to willingly relate themselves to Tidus, not exactly the typical pillar of strength and unrelenting resolve when it comes to personality?

In short, Square hit too close to home. So much for people wanting their games more “realistic” (which would, one would think, require realistic characters).

As I said it’s not that I HATE Tidus, it’s the fact that he whines constantly about every little thing. Still he has his moments when you actually see a good side to him. I just see more bad than good in him that’s all

Other…he speaks too fast and the way he waved his hands around every time he spoke pissed me off!!

Good in a battle though…once you trained him up and had gone through the tedious chocobo race to upgrade his celestial weapon.:fungah:

Originally posted by SilverStorm
Other…he speaks too fast and the way he waved his hands around every time he spoke pissed me off!!

Agreed! It was SO annoying!

Man, every body always complains about the main characters.

Clouds too flaky, Squalls too cold, Zidane’s to eechi, Tidus whines to much, Sora’s annoying.
Meh. There all o.k to me.

To steal a line from Hsu and Chan:

He’s a major sports star, and he looks like two seniors have been holding him over a toilet.

And he wears liederhosen, for god’s sake.

I think a better question is why do people like tidus?

Too whiny. and the laughing scene was just a joke.

I don’t like Tidus at all. He is irritating, unintelligent, and looks like a fucking pop star.