Why do people hate Tidus?

It seems a lot of people do. I’m just curious as to why. Personally, I don’t hate him, altho he can be a bit annoying.

I don’t hate the kid.

I mean, yeah, he can be a little slow on the uptake, and everything, but you try being thrown into a brand new world, and getting all their rules and customs, right away. It is no reason to hate the kid.

I chose I don’t hate him. If i had to pick a reason to DISLIKE him I would say his American accent… No offence to Americans, but it was sometimes quite strong, Yuna didn’t have one and I think her voice was by an American voice actor.
But on reflection, this isn’t really that bad and mostly remained unnoticed for me during the game.

He’s too much of a whino… Oh wait that says whiner? Well yeah, he’s a whiner too.

The only reason I could think of as to why people dislike him is that he’s the main character. Pretty crappy reason. I rather like him. Square did a good job with the FF X characters.

Originally posted by Mitsu
If i had to pick a reason to DISLIKE him I would say his American accent…

You do realize that there are many different accents in America? It’s a big country, so if England can have as many as it does, we certainly can have more. I assume you just say American because you don’t know enough to localize further. With the exception of Wakka and Kimhari, their accents are all mostly alike, it’s the voices that make the most difference at that point.

I don’t hate him THAT MUCH, sure he whines a lot, I just don’t hate him that much, but I don’t like him either. There are better main characters than him…

i put other just because his vo iceover annoys me sometimes

Other. I hate him because of trying to get his celestial weapon. Damn chocobo race X_x;

Oh and that stupid scene where Tidus is trying to make Yuna laugh! (At the exit to Luca I think). It’s so awkward and annoying!

You do realize that there are many different accents in America? It’s a big country, so if England can have as many as it does, we certainly can have more.

Yeh, I do but I really don’t know them so I generalized a little.

I think he’s too whiny. I know this dodges the cliche of having a rather mysterious and/or brooding attitude, but if this is the alternative, give me Cloud or Squall any day.

His style of clothes.

I don’t think it’s any one thing, really. Not just the whiny voice, not just the naive attitude, not just any one thing. It’s the whole package.

For me, though, his pathological overuse of the phrase “my old man” instead of calling him “my dad” or something is a rather big part of the package.

I hate to cop out and say “he just is, okay?” but really, he just is.

I hate the way how James Arnold Taylor sometimes speaks too fast. And how when Jecht turns into teh monkey man and Tidus is rushing forward his grunts and moans sound akin to sexual pleasure which is just wrong.
And screw Tidus, gimme Auron, a much cooler guy with a far better voice actor…I hate Square for sending him >_<

BTW if you want to know how it’s pronounced play Kingdom Hearts, it is pronounced Tee-dus. (guh)
My friends and I know this however we call him Tide-us, I think it sounds way better.

May your blasphemous soul burn in hell for not playing Kingdom Hearts…

I’ve played Kingdom Hearts… Not as much as I would’ve liked tho. So far my favorite part was beating the piss outta Tidus. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sephiroth owns you. I think it’s fucking cool how FF characters get new looks and voiceovers. Cloud looked sweet, and David Boreanaz did a kickass voice over for Squall, and he seems perfect for him. Pluss it was cool how Cid reunited Cloud with Aeris at the end.

BTW Nessa what’s with the Seymour sig thing? I don’t understand it ^_^;;

Nessa: You can beat the piss out of Tidus in Kingdom Hearts?

smiles

Wish I had known this sooner. Perhaps I should buy it after all.

Seph: Rent “Little Shop Of Horrors” the musical version from the 80’s, starring Rick Moranis and Steve Martin. Then you’ll understand Nessa’s sig.

[which, by the way, still makes me chuckle on the inside every time I see it. Nice sig, Nessa.]

Hehe, thanks. ^^ I’m quite proud of it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Seymour isn’t my friend…he hurts meh…;_;

Kaiser: You get to beat the piss out of Tidus by continuously whacking over the head with some wood whilst giggling in delight a the sounds of pain that come out of his tiny 10 year old chibi-fied body. Or am I just insane?

Nope… that’s about right. big grin