Who here is a musician of some sort?

It’s not about needing to. It’s about having enough passion to not be able to stop yourself from playing that much.

I played the snare drum for like a couple of weeks in the third grade. The teacher was a bitch so I intentionally forgot my stuff a few times to get kicked out of the program.

I play bass. Steves heard my skillz.

Im a trumpeteer. People say im egotistical, but i really am better than all of them.

I jes started playing electric guitar back in December.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
A concert guitar, which is kind of like an ibanez copy with a fender headstock, and a small 15watt fender practice amp. It’s beginners stuff, but I don’t really need anything better yet. I like what I can do with this stuff.
What about you man?

Ahhhh…where to start…all guitars except as mentioned are fitted with Gibson Tony Iommi humbuckers, because they kick serious ass. :slight_smile:

Epiphone Gothic Explorer

Gibson Les Paul Studio (black)

Gibson Les Paul Studio (custom paint job)

ESP custom Explorer

1967 Gibson Flying V (original pickups)

Epiphone Tony Iommi SG 1963 Fender Stratocaster (original pickups)

I also have a Gibson Voodoo Explorer on order from Musician’s Friend.

For amps, I run a Marshall JCM800 head with two 4x12 cabinets, and for effects I run a Danelectro Cool Cat chorus and a Boss SuperOverdrive pedal. That’s pretty much it. Plug in and go. Been playing and collecting gear for the past 6 years now, hence the vast collection.

What kind of guitar, Cro?

Originally posted by Zombie_Ori
I laugh at people who have to practice that much.

Tell that to any of the following: Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Kirk Hammett, John Petrucci, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dimebag Darrell, Eddie Van Halen, George Lynch, Paul Gilbert, Slash, etc. The list goes on and on, most of those people I named practiced from 6 hours to 15 hours a day when they were teens and now they’re guitar gods idolized by many players world-wide. Wonder how good they’d have been if they just stopped after 2 hours when they had so much they could work on and refine? Hell, they may’ve been as good as… TOM DELONGE!!! (…the Blink182 guitarist)

But most skills, like insane alternate pickign speed, is impossible to get without putting in an equally insane amount of time and work.

Its also got to do with what Hades said, desire.

I’ve played bass for a year and a half and trombone for 5 years. I’m alright at bass and I’m awesome at trombone, even though I don’t really play it that much anymore. Not that it’s a great accomplishment to be a great trombone player.:stuck_out_tongue:

I think my name explains it all…

I’ve played piano for 14 years (the last 2 I haven’t played much though). I just started to learn the guitar.

Back in elementary school band, I used to play percussion. That was a blast, it was so easy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I play the violin… left-handed… despite being right-handed, because I physically can’t play it right-handed. I’m special.

I can kinda sorta play a keyboard. By that, i mean I know what keys do what, and can read basic sheet music…kinda. ^^;

I CAN play a few VG songs.

I can use the Keyboard and soem Ocarina (so I played Zelda: OoT a bit too much, so what?), but I really don’t know how to play them. That is, I hear a song, and I try and mimic it from sound alone, I’ve never looked at a single sheet of music in my life. Not to play, at least.

I play the flute.

Me and my homies threw down a couple of jams at assemblies, you know how we do.

I’ve played the Baritone (aka Euphonium) for about 8 years and a trombone for 3. I only play then at school as I don’t have the money to buy them, but I was probably one of the best people in the lowbrass section for my high school.

Y’know, I’ve actually thought of creating actual music to produce … not just MIDI, but making money out of it …

I took keyboarding lessons when i was younger, so i can kind of read music. If you give me four chords, i’ll doodle around on my midi controller. I sequence. and sing. My sig will tell you so! [if you… you know… click on it.]

this place sure has a lot of talented people…

~starla

I play the trombone :D:D:D :yipee:

Ooookay. I learned how to read note sheets with about 6 years (with Xylophone! :smiley: And yes I had lessons on that so my 1337 xylophone skills are above the average plinging :P), with 8 I started Flute (sopran, started alt when I was about 10 or so) and stopped when I came to China, so 3 years ago when I was 12. I still play sometimes though not to unlearn those freaky Mozart things oO; The magical flute is pretty easy though.
Oh, and I’ve been playing piano since I was 10 or so. Dunno.
And singing of course. I love singing. I’ve never done it really “professionally”, but I’ve been playing in a few musicals (in music school) because I love acting as well (starting when I was 4 to 6 years old, don’t really remember). I also sing occasionally on school events and concerts. Am not in the school band though cause they suck :stuck_out_tongue: