Who here is a musician of some sort?

Originally posted by Morylion Karvarimon
I’m a musician. I can like do card tricks, and make a billion handerchiefs, and I can pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Are you a musician or a magician?? :thud:

I’m a former trumpet player btw.

Wertigon brings up a very good point, actually. I can also read music well, in Treble and Bass clef. :stuck_out_tongue: And, on my more practiced musical features (Percussion, Vocals, and Compoisition), I can do many different styles. This of course means being able to improv and sightread or what have you :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been playing the piano for about seven years now. I sort of play the guitar, but very badly. I may take up playing bass guitar. I used to have drum lessons at school until I was made to learn the rest of the percussion section for the school band and orchestra. I didn’t mind playing timps, glockenspiel, bass drums or the drum kit, it was the rule about everybody having to carry your own instruments which made me give up.

I’ve been playing guitar for about a year, and I played piano since I was six, but I quit when I was 15.

Piano, Guitar (Electric and Acoustic), and I’m trying to learn sax.

I’ve got about 10 years of piano playing behind me, although I now abstain from formal lessons. I’m currently learning how to play Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by the Smashing Pumpkins, as well as Vince Guaraldi’s “Peanuts Suite.”

I also have high school knowledge of the Viola (it’s kinda like a really big violin), and general knowledge in most string instruments. I could probably pick up a cello, bass or violin and play it pretty adequately.

I sing too, but only in the shower.

I play Sax. I played Alto since 5th grade up to…halfway of 9th. Then switched to Bari and never went back since. Here I am, second year college freshman. So that makes about… seven years on sax now.

I play piano, mostly by ear. Every now and then, if I’m interested in a piece, or my ear-training can’t quite get the melody right, I’ll use sheet music. I’m not as good as those f**ks who can play all those sweeping chord inversion cadences at a drop of a hat, but I’m pretty damn good.

I fool around with a small bit of a harmonica.

And I’m a remixer. I use MOD, or “Impulse Tracker” really. It’s a sort of MOD…however, with the shit I make, most people usually can’t tell. click HOMEPAGE NOW!!!

Piano, grade 10, 8 year and flute, grade 3, 3 years :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been playing drums for a few years now, I also started using an acoustic guitar a few months ago. I prefer being a vocalist though, since I can sing better than I play.

I play guitar, bass, and just enough piano so I can keep my music reading chops up.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I play the guitar. I’m alright, I’ve been playing for almost a year now. Still learning a lot… although playing riffs is pretty fun.

I’m a musician, I guess.

I play piano, clarinet, and bits of trumpet and percussion. And I sing a LOT. I’m in a choir here at college which does occasional church services, concerts, and - this term - an opera, and I’m in my church choir at home.

I’m a bit of a music nerd, when it comes down to it.

I’ve played the guitar for over a decade, I’m pretty good if I do say so myself.

I can play pipe organs. Pretty much the same as being able to play the piano, but pipe organ sounds more impressive. I can’t read notes though, so someone has to translate it into letters. You know, A B C D E F G.

I can’t play guitar except for a few simple chords, nevertheless I still carry an acoustic guitar with me everywhere since it makes me look so artistic and unique, chicks dig that sort of stuff.

Originally posted by Rubicante
[b]I like your choice for favorite album. Definitely one of Maiden’s best (best still falls to Powerslave though…but that’s just one fellow’s opinion :slight_smile:

What kind of gear do you have? [/b]

A concert guitar, which is kind of like an ibanez copy with a fender headstock, and a small 15watt fender practice amp. It’s beginners stuff, but I don’t really need anything better yet. I like what I can do with this stuff.
What about you man?

Well, I play the cello, been playing it since the fifth grade. When I moved to NY, they didn’t have an Orchestra, so I played a keyboard. Then they switched me to a bass guitar. I was pretty good. But then, by a praise, they got me a cello. :slight_smile: I learned more notes on my cello then I did here in Texas. When I came back to Texas, it was th cello.

I’m alright at it, I wouldn’t say I’m good. (Probably because I don’t have my glasses anymore. :P)

Got a guitar in mid-december. And I laugh at silly people who can’t stand to practice an instrument more than 20 minutes a day. It’s impossible for me to NOT practice for like 2-3 hours minimum. I mostly just learn vgm and anime music from tabs right now. It’s fun being able to play stuff like “The Nightmare’s Beginning” (Vincent’s Theme) from FF7 and “Star of Tears” from Xenogears.

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
Got a guitar in mid-december. And I laugh at silly people who can’t stand to practice an instrument more than 20 minutes a day. It’s impossible for me to NOT practice for like 2-3 hours minimum. I mostly just learn vgm and anime music from tabs right now. It’s fun being able to play stuff like “The Nightmare’s Beginning” (Vincent’s Theme) from FF7 and “Star of Tears” from Xenogears.

6 monthes ago I laughed at people that practiced less than 6 hours a day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by RedComet
6 monthes ago I laughed at people that practiced less than 6 hours a day. :stuck_out_tongue:

I laugh at people who have to practice that much.