Which console game controller is the best?

Recently a friend and I got into a debate on which game controller is the best, he claimed it was the n64 controller, I said it was the PS one. I just found the ps controller easier to use and more durable, when I had a n64 controller the joystick kept getting messed up, so which controller do you guys think was/is the best?

PS2

Well:

PS1: Not much to it, but it was easy to handle. (6/10)
N64: I never could get the hang of the joystick in the middle. (6/10)
PS2: Very simplar to PS1, but with a few advances. (7/10)
Gamecube: Good style, but tricky to remember what each button does. (7/10)
X-Box: Way to big and bulky for my tastes. (4/10)

So it’s a tie between the controller for the Gamecube & PS2.

SNES. How simple do you need?:mwahaha:

Probably the PS2. The Gamecube controller is easily the most comfortable, but the button layout is terrible. The PS2 has an excellent button layout and is rather comfortable.

PS2 has the best controller.

GC is comfortable but the D-Pad is to small, and I am not good at fighting games on GC

So, PS2 is the winner.

Originally posted by Pierson
SNES. How simple do you need?:mwahaha:

Sega: button 1, button 2, and d-pad.

Originally posted by demigod
Sega: button 1, button 2, and d-pad.

I believe Sega Genesis had the A, B, and C buttons. That’s three by my count.

Anyway, between the present day systems, I believe the PS2 is best. The Cube’s is cool, but I takes some time getting used to. The X-Box’s controller is a joke IMO.

NES, hell, that controler was so durible you could throw it at the wall, and it would make a dent in the wall.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
[b]I believe Sega Genesis had the A, B, and C buttons. That’s three by my count.

Anyway, between the present day systems, I believe the PS2 is best. The Cube’s is cool, but I takes some time getting used to. The X-Box’s controller is a joke IMO. [/b]

Didnt it have a start button? And demi was talking about master system controller.

Let’s go the whole hog with Sega & say the Saturn :ah-ha!: durable as hell, plenty of buttons and a classic, simple Sega design :slight_smile: current joypads? Probably the PS2, if I’m honest (Gamecube overdoes the whole button thing, IMO, although the shoulder triggers are cool)

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I believe Sega Genesis had the A, B, and C buttons. That’s three by my count.

True, but I’m not talking about the Sega Genesis. Sega produced a console system before the Genesis that had only 2 buttons and a directional pad, button 1 was also the start button. I remember playing a version of Double Dragon where you have to kill the other player at the end if you’re both still alive.

Originally posted by demigod
True, but I’m not talking about the Sega Genesis. Sega produced a console system before the Genesis that had only 2 buttons and a directional pad, button 1 was also the start button. I remember playing a version of Double Dragon where you have to kill the other player at the end if you’re both still alive.

Sorry, the Genesis is as far back as I go with Sega. I’ve never actually heard of the Master System into I got into emulation.

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
NES, hell, that controler was so durible you could throw it at the wall, and it would make a dent in the wall.

He I would know, after hours of frustrated NES gaming.

In my day, we only had one button… AND WE LIKED IT!

Not really, that’s before my day. Anyway, I love the PS2 controller, because I loved the SNES controller, which the it’s basically based off of.

Yeah… I like the GC and N64 controllers, but I would have to agree that PS1 is very good. NEver used a PS2, though I have used a PS1 Dual Shock, and it’s really no different from what’ I’ve seen.

Although playing four hours straight with the control sticks nearly wrecked my hands. Damn you Ape Escape and your addictiveness.

I dig SNES and PS1/2… Cube’s pretty much up there with them…

The NES PowerGlove (j/k)

Hm. I have to agree with Saturn. It’s very comfortable. Occassionally it feels a little too small, but it has just enough buttons and is good for any type of game usually. I’d like to see you pull off Street Fighter stuff on fancy schmancy PS2 controller. It just seems way too hard.

Dreamcast. Yeah. The XBox controller ripped it off (which in turn was actually ripping off the SATURN 3D pad), but I like the DC’s layout. Good controller that fits well into two hands. Only complaint is that it’s friggin’ impossible to pull off Street Fighter stuff with it.

N64. That controller felt really good. I would rank it as either the #1 or #2 best controller in terms of fitting well into hands. It’s very comfortable.

Heh. I always wanted to try a Power Glove.

The Saturn is good, but it’s been a while since I played one.

I like the playstatin contollers the most
and i really hate the xbox controllers they are so freakin big