When you croak off...

http://www.funeraldepot.com/returntosender.htm

…then what?

Personally, I think I’m gonna donate any spare parts and have whatever is left cremated, and have ‘Dust in the Wind’ played at my funeral. I also wanna have a kickass wake, (but of course, I won’t be there, unless my ghost wants to party.)

i want to be hung upside down on a cross made out of bananas, soaked in lamp oil, then lit on fire.

Cremate me. I don’t want to think about worms eating me or somebody coming into the graveyard at night and having a little fun with my body, thank you very much.

Cremate, of course. One last fire before everyone forgets me.

Gee, aren’t the thread topics in the Main getting cheerier? ; )

But actually, I HAVE been thinking a lot about my mortality of late, since I recently lost two of my aunts… the latest in a long list of loved ones I’ve lost since childhood. Curiously, instead of breaking me, I feel more at peace with Death (and Life) than ever.

I don’t particularly care what is done with my body; I think I will go the donate-then-cremate route like Thrill. I’m MORE worried about disposing of my meager possessions (like my comic book collection) properly. I want to leave them to people who will appreciate them.

I also want to be remembered well. I would like a plaque… with a funny message like, “He died like he lived- laughing.” Or something like that. I also think I’ll leave a videotape with a goodbye message for everybody (a video-testament, if you will) so I can let friends and enemies know how I REALLY feel about them. :ah-ha!:

Whatever is done to my body is fine with me, though I like the idea of having everything donated best than others.

And there is more about returning stuff from the dead than we think. Where I live, there used to be a cemetary called “Be Right Back”.

I also found this once while browsing for random stuff:

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Cremate me. I don’t want to think about worms eating me or somebody coming into the graveyard at night and having a little fun with my body, thank you very much.
Hooray for rigor mortis?

I’m aiming for immortality, myself.

I’m gonna live forever, or die in the attempt.

I want to be stripped down for spare parts also. I think I’ll have the husk cremated and scattered in the bay.

If I have any useful organs I’d like for someone else to have them. Then I’ll get cremated and have someone sell me on Ebay (since someone has sold their soul and aparently some woman on ebay is going for 80 grand)

A small list:

• There will be no sadness in my funeral. It’s not mourning, it’s remembering a really good person, and how much happiness he brought.
  • Play: “Always look at the bright side of life” (Alternatively, “Life is life” by Opus)
  • “Bury my shell at wounded knee” … nah, Donate everything and get incinerated.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
If you tie a rubber band around it, you’ll get a much harder erection.

I’m Death. Death dying would be silly.

I couldn’t care less really. Mostly because I’d be dead, and not be able to care about anything all.

Yeah, it’ll end with fire.

Well you’re all awfully optimistic. How do you know you’re not gonna end up falling into a meatgrinder, or, I dunno, lost on an arctic expedition? Then people’ll probably find you much, much later, and then you’ll be known as “The Ice Man/Woman”. How cool would that be? (pun intended, duh)

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
- Play: “Always look at the bright side of life”

That one goes ditto for me. :hahaha;

And on a similar note…

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp04212002.shtml

Cremation seems to be a popular choice here. I’m going to break that trend and go for a burial, after donating whatever parts people would find useful.

Originally posted by ClothHat
I want to be stripped down for spare parts also. I think I’ll have the husk <strike>cremated and scattered in the bay</strike> mounted and put on my grandkid’s wall.

I want to be buried in a shallow grave in a metal coffin with a latch on the inside. You know. Just in case.

Sure you don’t want a massive bell too? The wealthy always brought those along in the old days.

Why do people care how they’d be burried? You’d be dead, it is not as if you’d be able to witness it. And last time I checked, dead people were quite incapable of caring. Oh well, I’ll suppose I should go down in a flash of fire. I’ll just have to make sure I die in the Winter so I’d be useful for more than a little light.